Hot Toys - DX13 - T2: T-800 (Battle-Damaged Version) 1/6-scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
DX13 is still the best representation of Arnie in 1/6 form. Not bad for a 12 year old figure! :impatient:
I agree. 12 years...should't be...but until Hot toys does a new one or Mars steps out....it is. The Headsculpt really holds up today.

I am someone without the DX13, and very honest as an be about these things, it's still the best out there.

The heads make or break characters.

Do you have insider knowledge that you base this on? From our point of view, Hot Toys also had Batman/DC "locked down" until InArt came along. And Asmus had LOTR locked down, beating ACI years ago when there could be only one.
It makes total sense when you think about it. Even if Hot Toys, at one time, had a worldwide exclusive license for a given property, that license wouldn't be forever. They wouldn't be able to just sit on it in perpetuity. While it's possible they just continuously outbid other companies for such a license every time the term expires, therefore "locking it down," ultimately it is at the discretion of the IP holder who they sell a license to and what the terms are (such as length and exclusivity). So if HT has truly been sitting on a worldwide exclusive license for Terminator for years without creating any product, it would seem the IP holders are the ones to blame for issuing such a license.

At the end of the day, the "HT buys up licenses to prevent other companies from having them" thing is pure speculation.

It makes total sense when you think about it. Even if Hot Toys, at one time, had a worldwide exclusive license for a given property, that license wouldn't be forever. They wouldn't be able to just sit on it in perpetuity. While it's possible they just continuously outbid other companies for such a license every time the term expires, therefore "locking it down," ultimately it is at the discretion of the IP holder who they sell a license to and what the terms are (such as length and exclusivity). So if HT has truly been sitting on a worldwide exclusive license for Terminator for years without creating any product, it would seem the IP holders are the ones to blame for issuing such a license.

At the end of the day, the "HT buys up licenses to prevent other companies from having them" thing is pure speculation.
Exactly. Licensing out your IP is just a business like anything else.
If a company, say InArt, comes along with a strong business case and/or the person or team in charge likes what they are aiming to do, things can change quickly.
And aside from the monetary gain of a contract, actually getting products out there and the resulting continued exposure to your IP, potentially even to newer and younger audiences, has brand and marketing value that HT hasn't given them in a long time (assuming they even still have the license).

If a 3rd party company makes a Galleria T-800 that actually improves on the DX10, I'll happily buy one. But so far I haven't seen any improvements over HT's efforts by these companies.

Same. Terminator third party of late has just been ''make a thing available again'' releases. Whereas DC fans are getting - also unlicensed - but legitimately original and high quality figures with great likenesses from Mars Toys....at least for however long they can get away with doing so.

Aside from the headsculpt, a proper Arnie neck is just as important. And the body proportions need a serious upgrade as well.

Agreed. Those old Hot Toys muscle bodies with their awkwardly rigid and under-detailed barrel necks just don't cut it anymore. And any custom Arnie head I ever see is hampered by having to be plopped on top of those necks. Something always looks off - the head posture looks unnatural, there's gaps and/or the jaw of the sculpt has to be cut in an ugly, likeness-reducing way to fit on the neck.

I would not be content if Hot Toys brought out new figures but were just using those same old bodies. Arnie's neck and body size and shape are important. I think his figures deserve the obsessive attention that fecking Ledger Joker keeps getting. He's been an icon for much longer.

Last edited:
I would not be content if Hot Toys brought out new figures but were just using those same old bodies. Arnie's neck and body size and shape are important. I think his figures deserve the obsessive attention that fecking Ledger Joker keeps getting. He's been an icon for much longer.
Fully agreed. I feel InArt (and recently JND, but they are out of my spending comfort zone) pay more attention to details like this than HT do, so I really hope they get the license.

Meh... Just checked my spare body for this one and the belt has started to fall apart. The others are in good condition. Whats people go to replacement?

Back