Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

It's up there with the Boba Fett deluxe set as far as I'm concerned. Just one of those perfect sets. Now all we need is the Armorer with armory set to complete the amazing Mando sets.

View attachment 514517

I agree and maybe the Biker scout and speeder bike set should be an honorable mention.

Re: Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba F

Yeah Kuiil being short has practically no effect on Hot Toy's production costs with him having a headsculpt. I swear one of the things I saw last night mentioned he has an articulated jaw also.

Yeah it seems both Kuiil and the Blurrg have articulated jaws. I guess the prototypes haven't integrated them properly.

If you look closely at this pic you can see the jaw split line for the Blurrg. Kuiil's must simply move between his jowls.

192826501_10158052597217344_5092679708887391821_n.jpg

After the great announcement of Kuiil, I hope HT gives us more aliens going forwards.

A prominent secondary character from Rogue One has been seen on leaked Andor set pictures. Hopefully this means they will flesh out more of the background characters from that movie. How cool would these guys look on the shelf!

cb25b5179dc78c7ed00ee17ff66a8a72.jpg

After the great announcement of Kuiil, I hope HT gives us more aliens going forwards.

A prominent secondary character from Rogue One has been seen on leaked Andor set pictures. Hopefully this means they will flesh out more of the background characters from that movie. How cool would these guys look on the shelf!

cb25b5179dc78c7ed00ee17ff66a8a72.jpg

Really !! These two and Moroff were my absolute grails from Rogue One. (after Cassian and Baze of course). I've even started on a custom Pao and Moroff.

I'll have to go look at those leaked photos. Have you been on set ? I see you could be close to the action :lol

Really !! These two and Moroff were my absolute grails from Rogue One. (after Cassian and Baze of course). I've even started on a custom Pao and Moroff.

I'll have to go look at those leaked photos. Have you been on set ? I see you could be close to the action :lol

The leaked photos are of a human character. I was just speculating whether we would also see Pao and Bissan.

I agree and maybe the Biker scout and speeder bike set should be an honorable mention.

Absolutely, that one slipped my mind.

The leaked photos are of a human character. I was just speculating whether we would also see Pao and Bissan.

Just look at the list of characters that are possibilities for this show, it's insane. I'm surprised people aren't more pumped for it.

-Baze & Chirrut
-Krennic
-Vader
-Palpatine
-The Rebels crew
-Ahsoka
-Obi-Wan
-Boba Fett
-A younger Din Djarin
-Saw Gerrera
-Enfys Nest
-Teenage Leia
-Rex

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I feel the show will be heavily connected to the other shows and littered with OT crossover characters. Also, plenty you can bring in from the PT, Clone Wars, Solo, and Rogue One. It has even more potential for exciting cameos than Mando and Book of Boba.

Rogue One is held up as being easily the best of the Disney era movies, and Cassian was the most interesting and complex character in it in my opinion. He was certainly my favourite character, along with K-2SO (another possible for the show). I'm shocked there isn't more hype.

I'm sure the hype will start soon. All it needs is a trailer for it to get out of the spoiler Reddit threads into mainstream consciousness.

Any word on when that is planned to drop ? I guess they tend to do that closer to the air date for Disney+ shows. Perhaps once Bad Batch is over ??

But yep definite potential. Really hope we get some major alien characters.

Absolutely, that one slipped my mind.

Just look at the list of characters that are possibilities for this show, it's insane. I'm surprised people aren't more pumped for it.

-Baze & Chirrut
-Krennic
-Vader
-Palpatine
-The Rebels crew
-Ahsoka
-Obi-Wan
-Boba Fett
-A younger Din Djarin
-Saw Gerrera
-Enfys Nest
-Teenage Leia
-Rex

That's just the tip of the iceberg. I feel the show will be heavily connected to the other shows and littered with OT crossover characters. Also, plenty you can bring in from the PT, Clone Wars, Solo, and Rogue One. It has even more potential for exciting cameos than Mando and Book of Boba.

Rogue One is held up as being easily the best of the Disney era movies, and Cassian was the most interesting and complex character in it in my opinion. He was certainly my favourite character, along with K-2SO (another possible for the show). I'm shocked there isn't more hype.

I?d love to see Millie Bobbi Brown do a teenage Leia... live action Rebels crew would also be awesome

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys is too time sensitive to make more Rogue One figures. You're best bet is the Andor show, and I see more Imperials coming out of that than Rebels/Fringe characters.

Hot Toys is too time sensitive to make more Rogue One figures. You're best bet is the Andor show, and I see more Imperials coming out of that than Rebels/Fringe characters.

Krennic went up over 2 years after the film came out, and the Shoretrooper Squad Leader only went up about 6 months ago.

They're obviously going to make Cassian from the Andor series though and not the movie, and I doubt we'll ever get that Baze.

Krennic went up over 2 years after the film came out, and the Shoretrooper Squad Leader only went up about 6 months ago.

They're obviously going to make Cassian from the Andor series though and not the movie, and I doubt we'll ever get that Baze.

