Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A height mod? Lol Michael Keaton is 5’8.
I'm speaking purely of creating aesthetic parity between the figures. I don't think the actor's real-life height is all that relevant in how Hot Toys makes these figures. You can't say one has to strictly adhere to the actors' 5"8 height divide by six in and not a hair taller for this Keaton doll when Hot Toys themselves keep changing the height of their figures. My point was that the DX19 Bale got a substantial boost in height and size to make him on par with the modern Batfleck and Arkham Batman figures, thus displaying them together would create a huge disparity. It doesn't matter if real-life Keaton is 5"2 or whatever because I'm pretty sure he can't fight in real life nor glide in the air like Batman because he's an actor nor is he a real life sports athlete where stats matter, he's playing a make-belief comic book character.

But presumably his Batman isn't 5'8? Same with Tom Hardy's Bane. They just use creative ways to make them appear taller on screen.

This. I remember the old Tony Stark/RDJ argument that the actor is not as tall as the character while the official bio had the character taller than the actor. Tom Hardy is shorter than Bale in real life and last time I checked, Elijah Wood wasn't really 4" when he played Frodo. An actor's height, weight, sexual preference or choice of cigarettes rarely factors in when playing these fictional, proportionally-heightened characters.

Last edited:
If HT does a reissue, I wonder if a height increase would cause him not to fit in the HT 1989 batmobile or the jazzinc batwing.

In the Batwing, it seems that there is enough room, in the Batmobile, without the boots, it would be ok.
Personally I bet on a Flash movie Keaton rather than a DX09 2.0

In the Batwing, it seems that there is enough room, in the Batmobile, without the boots, it would be ok.
Personally I bet on a Flash movie Keaton rather than a DX09 2.0
I think a Flash Keaton is a lock, which is a shame because I think they dropped the ball on the costume. DX09 re-release feels like a very long shot. Not impossible, but unlikely.

I doubt they'll reissue. The next Keaton figure will probably be his suit from The Flash.

iHxoT5g.jpg
It's almost like they comined the 89 and Returens suits.......:)

Never been fan of the Returns suit and this new one is even worst…:confused:
After the 89, the 95 Panther is the best IMO…

Last edited:
I doubt they'll reissue. The next Keaton figure will probably be his suit from The Flash.

iHxoT5g.jpg
You're likely right but I wish they would reissue/remake the Returns suit. That's the one I'd really like to get my hands on. Maybe if this one had a yellow belt I'd be more interested. I also like how the Returns cape attached way better than this one.
Fingers crossed they change their minds about the belt and make it yellow in postproduction.

Did anyone really display their Batman inside any of the batmobiles for longer than an hour to simply snap pictures?

That can't be good for the figure long term IMO.

Anyone had issues buying a new/sealed version from a reputable vendor in either Japan or China and having the rubber be deteriorated out of the box??

I have a line of site on one in new/sealed condition, but I’m just apprehensive what the odds are I may be opening up one that’s going to have issues. I know moisture/humidity is what does it, just hopeful if it’s never seen the light of day, maybe my odds of promise are higher lol

No idea about sealed, but I had mine out and on display through about 10 horribly humid Japanese summers and never had a single problem with deterioration. Of course, that's just my experience. Can't really say for sure what it would be like in the box.

Mine is still pristine after a decade but I’m in Europe with a temperate climate…
I think you need very rough storage conditions to deteriorate the rubber?

I live in the uber humid midwest and mine's still in great shape even after having him stored in non climate controlled garage for a couple years.

Anyone had issues buying a new/sealed version from a reputable vendor in either Japan or China and having the rubber be deteriorated out of the box??

I have a line of site on one in new/sealed condition, but I’m just apprehensive what the odds are I may be opening up one that’s going to have issues. I know moisture/humidity is what does it, just hopeful if it’s never seen the light of day, maybe my odds of promise are higher lol
If they never been taken out they are fine because they still have the oil from the factory not to mention the silica gel is doing it’s job in preserving the die cast and leather inside the box. Even in storage I open my figures once a year to at least reapply ”leather” spray and it’s keeping them nice and moist.

I also sat down batman no more than 20 for over stretching the suit, this happened to my Superman that the seams got loose and now it looks like he’s wearing jeans.

I learned my lesson never to leave the figures posed more than a day. I am having the hardest time posing my Batman TDK Armory batsuit with the batpod at the moment lolol.

I appreciate all the replies y’all.

So they had a sealed DX09 and DX08 so I said screw it since they made me what I’d call a fair deal on both haha figures crossed they are in good shape out of the box.

Any suggestions on cape upgrades? Leaning towards the Jaxon drape cape.

I appreciate all the replies y’all.

So they had a sealed DX09 and DX08 so I said screw it since they made me what I’d call a fair deal on both haha figures crossed they are in good shape out of the box.

Any suggestions on cape upgrades? Leaning towards the Jaxon drape cape.
Jaxon cape Is great. It brings the figure to a new level.

Back