Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
No, his appearance in Batgirl was relatively small compared to his still-upcoming appearance in Flash. The release date of the Flash probably has more bearing on this reissue's release than Batgirl does.
With Hot Toy's future release schedules in the years, there's plenty of time for a reissue. They'll probably put out this reissue leading up to the release of The Flash. And then a few months post-flash they'll start taking preorders for the suit from that movie.

(Personally I like the Returns suit better than the 89 suit or the upcoming Flash version, so I'm probably sitting both out.)

I hope hot toys does a reissue of the Returns suit.

Thought i'd share my little journey tonight. looks like my pers system broke, but "fixed" it. i dont thing its a bad mechanism, just poor materials. if they maybe used a stronger plastic with thicker hinges, or just make the pieces out of metal. i think that would be incredible on fixing the issue of these things breaking so easily. from the whole piece cracking or an eye piece snapping because of excessive force.

IMG_5726.jpg
IMG_5727.jpg
IMG_5729.jpg
IMG_5730.jpg
IMG_5733.jpg
IMG_5731.jpg
IMG_5732.jpg
IMG_5734.jpg
IMG_5735.jpg
IMG_5736.jpg
IMG_5739.jpg
IMG_5737.jpg

its really been bugging me as you can see on the top pictures i forgot to pad out his torso and abs while doing the body swap so ended up going back and doing just that by making an incision where the belt is and getting a piece of leather and gluing it together. needless to say, im really damn satisfied and i think i can finally stop modifying him. the handling feel is much better too. everytime i previously touched him, his suit would just warp in because it was empty around the torso, but now its nice and full, giving a better a fuller feeling while holding him.

IMG_5741.jpg
IMG_5740.jpg
IMG_5742.jpg
IMG_5743.jpg

PS. I did beef out his crotch too, there was some necessary padding that was needed down there too

Last edited:
Thought i'd share my little journey tonight. looks like my pers system broke, but "fixed" it. i dont thing its a bad mechanism, just poor materials. if they maybe used a stronger plastic with thicker hinges, or just make the pieces out of metal. i think that would be incredible on fixing the issue of these things breaking so easily. from the whole piece cracking or an eye piece snapping because of excessive force.

View attachment 595493View attachment 595494View attachment 595495View attachment 595496View attachment 595499View attachment 595497View attachment 595498View attachment 595500View attachment 595501View attachment 595502View attachment 595504View attachment 595503

its really been bugging me as you can see on the top pictures i forgot to pad out his torso and abs while doing the body swap so ended up going back and doing just that by making an incision where the belt is and getting a piece of leather and gluing it together. needless to say, im really damn satisfied and i think i can finally stop modifying him. the handling feel is much better too. everytime i previously touched him, his suit would just warp in because it was empty around the torso, but now its nice and full, giving a better a fuller feeling while holding him.

View attachment 595506View attachment 595505View attachment 595507View attachment 595508

PS. I did beef out his crotch too, there was some necessary padding that was needed down there too
You did some incredible work!! Excellent job!

Iv never actually moved the eyes on the one I kept for fear of it breaking. I had 3 but sold the other 2 on, I moved the eyes on the other 2 & that was fine but that was back when it 1st released.
No point taking any chances now

View attachment 595493View attachment 595494View attachment 595495View attachment 595496View attachment 595499View attachment 595497View attachment 595498View attachment 595500View attachment 595501View attachment 595502View attachment 595504View attachment 595503

View attachment 595506View attachment 595505View attachment 595507View attachment 595508

Yeah, I always felt PERS was a good idea ruined by using the wrong materials. HT could still make it work as the design is sound but maybe the cost of using stronger materials is prohibitive?

Yep. The early PERS had pretty brittle plastic. It happened to a lot of us. I seem to remember the DX01 & DX02 being the worst though - the first two, of course. My DX09 is doing fine, but I rarely feel the need to move the eyes anyway. They've been in the same place for years. I ended up taking the DX08 mechanism apart though and just move the eyes independently now. Great posing, btw.

20220820_172051.jpg

Last edited:
I have a bunch of pers hot toys figs and the only ones I've moved are the dx8 and when I moved them I figured I would probably not move them again, which has turned out to be true so far. I feel they are just a reason for hot toys to charge an extra 50 bucks.

My bigger fear when it comes to PERS is the possible effect it will have on a likeness and over all aesthetic of a sculpt. Worse comes to worse you can always position the eyes and never touch it again but if the sculpt looks goofy then it's over. It's easier to hide with characters that have make up around their eyes but it can be a catastrophe for regular skin toned sculpts. I remember the first really bad one was DX05. There were other things going on with that figure but those eyes were baaad.

My bigger fear when it comes to PERS is the possible effect it will have on a likeness and over all aesthetic of a sculpt. Worse comes to worse you can always position the eyes and never touch it again but if the sculpt looks goofy then it's over. It's easier to hide with characters that have make up around their eyes but it can be a catastrophe for regular skin toned sculpts. I remember the first really bad one was DX05. There were other things going on with that figure but those eyes were baaad.
always felt this way tbh. there are a few figures that kinda got ruined because of PERS or moveable eyes. recently, kenobi. granted the sculpt just doesn't look like him to begin with, but the eyes just make it look worse. the option is very nice, but if it hinders likeness, then i'd prefer it to not have. after seeing inart's production pictures of joker and batman's and seeing how hot toys did theirs. there was some really noticeable vein work that is missing on inart's eyes but maybe im speaking too soon and ill need to wait until it gets into our hands

Can anyone who's modded this figure's body tell me what's preventing his arms from resting more closely to his sides? Is it the rubber suit? Or a fat suit underneath? Or just weak joints?

41Hb4RW-ocL._AC_SY450_.jpg

Can anyone who's modded this figure's body tell me what's preventing his arms from resting more closely to his sides? Is it the rubber suit? Or a fat suit underneath? Or just weak joints?

View attachment 596063
most likely the fat suit underneath thats hindering articulation. this figure doesnt have weak joints from my experience cutting him open

I got the email. How do you find a figure this old and in demand and on the cusp of a rerelease “back in the warehouse”?

Still, congrats to the one person who snagged it.

Wish I saw it sooner but too busy with work.
Yea same. I was in a meeting at a Client's house so I couldn't check my email until afterwards.
I got the email. How do you find a figure this old and in demand and on the cusp of a rerelease “back in the warehouse”?
That was my thought as well. Like who just left one of those hanging out in the warehouse? Almost wonder if some of these "warehouse finds" are their in-house samples and just eventually decide they need to let them go to make space for new products.

Back