1/6 Hot Toys DX19 - The Dark Knight Rises - 1/6th scale Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In 1/6 sure, pretty hard to believe there’s been 5 TDK figures from Hot Toys now and each one is pretty off in one or two ways.
I think ascetically speaking (except the cape), HT have only nailed two Batman figures so far that's probably the DX09 and the Returns figure.

No figure is ever 100% right out of the box, now will they ever be. Some things will be done to keep production costs down and profits up, some will just be a matter of error by those designing them.

This is my third Dark Knight Batman, I started with the MMS, then DX02, and now this. Those previous figures were plagued by major aesthetic issues beyond close study of accuracy, but out of the box the DX19 is finally a good looking figure, at least for me. The only mod I did was a small bit of stuffing around the traps.

Folks who've been customizing are doing an incredible job enhancing the stock figure.

So I got the DX19 as a Christmas present!

I had the chance to cancel my Hot Toys 1/6 Batman Begins preorder, and swap it for this DX19, which the retailer had in stock.
Couldn't be happier!

This feels like a real DX release, a 290 EUR worth figure.
Great release, the unboxing felt glorious, just like the old times.

For me it's my first Nolan Batman that I get.

I love the suit in Batman Begins, and all about the theatricality, and the "embracing your fears" there is about it, but honestly, I think I will not regret swapping the terrible Hot Toys release with this one.

The DX19 also adds something different to my collection, for example the 1989 DX Batman which I also got is almost a statue.
Better posing with this DX19 should give me something that I don't have with that one anymore!

Merry Christmas to everyone!

Last edited:
Just ordered a second Batman to keep stock. My first one that is modded with OT bits needs more work some of the paint came off on his neck, cowl and lower shoulder pads but it's probably easy to have fixed.

I found some shiny spots on the back of my TDK DX19s cowl. Anyone have a suggestion on how I can get rid of them? No idea how they got there.

needs more oaty parts to complete this figure. can't wait for the neck piece. the modification done to fit oaty's parts gives a bit of an open gap around the collar. happy as is, but can be improved

DSC_0151.JPG

View attachment 595686

This is BD002. I also have the BD001 body and although the product info page recommend using the BD001, I think it's a bit too short, the BD002 looks better.
Hey is your bruce head inserted all the way into the bd002 body? I just received my poptoys clothing and the headsculpt sits very low onto the bd002 body, making it look like there isn't much of a neck when there's clothing on

Hey is your bruce head inserted all the way into the bd002 body? I just received my poptoys clothing and the headsculpt sits very low onto the bd002 body, making it look like there isn't much of a neck when there's clothing on
I forgot how mine sits. I stopped displaying it due to space and used the body on another figure. If it sits low, just use blu tack.

20230112_105659.jpg

20230112_104851.jpg

20230105_151530.jpg

did a little kit bash of Dx19 bruce head, worldbox at020 body and poptoys x36-b suit
results are okay, I don't think poptoys suit fits that well on the at020 body and should stick with the recommended coomodel bd002 body
I'm comparing it to my bd002 and poptoys tony stark and the suit looks way better on him thanks to the longer limbs, at020 is about 2 inches short in height and has shorter arm and legs
also hot toys headsculpt don't really sit on the at020 body because there isn't enough neck space to fit hot toys neck so any further pushing in risks damaging the hot toys headsculpt
only problem with poptoys on coomodel bd002 is that the neck peg is a bit deep so when you put on hot toys headsculpt he looks like he has no neck lol

Back