1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just finally got my batman and I was having a hard time with his cape. I was like I can't be this stupid then after watching some YouTube i realized hot toys sewed the clips upside down. So I just contacted sideshow for a replacement cape.

Anyone put the DX19 head sculpt on the Armory Bruce wayne body?
I did it to sell off the parts. Unfortunately, iirc, the head doesn’t sit at the height you’d want so I had to mod it.

Attachments

• 27C31022-EE1E-4588-A602-00A1AA829FBC.jpeg
    27C31022-EE1E-4588-A602-00A1AA829FBC.jpeg
    445.4 KB · Views: 0
  • A3BA6449-7834-48A1-B9C5-F4CEF0E80F6F.jpeg
    A3BA6449-7834-48A1-B9C5-F4CEF0E80F6F.jpeg
    983.5 KB · Views: 0
Thanks! That looks actually pretty awesome! Did you just use a smaller neck peg?
I think I added one that sits lower to mod the height to match the DX19. The sculpt has a recessed socket and I swapped it for one that extends like a dome below the sculpt.

I think I added one that sits lower to mod the height to match the DX19. The sculpt has a recessed socket and I swapped it for one that extends like a dome below the sculpt.
Something like this? Thanks again! i have the body and suit on order from Toy Anxiety.

Attachments

• s-l1600.jpg
    s-l1600.jpg
    111.8 KB · Views: 0
Finally pulled the trigger on this.

First HT figure since 2021 and first Batman figure ever.

Huge fan of TDK trilogy and just had to get this.

Any tips on how to preserve the figure or potential problems? Should the couch grabber be placed lower so it doesn't press against the plates? Any issues with attaching the cape?

Thank you.

Finally pulled the trigger on this.

First HT figure since 2021 and first Batman figure ever.

Huge fan of TDK trilogy and just had to get this.

Awesome! Hope you'll be happy with it! A good figure indeed and one of the best 1/6 TDK Batman figures in my opinion.

Any tips on how to preserve the figure or potential problems? Should the couch grabber be placed lower so it doesn't press against the plates? Any issues with attaching the cape?

Thank you.

Yep! I did just that, I placed the cradle arm lower to where the tips of it don't make contact with the figure (and on another instance I placed a piece of the foam packaging between the stand and legs which works well). I didn't have an issue attaching the cape fme.

Looks almost a little too bulky

Yep It is indeed more bulkier than the armory version Or the 1/4 scale, probably because of some miscalculation on the new body, in fact even if you don't have another bats to compare with you can still notice that the dx19 looks a little bit to fat for some f reason 😅

With the dx12 you're totally cover , the dx19 without mods it's still way to far from perfection and waiting for inarts will be the best option

Yep It is indeed more bulkier than the armory version Or the 1/4 scale, probably because of some miscalculation on the new body, in fact even if you don't have another bats to compare with you can still notice that the dx19 looks a little bit to fat for some f reason 😅

With the dx12 you're totally cover , the dx19 without mods it's still way to far from perfection and waiting for inarts will be the best option

That's mainly why I haven't purchased yet. It feels like putting one of the headsculpts from the 19 on the 12 would look better tbh. DX12 still gets closer to the overall size of the suit to me. Ill wait to see what Inart does I guess

The DX12 is miles off. The body is way too flat and hippy looking and the shoulders too narrow. It looks really awkward. The DX19 is pretty close but from some angles it does look like he has a thin pillow under his shirt.

The torso is just a little thick front to back but otherwise it’s completely superior to the DX12.

Yeah, if it's not too late to go with a taller body like the worldbox I've mentioned here before.
Worked on mine a little today. Im using the stock Armory body and clothes due to getting a good deal. I haven't resolved the neck issue yet and the head sculpt is just resting on the peg and not snapped in.

I bough an adapter and sadly realized that the head sculpt has an adapter already embedded deep in it. Not sure if I even know how or where to begin to remove it. I may just keep resting the headsculpt until theres a better way.

Attachments

• IMG_6177.jpeg
    IMG_6177.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_6178.jpeg
    IMG_6178.jpeg
    2.9 MB · Views: 0
The DX12 is miles off. The body is way too flat and hippy looking and the shoulders too narrow. It looks really awkward. The DX19 is pretty close but from some angles it does look like he has a thin pillow under his shirt.

The torso is just a little thick front to back but otherwise it’s completely superior to the DX12.
"Miles off" feels like an exaggeration but to each their own I guess

The upper and lower body look like they belong to completely different figures. It’s nothing like the silhouette of the character, he’s not shaped like a pear.
CD193A7F-CF4E-49C4-98B4-35EB256D2CFE.jpeg

I don't think Dean is nitpicking. All his complaints are valid. Think he just wants to see passion for the subject material and not the same half assed attempts over and over again.

I don't think Dean is nitpicking. All his complaints are valid. Think he just wants to see passion for the subject material and not the same half assed attempts over and over again.

This goes beyond this current release. Hell, even for the dx19, he nitpicks the space between the back of the cowl and neck. Then proceeds to pull out a children’s book for reference. I mean, that’s nitpicking.

Back