Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does anyone know where you can get replacement pers eyeballs?

I bought a dx09 with broken pers but whoever had it before must have tried to poke the eyes out and scratched the eyeballs, other than that its absolutely mint which is weird. I have replaced the scratched eyes with ones from a dx12 cowl which has worked perfectly but they are brown and they should be blue like Keatons.
They don't sell replacement eyeballs anywhere on their own. Your best option is to buy a replacement head with pers and use those.

Yeah not the best option as they are about as much as I paid for the figure.
Who knows, maybe you’ll get lucky and HT actually releases the figure they teased at comic con with the church tower base. So whenever that comes out, you’ll be able to find a replacement cowl for cheaper

Seeing that Hot Toys is in no hurry to talk about the re-release so it could be years out if it comes out at all, I decided to pull the trigger on one I saw on ebay. I had been searching for one for months before the announcement of a re-release but the prices were too high. I decided that I'd just wait on a re-release but the prices have gone down since so I snapped it up at a decent price.

I'm probably not going to bother messing with the PERS for fear of it breaking and am thinking of getting a custom cape for him as well as soon as I settle on which one.

Outside of PERS, poor articulation and perhaps investing in a custom cape, is there any other idiosyncrasies I should know about?

Outside of PERS, poor articulation and perhaps investing in a custom cape, is there any other idiosyncrasies I should know about?
I’d be curious for a ‘state of the union’ about this fig as well. As someone who recently decided that he’s probably going to need one of these, I’m a little unsure if how to play it. Wait for a reissue? A 3rd party knockoff? Chase down an original release? How would you all proceed? I’m not the most plugged in to the current state of the hobby.

Maybe they’re waiting this summer and the upcoming Flash movie to reissue it… and globally Keaton’s stuff like the Batcave or 1/12 Batwing…
Or nothing will see the light of day…
Nothing certain with Hot Toys…

I’d be curious for a ‘state of the union’ about this fig as well. As someone who recently decided that he’s probably going to need one of these, I’m a little unsure if how to play it. Wait for a reissue? A 3rd party knockoff? Chase down an original release? How would you all proceed? I’m not the most plugged in to the current state of the hobby.
Buying the original at this stage is tricky, you can't be sure the conditions under which it was kept by the seller, so you don't know how the rubber suit will fair over time.

The original I purchased online is currently on it's way to me, so I'll let you know how I fared when I get him. :)

If you do go for an original, take a close look at the pictures, ask a lot of questions...about the suit's condition, does the cape have any flaking, how the PERS are holding up, etc. If it's a highly rated seller, I'd feel more comfortable with what they are telling me.

I went with buying an original because I didn't want to wait years to get a new version. Even if they put it up for preorder to coincide with the Flash movie, that will be in 6 months and it'll probably be a year or two after that before he comes out.

I figure that by the time a new one gets here, I could probably sell the original close enough to the price that it would pay for itself if I got the reissue...or more likely, I'll keep both if they have different accessories. 😅

I bought mine a week before the 2.0 with the bat computers was spotted, so yeah kinda felt like an idiot for not waiting a week. Luckily mine is in super good condition, even the cape was fine. One of his arms was broken though. It's still in place but i can tell it's come off at the elbow :/

I bought mine a week before the 2.0 with the bat computers was spotted, so yeah kinda felt like an idiot for not waiting a week. Luckily mine is in super good condition, even the cape was fine. One of his arms was broken though. It's still in place but i can tell it's come off at the elbow :/
Ah, at least it seems like you've been enjoying your time owning him. Also, who knows when and if the re-release will see the time of day.

I paid $400 for mine. No regrets unless it's not as described. lol

It's the cheapest I've seen a complete set go for here in the states since I started looking in early 2022. It's always a risk with collectibles because they could release a Flash trailer next week, which could drive up DX09 demand so once I saw the opportunity, I decided to take it.

Speaking of, the delivery went from still in the place of origin, to getting delivered today!

GzHM5AG.jpg

Last edited:
Ah, at least it seems like you've been enjoying your time owning him. Also, who knows when and if the re-release will see the time of day.

I paid $400 for mine. No regrets unless it's not as described. lol

It's the cheapest I've seen a complete set go for here in the states since I started looking in early 2022. It's always a risk with collectibles because they could release a Flash trailer next week, which could drive up DX09 demand so once I saw the opportunity, I decided to take it.

Speaking of, the delivery went from still in the place of origin, to getting delivered today!

GzHM5AG.jpg
Nice! Yeah I'm loving him, just a disappointment about the broken elbow. Idk how to fix that. I would have to like rip apart the suit to get into there and I'm just not gonna bother with that.

Nice! Yeah I'm loving him, just a disappointment about the broken elbow. Idk how to fix that. I would have to like rip apart the suit to get into there and I'm just not gonna bother with that.

