Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To the people who own this figure since its release, how the suit holding up ? I mean, with all this rubber/pleather. Still afraid to buy it because of it. I hate when suits deteriorate.

Personally I live in Europe (France). The climate is very temperate. All my figures are boxed since the birth of my son but I often checked them and they are still in mint condition, like day 1 in 2013.
Checked yesterday my DX08 and it’s perfect.

Honestly people hate on the cape but some people have taken some great pics with it with some proper futzing. Is that the DX08 standing next to him or the mars toys?
Yea, I can tell that I can make it look better if I keep working at it. I'm still probably going to get a custom cape, but this one will do while I wait.

As far as the Joker, it's the Mars Toys version. I haven't futzed around with it all the way since I'm waiting until I get the pieces I'm missing from the DX09. I get that the DX08 is superior, but this version does the job well enough for me.
ELVx6Mc.jpg

I'm trying to do a Batman through the ages kind of display with Keaton, Bale, and ultimately Robert Pattinson. So far I have Two Face, a Kitbashed Bane and have the INART Joker on PO, with Conundrum Man on the way.

Update on the DX09 accessories I'm missing: The seller said he recently moved and both him and his wife are going through boxes to find it. He seems confident that he has it, and that it's a matter of finding the right box. I hope so!

Last edited:
Bought mine in 2013 for 180€ new in box. It was my first HT and 1/6 figure. Thought it was expensive but was completely blown away when I opened it for the first time.
Still my favorite figure and still think it’s a wonderful representation of Michael Keaton in the suit.
Quickly bought a Tony Meis cape.
View attachment 619550

For my BD custom, went for the stock cape route.
I de-lined and de-wired the cape and gently ironed it.
A huge improvement IMO vs out of the box.
View attachment 619551
Looks awesome!
I'm not sure if I want to dewire my cape, but I bet ironing it would help flatten it out. What did you use in between the cape and the iron to protect it?

Last edited:
I thought really hard to do it but I may just leave it as is. I'm too scared I'll mess something up...especially since it's an older pleather cape. I'm getting a custom one anyway so it won't be long until I replace it.

I’m probably just getting too jaded from all of the disappointments with HT, but I don’t believe HT ever intended to re-release the dx09. It was their way of showing something at a major toy show and generating some excitement, without actually having anything to show and simultaneously avoiding appropriate criticism for phoning it in.

They also showed a batcave and a batwing that never materialized and pulled the same DKR armory out of mothballs from prior years. And then there was also the 2022 batmobile “artwork” they showed off, and delivered . . . . a motorcycle.

I don’t expect they’re now going to provide the keaton batman to everyone who purchased batwings or 89 batmobiles from jazzinc. Why? well, because Howard ;)

Hopefully, we’ll see innovative up-and-coming companies like inart tackle more batman stuff.

With the P1 set being so expensive, I really hope that HT releases this figure again, hopefully with some improvements and the church tower base shown at the Cons. It'll undoubtedly be more expensive than the original MSRP but still cheaper than buying the DX09 for aftermarket costs

Last edited:
But they've been leaving money on the table for a decade not doing a Michelle Pfeiffer Catwoman.

I really want a 2.0 of this and the Returns Batman but would never assume anything with Hot Toys!
Words to live by.

I mean, we got characters like Reva, Grand Inquisitor, and Kuiil up for pre-order long before Mace Windu and Padme. We got Venomized Iron Man, Concept Art Iron Strange, and Avengers Academy Spider-Man before countless other Marvel characters. We're getting two of the Eternal, but not the others. It's like throwing darts at a spinning board and seeing which figures to focus on next.

Maybe we'll get a Keaton re-release. I sure hope so. But who knows?

Do I sense a name change in your future?:LOL:
I think its time to finally reveal the origin of my name.

I was actually a big fan of medicom. the kubricks, the RAH star wars line even though they were too small. One day I was looking at my medi darth maul who was sitting on the hasbro sith speeder and i noticed his hip was broken, even though I hadnt touched it in months.

I think its just that particular body they used as I havent had problems with anything else. Thats the origin. :)

I don’t expect they’re now going to provide the keaton batman to everyone who purchased batwings or 89 batmobiles from jazzinc. Why? well, because Howard ;)
You’re right, he could be able to punish those who ordered Joost’s Batmobile and Batwing by canceling the DX09 reissue…

Back