Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it really wouldn’t surprise me, but again, I think he never intended to reissue it. IMO, he just wanted to save face with the dx09 announcement, and then have it go away quietly. If he can somehow punish others for what he may perceive as “disloyalty” in the process, it’s probably just a benefit. @medicomsucks made the point earlier that Howard doesn’t care about money, but I truly believe it’s all about his ego. At least to me, that’s what explains some of HT’s odd behavior.

Unfortunately, he’s also jerking around all of his distributors and potential customers. I’m sure the people at sideshow have to be tired of this too - they’re the ones who have to deal with the calls and emails about it.

Doll Nazi:

"NO DX09 FOR YOU!!"

***cue Seinfeld theme***
Seinfeld Soup GIF

Until eventually there comes a third party, to save the day and "make their own" bootleg soup Batman.

as well as the missing Catwoman, SW Andor, Bespin Han, etc... any missing figures.

Last edited:
Probably waiting for the flash trailer to drop

View attachment 622541
Looks great.
Posted in the Batwing thread but worth repeating here.
That's pretty slick, too bad this whole KeatonReturns is attached to the Flash flik.
76p62r.jpg

I honestly think there would be more interest and respect for old-man DarKeaton Returns Batman , if they detached it from the Flash movie, and developed what they could as it's own thing.
Somehow extricate and salvage his scenes as their own stand alone mini-episode, released similar to a Marvel/D+ streaming "Special Edition" featurette, and made it genuinely about continuing Burton's Batman legacy.

76p70q.gif

76pi9u.gif

76pebh.gif

Further it's a shame DisMar snagged Pfeiffer, while WB as usual completely asleep at the wheel (or busy reinventing their wheel ...

Last edited:
7b99ma.gif

7b9a3q.gif
7b9zzc.gif

:Looks like it comes with the same:
7b980e.jpg

Have to say the 89 batgadgets were some gorgeous engineering.
Though I wish the unique clip & rotating system along the belt "track", was better showcased.
7b9usr.gif

73785a8d7d815d451c7aa0e53b553b4d.gif

And they added the atachment Bolas launcher, ...
7ba0ml.gif

0a2a9cd6904f8815f5980e717909bb46.gif

and larger unfolding cathedral grapnel ...
7ba2ix.gif

f1a6d24c8e69aa802283d746fa5e3e60.gif

(and concept tranq-dart gun attachment)?
0b600151a42a143c085af739a3963876.gif

Last edited:
If they did a Burton/Keaton era armory? What do people prefer

The Vault?
7n3dl8.gif

23c1a1d6c0aaa6c00e67af71e47e72e0.jpg

c0048fcd479055a94de40e36d3949633.jpg

Or the Draw Bridge?
7n3cjq.gif

7n3czb.gif

ad2e1151e2d5ac9ff3cf8d1ed5e811a4.jpg

Last edited:
Do we have any definitive information on whether this is just a reissue or if this will be mostly a new re-design? I own the DX09 and don't want to double dip unless there are significant improvements to the original. I saw this pic about the "refined cowl", but I honestly can't see a difference between the new release and the DX09. I saw this in the description also, "newly developed Batman head . . .; newly designed Batsuit to mimic the material appearance . . ." The cape looks to be improved/different also but not highlighted or mentioned. I never had any complaints with the DX09 version except for the cape which I have replaced with Jaxon's. Are there changes that I'm just not seeing?

Definitely picking up the Flash version. I missed the Returns Batman so that's the one I'm hoping will be reissued, but I am not optimistic that it will be considering how close to the Flash version it is. Then again, HT certainly doesn't mind churning out the Iron Man suits with minimal differences. Guess it's always possible.

batman-deluxe-version_dc-comics_gallery_63ee74a44e428.jpg
f8ef68132cc635980570307893185859.jpg

Do we have any definitive information on whether this is just a reissue or if this will be mostly a new re-design? I own the DX09 and don't want to double dip unless there are significant improvements to the original. I saw this pic about the "refined cowl", but I honestly can't see a difference between the new release and the DX09. I saw this in the description also, "newly developed Batman head . . .; newly designed Batsuit to mimic the material appearance . . ." The cape looks to be improved/different also but not highlighted or mentioned. I never had any complaints with the DX09 version except for the cape which I have replaced with Jaxon's. Are there changes that I'm just not seeing?

Definitely picking up the Flash version. I missed the Returns Batman so that's the one I'm hoping will be reissued, but I am not optimistic that it will be considering how close to the Flash version it is. Then again, HT certainly doesn't mind churning out the Iron Man suits with minimal differences. Guess it's always possible.

batman-deluxe-version_dc-comics_gallery_63ee74a44e428.jpg
f8ef68132cc635980570307893185859.jpg
Well if you can't see the differences you're probably good sticking with your DX09 🤣

The cowl and mouths are completely new - but the body from there down looks identical; if it has a new body with ratcheted joints underneath the suit that would be a huge improvement but we won't know that until the figure releases and people have it in-hand. The cape is also all-new and appears much improved but as you said you've already picked up a 3rd party option so you're good there.

Back