Can't say I blame you. At least with this figure, a broken elbow means you've only lost like 5% poseability. :p

So it came in and...some regrets...maybe?

The figure itself is in excellent condition as promised. The rubber suit feels like it hasn't had any degradation whatsoever and neither does the stock cape. The only issue with it is that one of the arms won't stay bent and bounces back to the straight position. I saw some older reviews on YT where some people had that issue out of the box back when it released so I'm not too concerned about it. I didn't even futz with it too much to see if I can get it to stay.

Any major issues? Well, the figure was supposed to be complete, but it's missing the cape poles, grapnel gun and hook, as well as the clip to attach it to his belt. It was hard to tell in his photos of the clamshell with the plastic still over it, but now that I know what I'm looking at, it's missing from from the clamshell in his photos as well.

I messaged them and they apologized profusely and said that if it wasn't in the box, he knows he definitely has them and is going to look for them. The figure and the other accessories were clearly well cared for so I don't doubt he just didn't realize he didn't have them in the box.

The cape poles I will never use, but would want them to have a complete figure as promised but more importantly I'm hoping he has the other accessories because Batman without his grapnel gun is a bummer.

I have buyer protection so I'm less concerned from that standpoint, but I would much rather keep the figure after seeing how well maintained it was. Here's some pics.

PYSZ5Zf.jpg

3S6XU7K.jpg
This is with little to no futzing. I just put him in my display that way because I can't really spend a lot of time at the moment getting him looking how I want him.
Overall, I'm really happy with the figure...he looks awesome.

REALLY hoping the buyer ends up finding the missing pieces.

It's a pity InArt can't be convinced to dabble in older licences like this one. Getting really tired of waiting for the Hot Toys 2.0. Must be over 6 months since they teased one and still nothing.

Complete radio silence. With InArt and even third party companies like Mars Toys we get occasional updates via their socials or someone like John appearing in streams.

The re-issue with new base could be part of the WB anniversary or Flash tie in, but it would be hard to digest a lazy re-release of both Begins and 89 when Bane gets an entirely reworked figure.

Can't say I blame you. At least with this figure, a broken elbow means you've only lost like 5% poseability. :p

So it came in and...some regrets...maybe?

The figure itself is in excellent condition as promised. The rubber suit feels like it hasn't had any degradation whatsoever and neither does the stock cape. The only issue with it is that one of the arms won't stay bent and bounces back to the straight position. I saw some older reviews on YT where some people had that issue out of the box back when it released so I'm not too concerned about it. I didn't even futz with it too much to see if I can get it to stay.

Any major issues? Well, the figure was supposed to be complete, but it's missing the cape poles, grapnel gun and hook, as well as the clip to attach it to his belt. It was hard to tell in his photos of the clamshell with the plastic still over it, but now that I know what I'm looking at, it's missing from from the clamshell in his photos as well.

I messaged them and they apologized profusely and said that if it wasn't in the box, he knows he definitely has them and is going to look for them. The figure and the other accessories were clearly well cared for so I don't doubt he just didn't realize he didn't have them in the box.

The cape poles I will never use, but would want them to have a complete figure as promised but more importantly I'm hoping he has the other accessories because Batman without his grapnel gun is a bummer.

I have buyer protection so I'm less concerned from that standpoint, but I would much rather keep the figure after seeing how well maintained it was. Here's some pics.

PYSZ5Zf.jpg

3S6XU7K.jpg
This is with little to no futzing. I just put him in my display that way because I can't really spend a lot of time at the moment getting him looking how I want him.
Overall, I'm really happy with the figure...he looks awesome.

REALLY hoping the buyer ends up finding the missing pieces.
Honestly people hate on the cape but some people have taken some great pics with it with some proper futzing. Is that the DX08 standing next to him or the mars toys?

Bought mine in 2013 for 180€ new in box. It was my first HT and 1/6 figure. Thought it was expensive but was completely blown away when I opened it for the first time.
Still my favorite figure and still think it’s a wonderful representation of Michael Keaton in the suit.
Quickly bought a Tony Meis cape.
7CB67527-B65D-4562-A90E-902B2B545BC3.jpeg

For my BD custom, went for the stock cape route.
I de-lined and de-wired the cape and gently ironed it.
A huge improvement IMO vs out of the box.
F9FDD493-75D9-4B1B-A55B-74CEDF499719.jpeg

Bought mine in 2013 for 180€ new in box. It was my first HT and 1/6 figure. Thought it was expensive but was completely blown away when I opened it for the first time.
Still my favorite figure and still think it’s a wonderful representation of Michael Keaton in the suit.
Quickly bought a Tony Meis cape.
View attachment 619550

For my BD custom, went for the stock cape route.
I de-lined and de-wired the cape and gently ironed it.
A huge improvement IMO vs out of the box.
View attachment 619551
straight out of the movie, love the battle damaged

Back