Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Some interesting Book of Boba merchandise starting to appear. This one is official crew merchandise. Come on who wouldn’t buy a Hot Toys Bantha to go with their Nomad Fett?

EDIT: sorry about the lack of clarity

Attachments

• 423CAF23-9476-41BA-9262-CBB42CDEB5C1.jpeg
    423CAF23-9476-41BA-9262-CBB42CDEB5C1.jpeg
    98.6 KB · Views: 40
Last edited:
Excuse me for spamming the chat. I guess people have had time to read the last issue of War of the Bounty Hunters by now, but just in case you haven't I'll put the picture in spoiler tags. Can anyone tell me how the hell this makes sense? They really do try to force this ST crap in wherever they can, don't they? Don't even get me started on Charles Soule, such a hack! Whatever happened to all the great Star Wars writers like Drew Karpyshyn, Karen Traviss, John Jackson Miller, and Matthew Stover?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Excuse me for spamming the chat. I guess people have had time to read the last issue of War of the Bounty Hunters by now, but just in case you haven't I'll put the picture in spoiler tags. Can anyone tell me how the hell this makes sense? They really do try to force this ST crap in wherever they can, don't they? Don't even get me started on Charles Soule, such a hack! Whatever happened to all the great Star Wars writers like Drew Karpyshyn, Karen Traviss, John Jackson Miller, and Matthew Stover?

What doesn't make sense?

Have a look at the timeline when these comics are set vs when the Knights of Ren appeared in the ST.

They're the same age and wearing the same frigging clothes.
They look like different KOR entirely though and not the same ones we see later, and Ren himself looks very different by the time of the ST.

Look the same to me.

RCO029_1634146610.jpg
6qsqognkp6d31.jpg

Either way it's extremely cringey how they've been forced into a comic that's taking place during the OT era, a full 33 years earlier. Nice of someone at Lucasfilm to remember these guys exist though. I remember after TFA how they were the only thing a lot of us clung on to, thinking they'd become an integral part of the story. Nope! Totally forgotten by the second film, then shoehorned in to the third film, where all they did was stand on a rock, looking like a photoshoot for a ****** 1990s boyband album cover, and act as fodder for a redeemed Ben Solo. It's a bit desperate forcing them into WOTBH and Crimson Dawn. Who actually cares at this point? They had 3 movies to make them relevant and failed spectacularly.

They look like different KOR entirely though and not the same ones we see later, and Ren himself looks very different by the time of the ST.
It's 30 years between this comic and the ST !!
It's lazy writing and trying to force any stuff in that people know.
PS you don't always have to disagree.

Look the same to me.

View attachment 541827 View attachment 541828

Either way it's extremely cringey how they've been forced into a comic that's taking place during the OT era, a full 33 years earlier. Nice of someone at Lucasfilm to remember these guys exist though. I remember after TFA how they were the only thing a lot of us clung on to, thinking they'd become an integral part of the story. Nope! Totally forgotten by the second film, then shoehorned in to the third film, where all they did was stand on a rock, looking like a photoshoot for a ****** 1990s boyband album cover, and act as fodder for a redeemed Ben Solo. It's a bit desperate forcing them into WOTBH and Crimson Dawn. Who actually cares at this point? They had 3 movies to make them relevant and failed spectacularly.
4 of them aren't the ones we see in the movie. That one looks the same and the one beside him has the same outfit but looks to be an entirely different height and build.

I don't give a **** about them but Disney have been hammering the Exegol TopHat into their comics and books so it's not really surprising we'd see these dweebs too. Far from the worst thing they've shoehorned in though.

Not disagreeing really. It's dumb but it's not that far fetched.

It's why I don't read comics period anymore. Especially Disney SW comics. You know by this point it is a bunch of ass hats running the show. If they wanted to do it right they would still have all the veteran SW writers.

4 of them aren't the ones we see in the movie. That one looks the same and the one beside him has the same outfit but looks to be an entirely different height and build.

I don't give a **** about them but Disney have been hammering the Exegol TopHat into their comics and books so it's not really surprising we'd see these dweebs too. Far from the worst thing they've shoehorned in though.
That’s just the thing though, I’m clearly very anti-ST, however once upon a time I really did give a toss about these guys. Or to put it more accurately, the potential these guys had. Even going into TROS it was the thing I was still clinging onto. The one glimmer of hope for the absolute mess of a trilogy. They did nothing interesting with them and now I just find it hard to care about them. Ironically I feel Rian Johnson, for all the criticism he receives (and rightly so) is the one director out of he and JJ who could’ve done something interesting with them, but obviously he had no interest. Replace the the whole Canto Bight rubbish storyline with more material about the Knights of Ren, and make Luke less of a cowardly dweeb, and that movie might just have stood a chance at being tolerable.

It's why I don't read comics period anymore. Especially Disney SW comics. You know by this point it is a bunch of ass hats running the show. If they wanted to do it right they would still have all the veteran SW writers.
It’s a very good question, what actually did happen to all those writers? Is it just that they wouldn’t toe the line or what?

