Hot Toys DX15 Captain Jack Sparrow (Dead Men Tell No Tales)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, that's amazing! He looks real. I'd really like to get my Jack Sparrow to look as awesome, but I'm lacking in that type of serious talent.

Last edited:
0pBW9e2.jpg

WCt6IhU.jpg

aPoGjy0.jpg

VnRvCv1.jpg

SnYszH4.jpg

GeWuR0E.jpg

mEGqP81.jpg

GtCPDYx.jpg

Well finally after a couple of years of debating, I finally purchased one of these bad boys! Even got one that already had the DX06 hat included. Can't wait for him to arrive so I can start work on a diorama for him.

I ordered some more parts for mine, DX06 hair and faces and also snagged some MM42 furs, while they are plastic and there’s a coolness about the faux fur DX, the DX pieces are just so big, I wanted something in proper scale.

MMS42, that’s the Hot Toys At World’s End Jack Sparrow figure. Back the. The first on his belt were made of plastic but the correct scale to the figure.

Quite old, I’ve owned every Hot Toys Jack Sparrow at one point. I keep a watch for parts and someone recently parted out the whole figure and the furs were a decent price so I grabbed them. The faux fur looks cool for what it’s made of, but I never liked how huge they look on the figure, especially compared to the movie. At this point, the only significant piece I’m after is the MMS42 hat, given a chance to grab that I’d like to.

Yeah I've seen a lot of your pics you've posted through out this thread. I must say, I wish I had that kind of talent! Your toy photography pics are amazing! You can definitely see that you are very passionate about the character! I'm not sure how much modding I will do to my figure when he arrives. I just hope I can create a diorama half as good as some that I've seen posted in here!

Can?t wait to see what you come up with. I wish I had diorama talents.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah I've seen a lot of your pics you've posted through out this thread. I must say, I wish I had that kind of talent! Your toy photography pics are amazing! You can definitely see that you are very passionate about the character! I'm not sure how much modding I will do to my figure when he arrives. I just hope I can create a diorama half as good as some that I've seen posted in here!

Thank you, Jack is one of my most favorite characters and unfortunately no one figure of him that’s come out has had every detail done well, but a combination of pieces from them all can work.

All depends on personal preference. I painted my coat for a proper color, otherwise that’s the only thing I modified about my DX15, the rest was adding parts from other figures. I am using hands from DX06 because there were more gestures and I’m not crazy about the finger tattoos. I got a Medicom hat and painted it like his hat looked in Curse. Now I have fur tails coming from the MMS Jack and the DX06 smirking face coming. While the serious DX15 face is unquestionably the best Jack Sparrow portrait to date, smirking feels more Jack to me than looking serious and the DX06 smirk face looks much better than the DX15 smirk which looks creepy most of the time to me.

Yeah I'm waiting on a figure to sell on here and then I'm going to purchase the DX06 smirking face, hands, and the stand(since all I have for display cases are Detolfs). Unfortunately I'm not good with painting so I guess the stock clothes will have to do.

Finally got around to making a custom dock/ship deck for my Jack Sparrow. Even went as using small nails on the boards.
20200710_112444-01.jpg
20200831_152304-01.jpg

Back