Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would like to take this moment to discuss Matticus' Batmobile signature. Of all Batmobiles ever, this is the best one. It does not look stupid or like an Art Deco nightmare. Its not crazy, it does make you roll your eyes or think "REALLLYYYYY......!!????" or any of that. Some of them are just ridiculous imo.

It is just simply, the coolest, most real-world based looking Batmobile ever and I would drive that thing straight down Route 666 to hell, hammer down the whole way. I would die happy. In the wind, as they say. I wonder if that thing has nitrous....?

(cool sig, Matt.)

giphy.gif

I would like to take this moment to discuss Matticus' Batmobile signature. Of all Batmobiles ever, this is the best one. It does not look stupid or like an Art Deco nightmare. Its not crazy, it does make you roll your eyes or think "REALLLYYYYY......!!????" or any of that. Some of them are just ridiculous imo.

It is just simply, the coolest, most real-world based looking Batmobile ever and I would drive that thing straight down Route 666 to hell, hammer down the whole way. I would die happy. In the wind, as they say. I wonder if that thing has nitrous....?

(cool sig, Matt.)
Yes, I agree and I'm pretty excited to see The Batman. Wasn't thrilled with the casting of Pattinson but it sure looks like he'll do the character justice...

It’s a very good question, what actually did happen to all those writers? Is it just that they wouldn’t toe the line or what?
I'm sure it's because they didn't want to toe the line.

You could imagine it,

Disney : So we'd like you to try and work in the Knights of Ren into this story, we really messed up there by not doing something cool with them in the movie, so if we can add them in here any way we can the fans will love it. It'll probably make them love the ST as well. 2 birds with one stone !!
OG Writers : Yeah right, I quit !

When I try to put myself in the position of these new writers, I think how dirty I'd feel doing blatant s''t like that. How stupid do they think the fans are ?

You could imagine it,

Disney : So we'd like you to try and work in the Knights of Ren into this story, we really messed up there by not doing something cool with them in the movie, so if we can add them in here any way we can the fans will love it. It'll probably make them love the ST as well. 2 birds with one stone !!

When I try to put myself in the position of these new writers, I think how dirty I'd feel doing blatant s''t like that. How stupid do they think the fans are ?
Well they keep making money. Merch sales should be minor as there has been nothing good besides Kylo with a mask on. I guess their Disney Parks are doing just fine. Hard to tell as marketing is one thing while actual sales are another.

Where are the unique, identifiable characters? Where is the cool Sith? The rough, but charismatic smuggler/scoundrel? Mando and Grogu is all you got right now going forward. LOLOLOLOL

You could imagine it,

I keep trying to imagine that final conversation with Karen Traviss. And failing.

I think a lot of this has to do with the shift from a sci-fi narrative to a real world one, we are not going to discuss what Darth Bane had for lunch (you know Sith lunches are next level) we are gonna hash out real world societal issues now.

If i were a writer I would walk too.

Yeah, really impressive trailer and personally I like the return to the Nolan style Batman. Sorry Hoody. Maybe it's a bit more of a mix between Nolan and Synder, a happy middle ground for everyone.

Delighted to see Matt Reeves behind the camera for this one, a director Lucasfilm should be paying close attention to for Star Wars. His Planet of the Apes films were absolutely superb, far better than they had any right to be. He also pulled off a rarity, a decent American re-make of a non-American horror with 'Let Me In', and also directed 'Cloverfield'.

As for Pattinson I think the guy is a really good actor. I admit to never having seen the Twilight movies, mainly on account of me not being an 11 year old girl, but I've seen him in a few other movies where I thought ''this guy can really act''. He was excellent in both 'Good Time' and 'The Lighthouse', two movies and performances I'd advise anyone to watch. Whether I think he's the perfect fit for Batman I'm not sure, I find he has a bit of creepiness about him that would work better as a Batman villain. Regardless I'm very confident he'll pull the role off.

Btw how great is it to see both Paul Dano and Colin Farrell as villains in the same movie?!

Great casting across the board in this.

It'll be interesting to see who Reeves casts as Joker eventually.
I'd like to see them go with an older Joker if Joaquin Phoenix can't play him. Willem Dafoe would be perfect. Plus he and Pattinson have already worked together on The Lighthouse and bounced off each other very well.

I'd like to see them go with an older Joker if Joaquin Phoenix can't play him. Willem Dafoe would be perfect. Plus he and Pattinson have already worked together on The Lighthouse and bounced off each other very well.

Dafoe's name has been being bruited about for literally decades as a possible Joker. I say, make it happen. Its time. He would be terrifying and a worthy opponent.

Just had to check which thread we were in for a second. I blame Matticus' cool signature !! :)

Wonder if we'll get any new Star Wars figures announced this week ?? Or if they're just waiting for Book of Boba ??
Its totally Matticus' fault that we're discussing this instead of appropriate stuff.

A midengine Batmobile! Is that a first? I think it is. And is it 16 cylinders?! Maybe it has a Rolls or a Bugatti engine base?? Where the hell would you even start to source the parts for such a car?! We askin the real questions up in here.

Back to waiting for SS to decide to send me my Deathwatch. Which they could do. Today.

Well, I did try to kickstart us with Boba riding a Bantha but no-one took the bait :p

We really need a Book of Boba trailer to talk about.

Here’s one for you what new SW shows do we think might be announced at this Disney+ day in November? Luke & Grogu, Crimson Dawn, Bane, Rose Tico & the Seven Porgs? Surely we’ll start to get some 2023/24 announcements.

Well, I did try to kickstart us with Boba riding a Bantha but no-one took the bait :p

With the set-up in Jabba's palace, as Boba takes over, they'll likley (as they did with the Slave 1) get to re-imagine and explore the interior and layout of the Palace further.
At some point we might end up in the Palace's main garage/hanger; Although never in the film, in there I'd love to see (I assume a rebuilt Khetanna, a bunch of Skiffs ) but also a never before seen (mini-Rig) Desert Sail Skiff.
As pictured on the box
Then Book of Fett should open with - Fennec going: Time to take over the criminal underworld
- Boba: Not quite yet ...time to kill some dank farrik Sarlacc first!
Then jumps into his own Skiff loading those front harpoons, and flying out to the Dune Sea. :D
2JASC02.jpg

At 1/6 they could actually make this thing.

4571419_orig.jpg

7239196_orig.jpg

Last edited:
That's actually really cool Mondragon. I never knew that desert sail skiff even existed. Something I could imagine Favreau, Filoni, and Rodriguez are aware exists. That's just the sort of thing they'd stick in there, and as you say a manageable enough size for Hot Toys to make. There'll definitely be some sort of vehicle or creature that Hot Toys makes to make you buy another Boba. The bantha might be taking it bit too far, and a 1:6 rancor way too far.

I never really thought much about how they'll explore the palace, but of course they will. That thing looks quite roomy. Trying to think if we ever explored it in more detail in the EU material. I hope that rancor pit is still in use at least, and that we have a new resident band. Did I hear that Flea from the Red Hot Chilli Peppers is in this, or did I imagine that? I'd love to see The Hu (the guys who did that amazing song for Fallen Order) as the new resident band actually.

Haha I like the idea of Boba flying off on that thing to take out the Sarlacc. Hopefully he enlists the help of Cobb Vanth after his Krayt Dragon exploits.

That was actually one of the coolest things with the Battlefront game, to run around the Hoth base or Cloud City and see how they had imagined all the additional rooms or spaces in and around the iconic ones we'd seen in the films.

Back