Action Figure Hot Toys CW tv series Flash

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like this and plan to get it, but... man it's really hard to justify preordering when these figures are so far out.

Yes, I'm waiting on pulling the trigger as well. I also have a boatload of figures on order already, so I'll let some of those roll in so my reward points accumulate and I can drive down that $250 price tag a bit.

I almost ordered, then looked at the pics of the actual costume, looked at the SooSoo toys version, then at the HT version and thought:?Nayyyy! SooSoo is actually closer!?

The colors look better on the SooSoo version, but that's about it. The tailoring is much better on the HT prototype, plus I'm sure the sculpt will be better as well.

I am surprised that HT seems to be going with one-piece boots just like SooSoo. I thought they'd make them two-piece so we can put him in more extreme running poses.

I almost ordered, then looked at the pics of the actual costume, looked at the SooSoo toys version, then at the HT version and thought:?Nayyyy! SooSoo is actually closer!?

Yeah I was thinking the same thing, as not only do the colors look better but the slimmer proportions as well. All you'd need to do is replace the oversized head with a parted out HT one when it becomes available.

That said, I do still prefer the overall quality of the HT figure, so would probably just try to mod that one instead by darkening the red and putting it on a taller and slimmer body.

Bought the SooSoo Toys "Paranormal Detective" (Constantine), can't wait to display it next to the Flash. I hope HT will do more CW figures.

I like the suit design, and the comics character, but have not seen the show. May have to nab this one to go along with Supes and Bats, as I'm not fond of the design from JL.

Then for God's sake, DON'T watch the show. Just enjoy your love of the character and the look of the suit design...

Ordered from BBTS finally. Had to weigh which Flash I wanted and this is at the top of my list. Not much discussion here for a while. I prefer this design to any of the other figures of the flash out or coming out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Has there been any sighting of the Grant Gustin head sculpt over any of the various cons?

I've been holding off pre-ordering until then so far.

Has there been any sighting of the Grant Gustin head sculpt over any of the various cons?

I've been holding off pre-ordering until then so far.

Given that its been well over 1/2 year I thought I'd give this thread a bump again - just in case anyone has seen/heard anything?

This figure is (provisionally) due in just 2 months, so it seems really odd to me that there has been NO revelation of a Grant Gustin sculpt.

Given that its been well over 1/2 year I thought I'd give this thread a bump again - just in case anyone has seen/heard anything?

This figure is (provisionally) due in just 2 months, so it seems really odd to me that there has been NO revelation of a Grant Gustin sculpt.

Not odd, they don't really update us much on anything anyway. Otherwise people would've been complaining about Smilin' Scott Lang and Botox Tony months in advance.

It's probably safe to assume that if the sculpt is blurred when it goes up for PO, then we won't see it until the crappy blogger hits drop on Hot Toys facebook page.

Yea I think the Mk85 head sculpt scared them a bit and tbh I wouldn?t be surprised if from now on they just keep the head sculpts blurred until final product photos are released. That way they can just fall back on that excuse if they decide to half ass another head sculpt

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man, I was looking to get this Flash instead of the Justice League one to be my 1/6 Flash, but looking over the photos today I realized this figure will have 0 ankle articulation, if the final product is just like the prototype. The boots are a single piece! How could they do this to a character that RUNS? Insane. I hope that we do see a boot cut on the final release, but I'm not holding out hope. Guess it's Snyderverse for me Dx

Not surprising, but I just received notice that this will be delayed again. Previously, my final flex at SS moved from May to June. Now it?s been pushed out to July. I bet we get at least one more delay before release.

Particularly a backlog of DC figures.

yup! unfortunately this just isn't high on their priority list. This figure particularly is probably at the very bottom, even for DC. We still don't even know what the Grant Gustin sculpt looks like.

I would actually love to have a Tyler Hoechlin Superman in his Superman and Lois suit. We'll more than likely never get it even though Superman seems to sell well. All the HT superman figures, with the exception of Man of Steel, sold well. The entire MoS line took awhile to sell out if I remember correctly.

yup! unfortunately this just isn't high on their priority list. This figure particularly is probably at the very bottom, even for DC. We still don't even know what the Grant Gustin sculpt looks like.

I would actually love to have a Tyler Hoechlin Superman in his Superman and Lois suit. We'll more than likely never get it even though Superman seems to sell well. All the HT superman figures, with the exception of Man of Steel, sold well. The entire MoS line took awhile to sell out if I remember correctly.

I'd actually like a TH Superman figure, plus one could use the head sculpt for a Teen Wolf Derek Hale bash! :lol

Last edited:
Back