Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO 89 is superior on all aspects:
Cowl, suit, emblem…
Always thought that returns is too sleek and looks like a fancy dress…

Wow, looking at all these custom capes has be itching for a replacement. Definitely going to look up Jaxon. They drape beautifully from what I've seen here, not to mention they cut down the silhouette of the figure considerable, and when you're trying to make more room in a detolf that's a big bonus!

Also, I've seen other members allude to applying some sort of cleaner or lotion to the suits. I've just been using a damp cloth all these years. What do you folks use on your 89 & 92 Batmen, or what would you recommend? Thanks!

Edit: Yeah, I realize the batsignal is waaay to small 😬

Bats 1.jpg
Bats 2.jpg

Last edited:
I finally got my hands on one of these. I have to ask, though…….how exactly do you POSE this thing?

EDIT: answered my own question looking back in the thread. Sounds like the arms are a common problem.

Last edited:
I finally got my hands on one of these. I have to ask, though…….how exactly do you POSE this thing?

EDIT: answered my own question looking back in the thread. Sounds like the arms are a common problem.
The arms needed ratchet joints to hold poses with the suit being so restrictive. Thats one of the things thats better about the Return's Batman figure.

When Hot Toys revisits ‘89 Batman, they’ll probably give him ratchet elbows . . . and change/fix nothing else. No new head, no new cape, no new suit.

Judging by Bespin Luke, that seems to be how they roll these days.

Yeah that does look nice. Wish they'd kept the belt yellow but other than that it's good.

Still need a reissue or new version of 89 Batman to go with Mars Toys Joker.

With the DX19 being substantially larger than the older releases, this figure desperately needs a height mod. I've seen people using this figure to mock how small Keaton was compared to Batfleck but conveniently left out the fact that HT changed their scaling around 2015 which left a lot of older figures being shorter and somewhat smaller.

Back