Hot Toys Disney+ Figures "The Mando" + "Cassian" + "Kenobi" + "The Book of Boba Fett"

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Do you ever wonder if instead of Din Djarin, the Mandalorian was Boba Fett, same show and exact same plot, but it's Boba Fett. Do you think it would have worked? Or would we be saying Boba would have never had a soft spot for Grogu, etc?

I've always said this since season 1. If anybody were to watch the entire first season on mute and they had given Din Djarin green and maroon armor, there's no way anybody would have known it was somebody different than Boba.

Youtube would've been littered with videos about Boba and Jango's parenting skill comparison and parallels:lol

Do you ever wonder if instead of Din Djarin, the Mandalorian was Boba Fett, same show and exact same plot, but it's Boba Fett. Do you think it would have worked? Or would we be saying Boba would have never had a soft spot for Grogu, etc?
Some of the initial concept art in S1 shows Boba Fett instead of Din.

I’m sure that was Favreau’s original plan. I believe he said something to that effect. Some bright spark at Lucasfilm obviously told him he couldn’t use Boba as the main character as they had other plans for him. Sadly those other plans were for him to be a crime-hating crimelord imbecile in a dressing gown offering his bathtub out to all and sundry.

The Boba I know would have sold the Groginator back to that Imperial remnant German guy and walked off without turning a hair. That Boba abandoned and divorced his wife and never gave her support for his own baby or appeared in his little girls life even once. Only once he was in his seventies did he relent.

A show where Boba took pity on a *bounty*? Hell no. And that is the thing about Boba that Disney does not get and will never get.

Had they wanted to go that route we could have seen Mirta Gev. Nope. We got the scooter gang. Its enough to make you throw stuff around the room. At least, if youre a fan.

I watched part I of Patterson/Pentex edit of BOBF. It included relevant sections from Mandalorian and became a cohesive story. I enjoyed it much more than the original show (BOBF). Can't comment on part 2, didn't watch it yet.

The Boba I know would have sold the Groginator back to that Imperial remnant German guy and walked off without turning a hair. That Boba abandoned and divorced his wife and never gave her support for his own baby or appeared in his little girls life even once. Only once he was in his seventies did he relent.

A show where Boba took pity on a *bounty*? Hell no. And that is the thing about Boba that Disney does not get and will never get.

Had they wanted to go that route we could have seen Mirta Gev. Nope. We got the scooter gang. Its enough to make you throw stuff around the room. At least, if youre a fan.
All very true of EU Fett. I totally agree, that Fett wouldn't have given the little green thing a second thought.
Disney Fett however, as the caring and respectful man he is, probably would adopt little greeny.

I can't believe no one on set protested this 🤣🤣🤣
like-a-bantha-bantha.gif

Well, he looks about 70 tbf.

Even having Din's story for Boba, while not perfect, would've been better than what we actually got.

In reality they should've kept him to cameo roles, or secondary character status, and have him as the bad guy, sometimes at the forefront, mostly in the shadows. Boba deceiving Mando into thinking he's good and ultimately betraying him to Gideon, Thrawn or whoever. They're probably beyond that point now. Making him the good guy straight off the bat was a fatal and near irredeemable mistake, especially with already having an iconic Mando good guy in Din. The more time goes on the decision just seems crazier and crazier, what the hell were they thinking?!

I think it was originally written for Fett but after the Solo fiasco they decided to go with an original character. Probably a rare good move by Disney in hindsight.

I often wonder that Faverau purposefully wrote the Boba Fett show as crap as it was so as not to put his baby (Mando show) into second place.

I often wonder that Faverau purposefully wrote the Boba Fett show as crap as it was so as not to put his baby (Mando show) into second place.

Ringadingdingdingding, we have a winner folks. Because I too have often thought this was the case.

To add to the confusion was the fact that we saw Boba at his absolutely most savage on Tython, he was throwing down like Captain Fordo on crank and we were all about to jump out of our chairs. What the what...!!???? LOOK AT THIS GUY

Then he's on the throne like an absolute effing boss with Fennec all handy nearby, yup this is his fiefdom and everybody better recognize. AT LAST, our boy about to get the recognition he deserved.

Disney: haha NOPE

WHY do us like that? What purpose does it serve? Why annoy your loyal fans? These are rhetorical questions only. Better to not have him at all, than do what they did.

Really hard to determine which figures they will make from Cassian at this point. Even Cassian's look changes a lot.

I think the initial outfit on Ferrix with the hood and brownish-red colored coat is most likely.

A perfect option would be a DX with his RO look but I think that ship has sailed.

I think the initial outfit on Ferrix with the hood and brownish-red colored coat is most likely.

A perfect option would be a DX with his RO look but I think that ship has sailed.
Rogue One look will be for Season 2. It leads right up to the movie, so chances are high they will match his same R1 outfit.

Then all Hot Toys needs to do is presumably re-use the same headsculpt made for S1 (assuming we get a Cassian) and give him the Rogue One clothes.

That's at least my hope in what they do. We'll probably get no figures knowing my luck.....

Ferrix Cassian and B2EMO I would be all over. The lady Maarva too, those 3 together would be class. R1 Cassian would be welcome too of course. Bix - I can’t think of a better looking actress in SW history.

I worry HT will go light on Andor though as the characters are less flashy than some of the garbage in Obi Wan and BoBF.

Ferrix Cassian and B2EMO I would be all over. The lady Maarva too, those 3 together would be class. R1 Cassian would be welcome too of course. Bix - I can’t think of a better looking actress in SW history.

I worry HT will go light on Andor though as the characters are less flashy than some of the garbage in Obi Wan and BoBF.
Mon Mothma is still up there too I reckon.

Yeah but Mon Mothma would be hard to resist for many simply due to the ties back to the OT.

She's pretty central to the whole thing.

Back