Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
View attachment 506417

Got this bad boy on Tuesday and finally had a chance to look at it this morning. Absolutely amazing! Can't wait to get him out and start posing him. Unfortunately I'm in a bedroom remodel and all my figures are boxed up. :gah:

Congrats!! :clap

Fantastic figure, for sure. And that box looks minty-fresh! Wow.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Congrats on the acquisition Darth KirBayBey, didn't expect you to get it so fast.

Rzeznikk's displays are incredible for all of his figures. He really puts in the work to showcase each one.

There was another guy here some years ago who, to my serious envy, made the portion of the Steel Mill where the T-800 gets his hand stuck in the gear machinery. It's a scene I've always wished I could display and even had a figure ready for it if the opportunity ever arose. Alas I kind of gave up on that dream and decommissioned the figure - stored it away. I've reduced my displayed Terminator collection from what it used to be.

No one ask for pics, I still don't have proper shelves so it's a mess, as ever. :rolleyes2

Thanks! Yeah a fellow Freak hit he up when we were all talking about it. I sold some things to pay for it, and now I have this masterpiece in my collection!

Yeah, Rzeznikk's dioramas are phenomenal! He's the reason why I've somewhat downsized my collection in order to showcase each figure. Although I'm no where close on deciding how to to that. Lol

Congrats!! :clap

Fantastic figure, for sure. And that box looks minty-fresh! Wow.

Looking forward to seeing some pics.

Thanks! H**l yeah it is. I was really shocked how amazingly well kept this figure was. I'm actually not even sure he was ever displayed. I know the majority of his accessories were never removed. I was told by the seller that this one was his spare. His other one was the exclusive version. I'll definitely take some pics when I'm able to!

Congrats Darth, the figure still looks good even today.

Whatever you do, DO NOT touch the belt, don't adjust it, don't even look at it funny!

Congrats Darth, the figure still looks good even today.

Whatever you do, DO NOT touch the belt, don't adjust it, don't even look at it funny!

Thanks Jay!

Lol. Yeah, that's the one thing I'm kinda worried about. Thought about using 303 aerospace on it to see if that will help prolong the life of all his pleather goods

Thanks Jay!

Lol. Yeah, that's the one thing I'm kinda worried about. Thought about using 303 aerospace on it to see if that will help prolong the life of all his pleather goods

It's only the belt that you need to worry about, the rest of the outfit is made from a thicker PVC-like material like the MMS117 and holds up well. The DX10 however is made from real leather but I'm not a fan due to how thick it looks on the figure.

It's only the belt that you need to worry about, the rest of the outfit is made from a thicker PVC-like material like the MMS117 and holds up well. The DX10 however is made from real leather but I'm not a fan due to how thick it looks on the figure.

The belt is definitely going to get treated with it!

The belt situation really sucks. It's not safe to do any body switching or anything like that anymore. Even a belt that appears to look fine can instantly wither and degrade if you try to remove it. I've learned this the hard way. I couldn't now restore all my previous T-800 variants to full display condition even I wanted to because I destroyed the belts.

The belt situation really sucks. It's not safe to do any body switching or anything like that anymore. Even a belt that appears to look fine can instantly wither and degrade if you try to remove it. I've learned this the hard way. I couldn't now restore all my previous T-800 variants to full display condition even I wanted to because I destroyed the belts.

So, would even trying to treat the belt help it out or make it worse? And does the belt have velcro in the back or is it actually buckle?

It doesn't have velcro, it functions in the exact way a real belt does. As for treating it, I don't know, I've never personally tried it with any of my figures.

Darth, you can't treat the belt, no matter how good it looks. As a-Dev said, the second you touch it it will turn to dust. It sucks, but that's how it goes with all T2 figures. I would just let it go and not be too bothered by it, especially with all the good aspects the figure has going for it.

It doesn't have velcro, it functions in the exact way a real belt does. As for treating it, I don't know, I've never personally tried it with any of my figures.

Has anyone ever tried making a better custom belt that will last longer? I've seen so many custom Indy belts made.

Darth, you can't treat the belt, no matter how good it looks. As a-Dev said, the second you touch it it will turn to dust. It sucks, but that's how it goes with all T2 figures. I would just let it go and not be too bothered by it, especially with all the good aspects the figure has going for it.

Well that's unfortunate! I was hoping that by using the 303 Aerospace, it would prolong the deterioration process. I'm trying not to worry but since I was able to purchase a mint figure, I want to keep him that way as long as possible.

(Quickly runs to check the belts on my T-800 figures...)

Ok, all of mine look ok but I haven't touched them since they were initially posed and placed in their Detolfs.

I did pick up a belt from Ebay a few months ago as a safety precaution. It's not an exact match but considering that the belt is mostly out of view, covered by the jacket, on some of the figures, it won't be a distraction.

(Quickly runs to check the belts on my T-800 figures...)

Ok, all of mine look ok but I haven't touched them since they were initially posed and placed in their Detolfs.

I did pick up a belt from Ebay a few months ago as a safety precaution. It's not an exact match but considering that the belt is mostly out of view, covered by the jacket, on some of the figures, it won't be a distraction.

:rotfl

Everyone is making me paranoid about this bloody belt! Lol. I definitely won't look at it wrong! :gah:

I might try the eBay route and try to track down a suitable replacement if it comes to that.

I too had my belt deteriorate recently.

I normally rotate the DX10 and DX13 in and out of the display every 6 months or so, and as soon as I opened the DX13 box I noticed it. :(

:rotfl

Everyone is making me paranoid about this bloody belt! Lol. I definitely won't look at it wrong! :gah:

I might try the eBay route and try to track down a suitable replacement if it comes to that.

Well, assuming the belt looks fine right now, just don't mess with it. Forget about changing pants or doing body swaps.

But it would be nice for us all to have a contingency option. If anyone's in contact with these customisers who only ever seem to work on the superhero genres maybe put the word out. They'd make some money on it I would think.

Back