Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yeah ... I have a vague memory of some of your shelves with the customs etc., but I'm wondering what made the cut Star Wars-wise for the Mighty Wor-Gar?

Wow, well, I have a ton. I can't begin to recall all the Sideshow Star Wars figures I have in storage now, but I only started passing on their SW offerings when the Endor Rebel 3-pack arrived.

As far as Hot Toys:

ANH (11): Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, Chewbacca, R2 (SS 3PO standing in), Vader, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, Spacetrooper, Sandtrooper

ESB (6): Vader, Fett, Snowtrooper, Luke Hoth Pilot, DX07 Bespin Luke, Leia Hoth

ROTJ (5): Fett, Jedi Luke, Emperor on Throne w- Royal Guard, Scout trooper w- speeder

PT (4): Maul, Dooku, Sith Anakin, Cody

RO (5): Krennic, Jyn, Deathtrooper, Tank Trooper, K2

Solo (1): Mudtrooper

Mando (6): Mando v2 with Grogu, Gideon, Dark Trooper, Nomad Fett, Sarlacc-Escape Fett

Last edited:
It’s so exciting to think we might get something on the level of the AOTC 20th for the OT. Don’t see why not tbh. If only they’d made more of an effort with ESB, such a shame. While ROTJ is probably my least favourite (I still adore the film) of the OT it’s my favourite for character designs.

Wow, well, I have a ton. I can't begin to recall all the Sideshow Star Wars figures I have in storage now, but I only started passing on their SW offerings when the Endor Rebel 3-pack arrived.

As far as Hot Toys:

ANH (11): Luke, Leia, Han, Ben, Chewbacca, R2 (SS 3PO standing in), Vader, Tarkin, Stormtrooper, Spacetrooper, Sandtrooper

ESB (6): Vader, Fett, Snowtrooper, Luke Hoth Pilot, DX07 Bespin Luke, Leia Hoth

ROTJ (3): Fett, Jedi Luke, Scout trooper w- speeder

PT (4): Maul, Dooku, Sith Anakin, Cody

RO (5): Krennic, Jyn, Deathtrooper, Tank Trooper, K2

Solo (1): Mudtrooper

Mando (6): Mando v2 with Grogu, Gideon, Dark Trooper, Nomad Fett, Sarlacc-Escape Fett
So many, and yet you don't have ROTJ Emperor. I'm disappointed in you, Wor-Gar.

I'd hope would skip Luke considering they went to the well twice on the ROTJ version already and the forthcoming Mando version with the uncanny valley head has a similar look but they'll probably go for it again and throw in the moving eyes and a cardboard backdrop and charge $300 for it.

What would be cool is a Leia/Boussh, a Bib Fortuna, an Admiral Ackbar and a Chief Chirpa ( or Logray). The big show piece set could be Endor Han & a new revamped Chewbacca with chain, bowcaster and as a bonus, the "Solo" bandolir (might as well dream big).

And if they really want to stop hearts, offer up their own version of Jabba!

I'd hope would skip Luke considering they went to the well twice on the ROTJ version already and the forthcoming Mando version with the uncanny valley head has a similar look but they'll probably go for it again and throw in the moving eyes and a cardboard backdrop and charge $300 for it.

What would be cool is a Leia/Boussh, a Bib Fortuna, an Admiral Ackbar and a Chief Chirpa ( or Logray). The big show piece set could be Endor Han & a new revamped Chewbacca with chain, bowcaster and as a bonus, the "Solo" bandolir (might as well dream big).

And if they really want to stop hearts, offer up their own version of Jabba!
Id be in for all of those.
More Ewoks a necessary.
They have the body,would have learnt from Wicket how to make Ewoks.
No brainer.
What may also work,would be a Rebel Commando.
They have the helmet and the clothes would be a cinch for them,yet basic non descript headsculpt holding it back.

C3PO would be another contender.

If they skipped out on making Dial of Destiny figures aka making figures for a NEW lucasfilm movie which they always do…then there’s a Harrison/Hot Toys issue

Obviously we’ll get a reissue Boba Fett. I’m hoping for a proper upgraded 2.0 for that one, but we’ll see. A reissue of the Emperor is also a safe bet.

New Vader seems very likely. Beyond that it’s anyone’s guess. Leia in disguise is probable. Maybe the speeder bike with Luke.

If there were ever going to go all out on an alien figure it would have to be Admiral Ackbar. While keeping my expectations in check, Ackbar is my great leap of faith. I bet they do it.

Obviously we’ll get a reissue Boba Fett. I’m hoping for a proper upgraded 2.0 for that one, but we’ll see. A reissue of the Emperor is also a safe bet.

New Vader seems very likely. Beyond that it’s anyone’s guess. Leia in disguise is probable. Maybe the speeder bike with Luke.

If there were ever going to go all out on an alien figure it would have to be Admiral Ackbar. While keeping my expectations in check, Ackbar is my great leap of faith. I bet they do it.

Kuill is such a great figure. I would love more aliens from HT. Ackbar or Bib Fortuna would be a great choice.

They just redid Vader and boba… they need to release some new stuff and they will… zero value in releasing the same old same old regardless what version people want..but what do I know 8 million iron mans later

Back