Also the Tank Trooper. ''Maybe'' they'll do some deluxe set for Cassian with his Rogue One look and Disney+ show look. Baze and Saw are relying heavily on them appearing in Andor or other Disney+ shows. Bodhi is one that'll never be made. I'd imagine no-one else from RO would be considered significant enough to warrant a figure by Hot Toys. Unless they do a Bail Organa to cover all shows/films, as Jimmy Smits more or less always looks the same regardless of how old he is.

I'm sure the hype will start soon. All it needs is a trailer for it to get out of the spoiler Reddit threads into mainstream consciousness.

Any word on when that is planned to drop ? I guess they tend to do that closer to the air date for Disney+ shows. Perhaps once Bad Batch is over ??

But yep definite potential. Really hope we get some major alien characters.

They dropped the Mando season 2 trailer exactly 2 months before release. However, for new shows they tend to drop them at SDCC or Celebration. Obviously, Celebration will be too late, as Andor looks likely for a Spring release. I think SDCC is having a special extra November show, so maybe then. They definitely do need to hype it up a little more as Book of Boba, Mando season 3, and Kenobi are significantly ahead in terms of hype right now.

Also the Tank Trooper. ''Maybe'' they'll do some deluxe set for Cassian with his Rogue One look and Disney+ show look. Baze and Saw are relying heavily on them appearing in Andor or other Disney+ shows. Bodhi is one that'll never be made. I'd imagine no-one else from RO would be considered significant enough to warrant a figure by Hot Toys. Unless they do a Bail Organa to cover all shows/films, as Jimmy Smits more or less always looks the same regardless of how old he is.

I think Saw Gerrera has the most probability to be made from RO for the Cassian series. He is being built to be the ultimate rebel pre-ANH.

Yeah, I keep thinking that it is Mando not Rogue One. I got to looking and comparing both the Assault Tank Commander and the Transport Trooper and they both have some similarities in the helmet/armor, so maybe that was a reason for releasing the RO Commander. I thought for sure Baze would get made (Asian market, Asian actor with buddy Chirrut produced). Never know with HT. I would just like some OT goodness before the onslaught of BoB/MandoS3/Andor hits.

It really depends on how many shows/movies get released for HT to dive deep into the new SW shows. Remember, Mando S1 and S2 have 2 years of no other SW content and Marvel and DC were down for 2020. For 2021 so far, we got 2 figures each for the 2 marvel shows. Marvel is still hot so HT will surely allocate some releases to their new movies coming.

I hope SW gets a lot of releases for the new shows but it might not be the same level as we got for Mando seasons. If they really do have problems releasing Han Solos, I don't think we will see much OT figures next year besides Bespin Luke. Maybe 1-2 PT figures.

I am really out on Marvel right now. Got my core Avengers and I don't see much new stuff I am excited about figure wise till F4. HT could be one or two figures and done for each new D+ show/movie for awhile now. HT might go back on past glory like they are now and just reissue expensive secondary market figs. Lots of growth with SW cause SW fans are nuts like me and will pay for a character that gets seconds of screen time.

I am really out on Marvel right now. Got my core Avengers and I don't see much new stuff I am excited about figure wise till F4. HT could be one or two figures and done for each new D+ show/movie for awhile now. HT might go back on past glory like they are now and just reissue expensive secondary market figs. Lots of growth with SW cause SW fans are nuts like me and will pay for a character that gets seconds of screen time.

Marvel's best days are way behind them. That is why you see the reissues of all the Iron Man 2 stuff happening. Marvel's popularity will only continue to decrease without RDJ, Evans, and Thanos as a villain. The toy sales are going to nosedive. Most of the movies probably won't totally bomb but you won't see the numbers they are accustomed to. I think Eternals will not do well.. It is going to be interesting to see the Hot Toys Star Wars/Marvel split going forward.

Yep, I found both shows to be kind of lackluster, especially WandaVision.

Loki has potential if it's just well executed dumb fun like Guardians of the Galaxy movies are.

Marvel's best days are way behind them. That is why you see the reissues of all the Iron Man 2 stuff happening. Marvel's popularity will only continue to decrease without RDJ, Evans, and Thanos as a villain. The toy sales are going to nosedive. Most of the movies probably won't totally bomb but you won't see the numbers they are accustomed to. I think Eternals will not do well.. It is going to be interesting to see the Hot Toys Star Wars/Marvel split going forward.

I agree except popularity will return to RDJ levels as soon as MCU X-Men & Wolverine makes an appearance. The upcoming phase is definitely underwhelming.

Bad Batch is a failure. The only thing keeping Star Wars going right now is Mando and the upcoming Ashoka and Fett shows.

I agree except popularity will return to RDJ levels as soon as MCU X-Men & Wolverine makes an appearance. The upcoming phase is definitely underwhelming.

Bad Batch is a failure. The only thing keeping Star Wars going right now is Mando and the upcoming Ashoka and Fett shows.

I don't know enough about the popularity of X-Men to really comment other than to say I would be shocked if it ever got close to Infinity War/Endgame type levels of success. Especially since it will be infused with modern day Disney agenda stuff.

I don't think Bad Batch was ever going to be anything more than what it is, a cartoon for kids that some adults also enjoy. The people thinking HT was going to make the whole team were crazy. The Mando, Fett, Ahsoka shows are indeed the foreseeable future of Star Wars. Probably be a lot of HT figures coming from all of them, plus the occasional OT/PT release.

Back