Hot Toys Comic-con Reveals 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
And Finally heres what Im hoping for, but not expecting, but still hoping, but totally not expecting cause it won't happen, but if it did OMG:

DX Captain America from TFA

A4ZTwhw.gif

This does make sense... usually Saturday is the biggest day of SDCC and that event only runs for four full days, whereas Sideshow is doing seven (what possessed them to try that, I've no idea).

Manufactured hype to drive traffic to their site. They're just trying to make something of this weird time. I'm sure there's marketing behind it, but somewhere there's probably a modicum of excitement given all that's going on in the world. It might not be hitting the way they want it to, but eh. No need to watch any of it, can always grab the photos afterwards. Ever since they cut Susan none of their live content has been strong anyways.

I would love to know how much of this designer "art" they actually sell. Perhaps there is a bigger market for it than I realize. I'm all for supporting artists on this platform for products that people actually want, but it's just a waste of time for me to tune in for this stuff that I have no interest in. Ugh!

Stylized vinyl and cutsy stuff is a huge market. I mean you gotta think back that folks like Kid Robot have been doing designer pieces for nearly 20 years now; there're others that have been in this longer than that. 1/6 is probably a niche in comparison. With Funko being so successful I can't help but understand why HT has put such a push behind their cosbaby line too. It's free revenue.

Stylized vinyl and cutsy stuff is a huge market. I mean you gotta think back that folks like Kid Robot have been doing designer pieces for nearly 20 years now; there're others that have been in this longer than that. 1/6 is probably a niche in comparison. With Funko being so successful I can't help but understand why HT has put such a push behind their cosbaby line too. It's free revenue.

Yep.

The designer/vinyl scene is huge, there's a reason why Sideshow is trying to tap into the market now. It makes perfect sense from a purely business standpoint. Personally, I'm all for it since it means lesser known artists will get more exposure.

Hey, I'm happy with all this online convention stuff. I got ALL the exclusives I wanted without having to crawl to scalpers XD

In all seriousness though, yeah the streams on sideshow got stale yesterday. I'm hoping we all get our minds blown tomorrow!

My biggest wants are:

-Finally show the finished Alita (the delays have been brutal)

-Mantis

-Cara Dune

-Ahsoka to go with Obi-wan and Anakin

-'66 Joker or Batgirl

-2019 Joker

-Cable

And that's about it!

The sculpted hair is pretty cool. I'd get her if I still had my BVS stuff.

Damn, I was hoping they'd do a 1/4 Batfleck though. Not that I need anything more on my preorder horizon, but it would've been cool to see.

One of my wants! CABLE YES! :clap

But what really took the cake for me was Zombie Iron Man! The look of that blew my friggin mind! Instant PO

And lastly Anakin is the only other one I really care about. Missed out on the EP 3 one and glad for it, this Clone Wars one looks awesome!

Wooop, called it! Cable, WW84, I was thinking they'd do the FFH Iron Man but didn't say.

That means my last called it! Will be Phoenix Joker, Logan, Catwoman.

The virtual tour is still yet to happen right? I'm assuming more will be shown at the tour?

Tast Master, Black Widow and new Spiderman shown.

The virtual tour is still yet to happen right? I'm assuming more will be shown at the tour?

Tast Master, Black Widow and new Spiderman shown.

I doubt anything will be shown on that tour that we haven't now seen. Looks like that new WW84 figure is it for DC this year.

All in all the show had nothing unsurprising (Iron Mans and Spidermans, Anakins and Obi-Wans, Luke Skywalker and Wonder Woman) and not even all of what you might have expected (Avengers 1 Thor 2.0).

Meh.

The Snowspeeder Luke surprised me a little. Just didn’t expect to see it yet I guess. Very pleasantly surprised to see that Classic Spidey out there. I guess the the thing that caught me off guard the most was the STAP for Anakin. I like it a lot more than I should.

For the most part these are all decent reveals, albeit fewer than hoped or expected. I know this doesn’t reflect what all they will be announcing throughout the year, but the lack of characters like Bespin Lando, Bespin Han, Mace Windu, Queen Amidala, Ep II Anakin, Senate Guard, Ashoka, Sith Rey, Cara Dune, Trinity, Morpheus, white costume Valkyrie, Okeyo, Black Manta, Ocean Master, and Mera, not to mention updates/release confirmations on Padme, Mantis, Yon-Rogg, green suit Captain Marvel, Ebony Maw, Corvus Glaive, Cyborg, sonar suit Batman and Robin continues to be a frustration.
I was shocked to see Cable. Hopefully that will mean HT Domino, Colossus and Juggernaut. Although I’m hoping MCU upgrades Colossus and Juggernaut and adds Copycat for Deadpool III.

Hey, I'm happy with all this online convention stuff. I got ALL the exclusives I wanted without having to crawl to scalpers XD

In all seriousness though, yeah the streams on sideshow got stale yesterday. I'm hoping we all get our minds blown tomorrow!

My biggest wants are:

-Finally show the finished Alita (the delays have been brutal)

-Mantis

-Cara Dune

-Ahsoka to go with Obi-wan and Anakin

-'66 Joker or Batgirl

-2019 Joker

-Cable

And that's about it!

We’re never getting ‘66 Batman anything again

Back