Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What happened to 4Lom and Zuckuss if you don't mind sharing? Is it Canon?
Pretty much everything made by Disney is canon.
Spoiler Spoiler:

What happened to 4Lom and Zuckuss if you don't mind sharing? Is it Canon?

Spoiler Spoiler:

Spoiler Spoiler:

These last two episodes of Bad Batch have really brought me on board with this show. I've got to admit after that Martez sisters episode I was very worried. Completing Clone Force 99 would be great, but for some reason the one I want most is Omega.

These last two episodes of Bad Batch have really brought me on board with this show. I've got to admit after that Martez sisters episode I was very worried. Completing Clone Force 99 would be great, but for some reason the one I want most is Omega.

I can't remember what it was about the Martez sisters that made them so hated in TCW.

I found The Bad Batch episodes clichéd and boring, so fast forwarded through much of them, but preferred the sisters' episodes as they showed a more interesting part of the universe.

Then along came The Bad Batch series and Clone Force 99 have completely redeemed themselves.

Omega would be an interesting figure done in the realistic style of Echo and Hunter. Due to her age, though, she'd be fixed into the period around 19 BBY, whereas I was thinking of Echo and Hunter with their helmets on, in their beaten up and mismatched armour, as being able to slot into the later 'classic' period that my collection generally focuses on. Not necessarily as older versions of Echo and Hunter, but as mercenaries, bounty hunters or a criminal gang. The kind of characters who might show up in TBoBF.

Still, Omega would add variety.

I can't remember what it was about the Martez sisters that made them so hated in TCW.
Some people disliked them for really unfortunate reasons.

The legitimate, rational criticisms though would be that their TCW arc just wasn’t what people wanted to see, especially compared to other unfinished arcs.

It felt drawn out and had a lot of filler, which is not good when they were only doing a very limited number of episodes.

There were also severe lapses in logic and critical thinking.

But I like them. And I think it’s easier to like them now after the anticipation of getting to the Siege of Mandalore is done and over.

Also, yeah, Omega would be great. I have the Sideshow Boil and Waxer and the Numa figure they came with add more emotion to the troopers on display which is nice. Omega would do the same for Bad Batch figures.

The legitimate, rational criticisms though would be that their TCW arc just wasn’t what people wanted to see, especially compared to other unfinished arcs.

It felt drawn out and had a lot of filler, which is not good when they were only doing a very limited number of episodes.

But I like them. And I think it’s easier to like them now after the anticipation of getting to the Siege of Mandalore is done and over.

Also, yeah, Omega would be great. I have the Sideshow Boil and Waxer and the Numa figure they came with add more emotion to the troopers on display which is nice. Omega would do the same for Bad Batch figures.

Unfortunate reasons? From a personal point of view, I found them (mainly Rafa) incredibly annoying and a bit pointless to the overall plot. Actually, Trace was tolerable in retrospect, it was definitely the other one I had problems with. Maybe it was her stinking attitude. Their episodes definitely felt like filler, but for a few Ahsoka scenes near the end of the final episode in the arc. At the end of the day I couldn't really give a monkeys about them as Clone Wars is some of the best Star Wars material ever made, and an annoying character here and there doesn't detract from that.

Btw the most annoying Clone Wars character ever award definitely goes to this guy...

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    73.4 KB · Views: 29
Rafa is just an unlikeable character at her core imo, she’s not funny, witty, charming, anything. She’s just obnoxious and rude.

I might be a bit strange, but sometimes when people complain about "filler", I see it instead as world building, or the opportunity to show more of the universe. Over the course of TCW I preferred the stories that didn't focus on the clones or the war.

A lot of it I found tedious due to the seemingly endless battles, usually against the silly Roger Rogers (!), which I presume were to appeal to a younger audience. It was that plus the clichéd nature of The Bad Batch themselves that put me off their TCW episodes: the cool leader, the gadget guy, the bespectacled genius, the big dumb bruiser, and the dead shot.

Yet, once in their own show they suddenly came to life, and the clichéd nature softened. At first Omega looked like she might be another low point, but she actually turned out to be quite a sympathetic character. There's obviously something innately special about her, but she isn't over powered, and she exists to give an outside perspective for the viewer on the Batch.

Unfortunate reasons? From a personal point of view, I found them (mainly Rafa) incredibly annoying and a bit pointless to the overall plot. Actually, Trace was tolerable in retrospect, it was definitely the other one I had problems with. Maybe it was her stinking attitude. Their episodes definitely felt like filler, but for a few Ahsoka scenes near the end of the final episode in the arc. At the end of the day I couldn't really give a monkeys about them as Clone Wars is some of the best Star Wars material ever made, and an annoying character here and there doesn't detract from that.

Rafa is just an unlikeable character at her core imo, she’s not funny, witty, charming, anything. She’s just obnoxious and rude.

"Rafa..."

tenor.png

Ze List:

"

Don't forget they were just shoe-horns for Nyx Okami because Disney was too scared of giving Ahsoka a romantic relationship.

But yeah, a 4-part arc that could've been a single episode didn't do them any favors either. Especially considering the magnitude of how the final season of TCW came to be, and with all the other unfinished arcs they previously mentioned throughout the years.

But yeah, looks like they did the same thing to this episode as they did to Nyx/Martinez Sisters, as far as just re-working the cgi renders. But we definitely need this duel in live-action.

Unfortunate reasons?
Yes. I was intentionally vague because I don’t want to get into it.

If someone found them annoying for how they were written as characters or because of plot points, that’s one thing.

But there are certain types of people out there who hated them for more superficial reasons. I’ll leave it at that.

Don't forget they were just shoe-horns for Nyx Okami because Disney was too scared of giving Ahsoka a romantic relationship.
I don’t think that’s the sole reason… but I’m thankful either way. Seems like that would’ve. been really cheesy.

Especially with a name like that. Night Wolf? I know Filoni likes wolves but that’s a bit much.

Yes. I was intentionally vague because I don’t want to get into it.

If someone found them annoying for how they were written as characters or because of plot points, that’s one thing.

But there are certain types of people out there who hated them for more superficial reasons. I’ll leave it at that.

I don’t think that’s the sole reason… but I’m thankful either way. Seems like that would’ve. been really cheesy.

Especially with a name like that. Night Wolf? I know Filoni likes wolves but that’s a bit much.

It's modern day SW and half the debates are usually sexism related. What else is new? But yeah, I don't care to get into it anymore than that.

To me, they're useless characters that I'm indifferent about. I put them in the same category as any background character in a Cantina I have no care for and move on about my business. Unfortunately, saying things like that seem to trigger people and they get defensive. It is what it is:dunno

Ah yes the sisters. One was horribly obnoxious and unlikeable, the other was mildly annoying. Less so in their appearance in Bad Batch.

Saw the latest Bad Batch episode today. I liked this one. I haven't disliked any of the other episodes but did find them rather underwhelming. Show is starting to pickup now though.

I have enjoyed seeing the transition between Republic and Empire.

What have you done !! There's more comments here on the bloody Martinez sisters than the elephant in the room !! CAD BANE !!! :rotfl

Sure it'll be a long shot, but imagine a Hot Toys figure of Cad Bane !! Now that would be cool !!!

Last edited:
Back