Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hot Toys is reissuing the figure with a dio base, so why bother with the old version that has sat on the shelf for 14 years?

Hot Toys is reissuing the figure with a dio base, so why bother with the old version that has sat on the shelf for 14 years?
I guess a lot of people either aren't aware of a new one coming, or don't want to wait.

Either way you're right it'll probably almost crumble in your hands upon opening. Especially those plastic joints must be getting brittle after that amount of time.

Agreed. Hopefully we will see improvements to the new figure. The cape was terrible and the articulation was extremely limited. If not for the nostalgia, I think collectors would have been more critical of the original release.

Agreed. Hopefully we will see improvements to the new figure. The cape was terrible and the articulation was extremely limited. If not for the nostalgia, I think collectors would have been more critical of the original release.
I still think the figure holds up pretty well. Face sculpt is still great, bad PERS, bad articulation but i still love the figure. I still think the suit looks fine and it still looks like the keaton batman. (Yeah it shouldn't be rubber) But there are other figures that have aged far worse. No question though that the DX08 is the better figure of the two, and has aged far better. I can't find any faults with that one, except maybe that his head is a little too skinny.

Why wouldn’t someone pick the warehouse find up. There is no guarantee that hot toys rereleases this. Just because it says coming soon doesn’t mean anything.

Look at general Kenobi.

To each his own, and you may be right. I guess it depends on how badly you want the figure. I personally don't think DX09 is worth it, but that's just my opinion.

To each his own, and you may be right. I guess it depends on how badly you want the figure. I personally don't think DX09 is worth it, but that's just my opinion.
Until HT officially puts a revamped version up for pre-order, it’s the best 1/6 89 Keaton, and any rerelease certainly won’t be at the sub-$300 price the original was.

I was lucky to pick up the 89 Joker back in the day for a great price considering.

I missed the first 89 release and I hope there is a rerelease, but I’m not holding my breath. Hot Toys has teased me enough over the years, that I’ll believe it when I see it up for preorder.

There is a popular notion that the DX09 will be getting a reissue but there's just no indication that's happening, keep in mind that Hot Toys is notorious for putting up figures at cons that are not for production, it's really nothing new if you've been following them since day one. It's more than likely it was just an old figure taken out to juxtapose with the (currently not for sale) Batcave diorama.

Wow.
I don’t think Iv heard many collectors complain about the dx 09 that much. It’s one of hot toys stand out figures-albeit it can’t hold a dynamic marvel style action pose & the stock cape is the usual for hot toys but for screen accuracy straight out the box this figure does not need any customising.
It’s straight up 89 batman.
Do you have it, have you ever had it, because it sounds like you ain’t.
It’s literally one of the most realised hot toys releases, it’s undeniably Keaton from every aspect the suit , mouthplates & eyes.
The body suit is exactly how it looks onscreen texture & all.
It may not hold a pose but its without a doubt a pinnacle of hot toys.
You mention the cape-what hot toys comes with a decent cape?
We always have to reach out for a customiser for a decent cape no matter what the figure & still years on from the dx 09 that’s the same along all hot toys lines & that’s the only thing it needs & there are plenty of places to get a cape for it- tony meis, jaxon , unrealtoys, & I can’t think of a single release from hot toys since they started, that straight out the box is as perfect as this.
“If not for nostalgia” why are you collecting if not for that reason?
Just Wow

Last edited:
Wow.
I don’t think Iv heard many collectors complain about the dx 09 that much. It’s one of hot toys stand out figures-albeit it can’t hold a action pose & the stock cape is the usual for hot toys but for screen accuracy straight out the box this figure does not need any customising.
It’s straight up 89 batman.
Do you have it, have you ever had it, because it sounds like you ain’t.
It’s literally one of the most realised hot toys releases, it’s undeniably Keaton from the mouthplates & eyes.
The body suit is exactly how it looks onscreen texture & all.
It may not hold a pose but its without a doubt a pinnacle of hot toys.
You mention the cape-what hot toys comes with a decent cape?
We always have to reach out for a customiser for a decent cape still years on from the dx 09 & that’s the only thing it needs but I can’t think of a single release from hot toys since they started, that straight out the box is as perfect as this.
“If not for nostalgia” why are you collecting if not for that reason?
Wow
It’s a great figure still, and a standout for its time, but it’s not perfect. You just mentioned that you agree the cape isn’t the best and third-party vendors had to step in. The eye system often broke, mouth pieces weren’t always flush, and, yeah, he could really only just stand there.

As a statue piece, it’s still gorgeous, but we’ve made strides in 10 years. Better materials, better bodies, better engineering. Keaton is front of the line for many for a 2.0 release.

The original figure is a classic, but many here would jump at an improved version, myself included.

It's just my opinion. Yes, I owned the DX09. It was my first Hot Toys figure. I am glad that you like it so much. I'm even more glad that we are free to have different likes and dislikes.

I’m
It’s a great figure still, and a standout for its time, but it’s not perfect. You just mentioned that you agree the cape isn’t the best and third-party vendors had to step in. The eye system often broke, mouth pieces weren’t always flush, and, yeah, he could really only just stand there.

As a statue piece, it’s still gorgeous, but we’ve made strides in 10 years. Better materials, better bodies, better engineering. Keaton is front of the line for many for a 2.0 release.

The original figure is a classic, but many here would jump at an improved version, myself included.
What figure is perfect.
I agree though I would like to see a 2.0 but I’m sure all that’s goin to be is the slightly taller scale & ratcheted joints. Your still going to be buying a custom cape for it & don’t agree that hot toys have made strides.
Some figures are a step back some a step forward

0087A5CB-E4D1-4DF0-9605-9FC14455B2B1.jpeg

Back