Hot Toys Comic-con Reveals 2020

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow, I'm shocked. 2099 is still available! Feel like I wasted a bit too much energy in waiting for it :rotfl

Well, this is probably the worst SDCC to date. :lol

Truly the worst.

I think Hot Toys will knock it out of the park tomorrow with their virtual tour, though. We know they haven't even shown WW84 + Golden Armour, Harley Quinn variants, unreleased Avengers Endgame, Hellboy, Pennywise, Alita etc. yet so we still have them to see, and there'll undoubtedly be some new surprises - still holding on to the hopes of Phoenix Joker, Logan etc.

But Jesus, Sideshow have produced the worst show. Credit to them for doing something. But duping people into seeing the same tours over the course of three days, showing the exact same stuff on 5 different occasions billed or made to be believed to be something new is awful. There didn't need to be a 6 day event for this. Show your Sideshow stuff in the course of one day, Hot toys the next, boom, two days, save everyones time, expectation and frustration.

Usually during SDCC, this place is hopping

It's very sad this year. I was hoping they'd somehow be able to recreate that buzz from home. But it's actually depressing seeing next to nothing all dressed up for show and repeatedly shown. Those ****ers at Sideshow flat out lied about new figures being added.

It's very sad this year. I was hoping they'd somehow be able to recreate that buzz from home. But it's actually depressing seeing next to nothing all dressed up for show and repeatedly shown. Those ****ers at Sideshow flat out lied about new figures being added.

Sideshow lost itself years ago. Each event just gets worse

Honestly, I hope tomorrow is just as lame as the past two days have been. :lol

Does anyone know if Hot Toys tour is being done by Sideshow tomorrow or Hot Toys are releasing it themselves? They'll definitely save the shambles that is Sideshowcon 2020.

I was hoping to see some Prime1 pieces as well but nada. Shame the con was cancelled this year. To be honest I'd rather Sideshow not have done anything rather then stretching out copy paste over so many days pretending each time something is new. Whoever came up with that idea is an idiot.

They didn't add anything new today? I thought I saw some new stuff, but admittedly it was extremely niche designer-type merchandise.

It's been awful so far but aren't we throwing the towel in too soon? I would assume they save the best stuff for the weekend.

It's been awful so far but aren't we throwing the towel in too soon? I would assume they save the best stuff for the weekend.

This does make sense... usually Saturday is the biggest day of SDCC and that event only runs for four full days, whereas Sideshow is doing seven (what possessed them to try that, I've no idea).

Remember 10 years ago? 8 years ago?

Man, I miss that.

There is absolutely nothing I'd spend a cent on from what is being shown here. Even if they were free and I'd have to pay the shipping I'd say no. And if they were free, I'd just sell them.

Just utter trash man.

Last edited:
I would love to know how much of this designer "art" they actually sell. Perhaps there is a bigger market for it than I realize. I'm all for supporting artists on this platform for products that people actually want, but it's just a waste of time for me to tune in for this stuff that I have no interest in. Ugh!

I knew the Sideshow event would be nothing. Obviously HT is saving everything for the Virtual Tour :lecture. What do you think we will see tomorrow ?

I'm expecting there to be a big push for Wonder Woman 1984, we might see:

WW classic costume with the new sculpt

Cheetah figure

Also expecting announcement/reveals for Black Widow

Black suit

White suit

Task Master

Red Guard

Then for Star Wars:

Probably more Mandalorian figures

Ep 1 Obi wan

ROTJ Vader

Avengers :

Valkyrie

The rest of A1 cast from Endgame

Would like to see Ebony Maw

And Finally heres what Im hoping for, but not expecting, but still hoping, but totally not expecting cause it won't happen, but if it did OMG:

Aliens Ripley (maybe first female DX )

DX Captain America from TFA

Catwoman

Diecast Mark 1

Diecast Terminator 1 Endo

They should really release it first thing on their own Facebook page. Followed by a huge album of pics and specs and pics of key figures guaranteeing their release. This day last year, BD Tony went up the morning of preview night.

On a glass half-full front, typically SDCC starts on a Thursday with Preview Night.

Granted, this year's festivities are completely turned on its head, so the expectations are completely out the window.

Though, I will admit, seeing only 3 new Hot Toys figures on display is really, really strange, I'd expect to see 2-3 new SSC figures and 10-12 Hot Toys items.

At the same time, I doubt the designers have the same resources at home that they do in their offices. Considering SSC has been 'working from home' since March, probably, it's not a huge surprise that there's nothing from them. Same reasoning with Hot Toys. They're probably not able to source the same materials that they usually do, I imagine the fabric markets are closed down, but who knows? I'm not in China right now.

Having said all that, I think that expecting a big show with plenty of surprises is asking for disappointment.

Back