Hot Toys - DX16 / DX17 - The Phantom Menace - Darth Maul and Sith Speeder

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
B0CD6166-A173-463A-AC3B-99451626600D.jpgFinally playing around with Maul. The hands are a true ***** to put on. I wish the peg holes were much bigger for easy snap in and out. I just can’t get the any hands to stay on.
C517EF70-5FE4-4AF0-874F-670206E4C717.jpg

Just wanted to throw in a quick shot while on the road at work

IMG_20190915_203106.jpg

Can't wait to get it home for a closer look. Cool looking figure.

Have you pushed it together properly ? You know it comes apart in 2 pieces to re-enact when Obi-Wan cut it in 2 pieces ?

Yes, I made sure. It’s the female half of the saber that’s crooked ): I guess it’s not so bad at a viewing distance, but I’m wondering if this is common for everyone else upon closer inspection.

Someone on reddit had the same issue, and another even got a whole replacement figure and it still had the same problem on all the sabers.

View attachment 466301Finally playing around with Maul. The hands are a true ***** to put on. I wish the peg holes were much bigger for easy snap in and out. I just can’t get the any hands to stay on.

Remove those pleather wrappings which cover the peg holes on both hands. I have no idea what the hell are those things and what their purposes are, but Im 100% positive it is some kind of joke from Hot Toys that mentally challenge us collectors to some degree... "you are not worthy to our toys if you couldnt figure out the way to fix the godamn gloves" .

Remove those pleather wrappings which cover the peg holes on both hands. I have no idea what the hell are those things and what their purposes are, but Im 100% positive it is some kind of joke from Hot Toys that mentally challenge us collectors to some degree... "you are not worthy to our toys if you couldnt figure out the way to fix the godamn gloves" .

I would say they are to cover any unsightly wrist joints between glove and gauntlet when articulated. i.e to make the glove look like one piece.

If they didn't do it people would complain how bad the gap between glove and gauntlet looks. Lose-lose situation for HT.

Overall it has always been a hassle when it comes to HT wrist pegs and hands. Its almost a celebration when your actually have them snap in. The pegs and holes are so tiny and feels cheap for such a expensive product. I remember my SS Commander Cody and how the pegs and slots where big which made the experience of switching hands not even a thought. Mauls wrist connection is a 0/10 for me.

8149b008-a4e3-45ae-a4ce-96fd3bd71fc6.jpge676228f-38ba-44ce-9bef-3963aec016ae.jpgb337dd82-b5b6-445d-8824-3b0952d9ecd0.jpg9ff53338-5108-4fba-a38c-b43d8ade6b3c.jpg

Man, he is a joy. So nicely executed. I love how they did the neck, with magnets. Also, his headsculpts are amazing. I know some people enjoy sideshow's more, but I couldn't be happier with him. I'd give him 9/10 , because the hood is indeed too unsophisticated. I hope someone else does his hood justice eventually.

Other criticism I have is that his arms aren't that flexible, so he can't do many realistic poses holding them up.

Other than that, even the box is gorgeous. Its the first box that I would consider using as a poster

Overall it has always been a hassle when it comes to HT wrist pegs and hands. Its almost a celebration when your actually have them snap in. The pegs and holes are so tiny and feels cheap for such a expensive product. I remember my SS Commander Cody and how the pegs and slots where big which made the experience of switching hands not even a thought. Mauls wrist connection is a 0/10 for me.

Totally a celebration !!! ........and I thought it was just me.

I've noticed that on the latest Stormtrooper...looks more laser etched than engraved.

I picked my Maul (Regular Version) on Wednesday but only opened him yesterday. He is so overwhelming with accessories and pose options. Its funny as collectors we might purchase a figure with next to nothing and we will say “That’s it!!” as opposed to others which are fully loaded and you say “OMG where do I start”!! I basically spend 10am to 4pm with Maul yesterday. Just a 40+ year old guy enjoying his love for collecting. It was fantastic.

Side note: This is my first HT of 2019 and I was done exhausted after shooting my Youtube review. Almost to a point that I was tired of looking at Maul and the mess I made with all his accessories scattered everywhere that I just wanted to go watch TV. Then I started thinking about those YouTubers that get almost every figure that’s released and review them. I guess I have to give them props and tip my hat to them as it is must be exhausting. I wonder if it takes the passion out of collecting.

I picked my Maul (Regular Version) on Wednesday but only opened him yesterday. He is so overwhelming with accessories and pose options. Its funny as collectors we might purchase a figure with next to nothing and we will say “That’s it!!” as opposed to others which are fully loaded and you say “OMG where do I start”!! I basically spend 10am to 4pm with Maul yesterday. Just a 40+ year old guy enjoying his love for collecting. It was fantastic.

Yeah I had that same, totally loaded, where do I start feeling :lol

It is great when you feel I still love this hobby so much. No matter what others may think these high end figures are just awesome !

Back