Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
tumblr_pjl2cmKleF1s9a9yjo1_400.gif

Edit: Did HT see the IA polls and think "We've already got one we can re-issue!"
Yep this exactly. I'll be waiting this one out to see what both HT and InArt will offer. Perhaps InArt will pull this to the front of their line ??

Either way it is great. 89 Batman is the only one missing for my classic Batman lineup.

Screenshot 2022-03-20 at 19.09.38.jpg

Well, hot damn then. Wonder if Batman’s a reissue or a 2.0. And if he’s a 2.0…will he be upscaled just enough to no longer fit in the Batmobile? 🤪

IF this actually gets a real reveal/PO then hopefully Joker will happen as well and I can cancel my Mars Toys figure. Unless Joker doesn't come with all the original accessories

I can finally get this figure also. Lol keep the reissues coming HT I need the stuff I couldn't get before. Lmao

I still remember when version 1.0 was announced. Seeing the pics was so surreal.

I have it, and will likely get this if it's a good upgrade.

I still remember when version 1.0 was announced. Seeing the pics was so surreal.

I have it, and will likely get this if it's a good upgrade.
Same. I remember it came in a time when there seemed to be (or in fact was) a serious dearth of '89 merch - certainly compared to more recent times where almost every company has had a go. The official pics were a joy to behold for the first time.

There's just not much to this figure to rework though. Just a single piece rubber suit. I would think this is a reissue. But who knows, eh?

Interesting if we’re getting a new version, but I have the version from Batman Returns and prefer that suit anyways. I don’t think I’d buy an 89 figure.

I’d welcome anything 1989 batman. The only thing I’m not looking forward to is finding out that something isn’t going to be sold only after seeing it paraded around.

There’s a few improvements that could be made.
Taller. Better articulation. A two pack with a fully battle damaged suit and not just a little blood on the faceplate would be a dream come true.
The actually sculpt on the original was perfect. It was one of there best figures to date. Slightly tweak it and it’ll be a 10/10.

Well, as we all know, the actual costume was pieces of foam armor glued onto a spandex bodysuit, not just a big rubber onesie. Plenty of people have attempted to customize the original figure to actually resemble the costume, but I've never seen anyone pull it off.

I have zero faith that Hot Toys would go back and make the figure that way. As others have said, I expect a straight reissue, possibly with less accessories.

Back