Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Many are the criticisms that can be leveled at me, but love me or hate me "weak minded" aint one of them. *unamused*

Sometimes I rattle off replies rather quickly. In retrospect that gif is rather harsh in context when used in a direct reply to you. It was meant in a general sense and not at you specifically but I can see that it reads that way. Apologies and no disrespect to you intended. Gif retracted.

The long and the short of it is Morrison doesn't look or act like Boba Fett. Some people are so desperate to consume "Star Wars" content that they will lap up anything Disney offers up.
I know you are fighting the good fight as most sensible people agree with you. But this is Disney Wars man, just have to accept this is what we will be getting from now on. Anything good will then be followed by mediocre and frankly unfulfilling story telling. It will never be as good as the OT and that is just the way it is.

As much as I like to complain about it as well, it really gets you no where. The superior fans are still OT & EU, while the inferior and tasteless subhumans like the PT, TCW and ST. They know who they are and more importantly, we know how superior we are. :duff

I know you are fighting the good fight as most sensible people agree with you. But this is Disney Wars man, just have to accept this is what we will be getting from now on. Anything good will then be followed by mediocre and frankly unfulfilling story telling. It will never be as good as the OT and that is just the way it is.

As much as I like to complain about it as well, it really gets you no where. The superior fans are still OT & EU, while the inferior and tasteless subhumans like the PT, TCW and ST. They know who they are and more importantly, we know how superior we are. :duff

Yeah I just don't like having to lower my expectations for Star Wars content because it's owned by Disney/Lucasfilm and managed by buffoons but here we are. There was some optimism after Favreau's The Mandalorian but it's fading fast. This Fett show isn't nearly as awful as the sequel trilogy but so far it's not very good either.

Yeah I just don't like having to lower my expectations for Star Wars content because it's owned by Disney/Lucasfilm and managed by buffoons but here we are. There was some optimism after Favreau's The Mandalorian but it's fading fast. This Fett show isn't nearly as awful as the sequel trilogy but so far it's not very good either.
I guess that is a signal to go find something else that is positive to you. I should probably take my own advice and do the same. This material isn't worth that much of my time.

So far for me the show has been a mixed bag, but there’s no way I won’t see out the season. I’ve not been particularly enamoured with the Tusken flashbacks, and the sarlacc escape was a massive let down, and really took the wind out of my sails for that entire first episode, but that street scene in Ep 2 where Boba confronts the hutts felt pretty much perfect to me, he was no nonsense, his voice sounded menacing, on par with Jason Wingreens portrayal IMO, and HE KEPT HIS DAMN HELMET ON! If this is the Boba we get over the next few episodes I’ll be happy. Mind you, two seconds after that scene he took his bloody helmet off again, so I’ll have to remain cautiously optimistic.

So my guess is that episode 3 and 4 will involve Fett discovering that his armour is being used by Cobb Vanth and then finding the wounded Fennec in the desert, no doubt drawn by the flares that Din and Toro we’re firing into the night sky to blind Fennecs sniper shot.
Then off to Jabba’s Palace to retrieve Slave 1.

I've had my issues with the show as well, but that bolded part was by far my favorite thing we've gotten so far, the scene was incredibly shot, the music was on point and our boy left his helmet on.

Can't wait for more of the Hutts, we haven't had any Hutt scenes since S5 of TCW, back in 2012/2013.

If only Mando/Din had never taken off his helmet...

BoBF isn't a train wreck, for me, but the train has definitely been heading in an unexpected direction. Hopefully it gets amazing very soon and at the end of the season, we'll all be saying, "Slow start but then kicked ass..." *

*I hope...

Like someone here has said, Din Dijarin thoughout the 2 seasons supposed to be the definitive version of "true" Boba that "true fans" have been yearning for years.

rhobh-dont.gif
This gif perfectly describes some SW fans...especially some on this thread...

Like someone here has said, Din Dijarin thoughout the 2 seasons supposed to be the definitive version of "true" Boba that "true fans" have been yearning for years.

But was he, really?

Do you think pre-sarlacc Boba would have given one single damn about that kid and his fate? Not Boba. He would have pocketed that bounty and been on his merry way.

Din also seemed a lot nicer and more even-tempered, and he has a conscience. Did Boba have that? No and no and no. I recall a few instances in the comics where he was directly appealed to by locals for help with some marauding bad guy, and he was like: "No, that isn't my thing. Bounties only." Unless, of course, it suited his purpose.

But then, sometimes Boba did do the right thing. He's a confusing guy.

Haven't had time to watch it yet, but the new episode is the same length as the first episode. 39 mins, but more like 34 not including credits.
You can still get a lot of good stuff into that time frame but I really think this show would benefit from the episodes being just a bit longer. 5 or 10 mins. The 2nd episode's runtime felt good to me.

What a total embarrassment to Boba Fett the character. Anyone who defends this garbage now deserves a healthy dose of mockery. A completely idiotic and unprepared "Crime Lord" hires Griff Tannen's local delinquent street gang as his big power play :slap 🤣

Simply awful.

s55bj.jpg

I severely dislike Fett's character development in today's episode. He's starting to behave like a *****, not befitting as a crime lord or whatever the hell is that Tatooine's daimyo. SO WEAK!

After The Mandalorian it's hard to believe how actually awful this show has turned out to be. What an embarrassing portrayal of the legendary bounty hunter Boba Fett.

Oh no. Sounds like it's a lacklustre episode with some questionable Boba actions and characterisations. Like the first episode. Damn it.

Apart from gang's bikes, which does not fit SW universe, and chase scenes, I don't have major issues with today's episode. I like SW a lot, but I am not a worshipper who hates it when a character does not behave as I expect. I simply enjoy it. Some very much, some not so much, and sometimes don't like what I see. But that's because the plot is uninteresting, not because he/she behaved contrary to former iterations like EU or previous movies.

Back