Hot Toys DX09 - BATMAN - Batman (Michael Keaton) - Specs & Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah, looks like a Tony Meiss cape to me. I've got one myself, but the leather like surface has oddly kind of been absorbed into the fabric, for lack of a better term. So now it's kind of flat looking. Still drapes well. But I bought a Jaxxon cape recently to replace it. Maybe that one will be better, despite it's oddly exaggerated seam lines.
19892-528x668.jpg

Dumb question: how many capes did this figure come with? I was checking out the accessories and noticed my figure came with 3 capes. 1 looks brand new. The other looks like a well done custome cape. Can anyone help identify the custom cape? I want to think it is Jaxon?View attachment 556779

Hi all,

Sorry dredging this one back up again...does anyone know who still makes Custom Capes for this figure?

Finally getting ready to get mine on display & fancy something better than the wired stock cape that he came with

Thanks

Neil

Such a dope figure. I kick myself to this day for not jumping on it right away.

I have both Nicholson Jokers, but the only Keaton Batman I have is the Returns version. It feels pretty dumb considering they never made Penguin and Catwoman. :lol :monkey2

Don’t know…
i know some prefer Returns to 89.
For me the 89 suit is way more iconic. ( As the movie…)
But it’s my personal taste.

I'm not sure what the figures are worth but the 89 has nostalgic factor but Returns is praised for its cowl and for the correct symbol on the chest.

For most people: 89 is the one you love but you remember it looking like Returns

I loved the 89 symbol just cause it was such a departure from the norm and so unique. It's instantly recognizable as the 89 Batsuit symbol cause it's never been used anywhere else.

It's so weird though; the whole reason they had to use a stylized symbol was some copyright law loophole, which I can't make any sense of. Didn't WB OWN all batsymbols at the time anyway? And they used the "real" symbol in all of the advertising. I'd love to know the real story someday.

At any rate, I was always frustrated as a kid that there was a never a toy with the symbol the way it looked in the movie. Hot Toys finally corrected that, and over the years we got a few more like NECA and SHF and someday, maybe, if we live long enough, we'll see the Mezco One:12 version too.

89 suit and Returns suit would be amazing for MAFEX to tackle someday. You never know...they just went all the way back to the original Terminator so it's possible I guess.

And I suppose McFarlane could do it too, but it'll likely be a piece of garbage and inaccurate if my experiences with his DC stuff is anything to go on.

Back