That’s just the thing though, I’m clearly very anti-ST, however once upon a time I really did give a toss about these guys. Or to put it more accurately, the potential these guys had. Even going into TROS it was the thing I was still clinging onto. The one glimmer of hope for the absolute mess of a trilogy. They did nothing interesting with them and now I just find it hard to care about them. Ironically I feel Rian Johnson, for all the criticism he receives (and rightly so) is the one director out of he and JJ who could’ve done something interesting with them, but obviously he had no interest. Replace the the whole Canto Bight rubbish storyline with more material about the Knights of Ren, and make Luke less of a cowardly dweeb, and that movie might just have stood a chance at being tolerable.
I think I've just become so disillusioned with the ST stuff that nothing that they put out can bother me as much as what I've already seen. I was fully done when that Vader comic came out and he found all of the Death Star Destroyers on Exegol, so this is nothing really.

I don't see why they're trying to repair the damage from the ST with even more TopHat, instead of focusing on what they've done well like Mando and Clone Wars.

You have OBVS missed the memo, so I will fill you in: Any time there is a minuscule sliver of a chance we can work someone, ANYONE in from the ST, anywhere at all its going to be done. You see, if they do that enough we will automagically start loving and accepting the ST.

They're attempting to normalize this content, nice psychological ploy but its not going to work. The problem is, those smart enough to see this manipulation for what it is are now not only still going to dislike the ST, now resentment is added to the original dislike.

If they were smart they would drop all references to the ST and start working on making us love what is the obvious next step, for any company with a brain: a movie - or trilogy - of films based on Mando, or bounty hunters in general. Altho tbh Im very mixed feelings about that, because instead of something world-bending we'll get a new Rose Tico in there telling Bossk he'd best start behaving.

The Knights of Ren were done dirty, true enough. How would we want to see, oh, Rose Tico instead of them? But it is what it is. The KOR ARE NOT FOLLOWING FRICKING QUI'RA, COME ON PEOPLE. New assessment: Charles Soule sucks. And it pains me to say that.

Last edited:
You have OBVS missed the memo, so I will fill you in: Any time there is a minuscule sliver of a chance we can work someone, ANYONE in from the ST, anywhere at all its going to be done. You see, if they do that enough we will automagically start loving and accepting the ST.

They're attempting to normalize this content, nice psychological ploy but its not going to work. The problem is, those smart enough to see this manipulation for what it is are now not only still going to dislike the ST, now resentment is added to the original dislike.

If they were smart they would drop all references to the ST and start working on making us love what is the obvious next step, for any company with a brain: a movie - or trilogy - of films based on Mando, or bounty hunters in general. Altho tbh Im very mixed feelings about that, because instead of something world-bending we'll get a new Rose Tico in there telling Bossk he'd best start behaving.

The Knights of Ren were done dirty, true enough. How would we want to see, oh, Rose Tico instead of them? But it is what it is. The KOR ARE NOT FOLLOWING FRICKING QUI'RA, COME ON PEOPLE. New assessment: Charles Soule sucks. And it pains me to say that.
Apparently all these obscure links they’re forcing in between the ST and everything is going to do for the ST what Clone Wars did for the PT. Damn that really pisses me off! So laughable. For the flaws the PT had, at least it had story, world-building, interesting characters, and good intentions. It had a definite start point and ending point. I can’t remember seeing any of those in the ST. It’s a bit worrying that they’ll probably start forcing this stuff into The Mandalorian and related shows. This stuff doesn’t add any value to shows like The Mandalorian, it’s only there to justify several crazy story decisions and plot holes from the ST.

Okay, I better take a step back before I go fully into ST rant mode.

The PT introduced several important concepts as hardly needs saying including the creation of Darth Vader and the creation of the clone army. It at least did that.

As a bonus we got that ladykiller Jango Fett, [and i say that with no sarcasm] and who does not love that little psychopath baby Boba, chuckling as Kenobi gets vaporized - or so he thinks. There was A LOT of extraneous stuff, but at keast the PT gave us something to look at and think about and people who would become mainstays in the SW universe. It did give us lots of trash! But. Also lots to love.

[throws Holdo into a bottomless reactor]

Agreed. At some point how much of the ST will have more impact based on its potential rather than on its execution? It’s very hard to let go of that potential honestly, especially so for Ben/Kylo Ren. I can see why starting over would be so much easier but if the talent is there like Favreau or Filoni they could retcon enough to make it work possibly. It’s still such a mess but before Mando S2 lots of fans were ready to disregard Boba due to his conflicting depictions and lack of demonstrated badassery.

(Batmobile signature)

I would like to take this moment to discuss Matticus' Batmobile signature. Of all Batmobiles ever, this is the best one. It does not look stupid or like an Art Deco nightmare. Its not crazy, it does make you roll your eyes or think "REALLLYYYYY......!!????" or any of that. Some of them are just ridiculous imo.

It is just simply, the coolest, most real-world based looking Batmobile ever and I would drive that thing straight down Route 666 to hell, hammer down the whole way. I would die happy. In the wind, as they say. I wonder if that thing has nitrous....?

(cool sig, Matt.)

Back