Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I mean with ANH they covered the film pretty well. It would have been all re-releases. Who else would they have made (not counting side characters like Greedo)?

I think they made their mind late on that whole "anniversary lines" concept. Besides, they had most of the ANH main cast done by 2017. Betting on a huge 50th anniversary with lots of 2.0

No Indy 5 license sounds more like no Harrison Ford at all :panic:

Also saw no Shazam (lol) or Blue Beetle license, however they had both Flash and Aquaman. I'm sure some things can change this year, but was hoping an Indy license would give a Raiders of the Lost Arc Indy.

I think the fact the Book of Boba Fett Throne was displayed on top of the Jabba Dias and the Dias never came out with a Book of Boba Fett figure heavily teases Jabba himself will come with it now. Make it out of the same plastic as that Boba throne and keep Sideshow’s insanely priced polystone out of the package.

Come on? Why would ANH be such a big deal?!
1672601757165.gif

I mean with ANH they covered the film pretty well. It would have been all re-releases. Who else would they have made (not counting side characters like Greedo)?
That’s fair but 40th ESB figures weren’t all new figures either. We got 2 Fett figures (re-release deluxe and “retro” armor) and Vader, both of which weren’t even sold out for very long prior to their reissue. I think the original Vader was still instock at some places even. I could be wrong but I don’t think any other new ESB figures were under the anniversary banner with Kenner packaging aside from Lando and Snowspeeder Luke.

It wouldn’t all be re-releases though. Lots of ppl really want an ANH X-Wing Luke, especially considering how well Snowspeeder Luke came out.
I think they made their mind late on that whole "anniversary lines" concept. Besides, they had most of the ANH main cast done by 2017. Betting on a huge 50th anniversary with lots of 2.0
Good point. You’re probably right about the anniversary concept being developed after the ANH 40th had already passed. I didn’t think of that.

But yea, a 2.0 of some figures would be nice from ANH. Luke and Han more than any of them needs a new sculpt. And I selfishly want a reissue of Ben Kenobi since I had to sell mine a couple years ago.

Also saw no Shazam (lol) or Blue Beetle license, however they had both Flash and Aquaman. I'm sure some things can change this year, but was hoping an Indy license would give a Raiders of the Lost Arc Indy.
True but in the description they did mention “and more” on top of the ones in the video so who knows what else could be there? Maybe they are saving Indy for a special announcement that encompasses the entire Indy movies since it’s under Disney now and they don’t need to barrow the license from Sideshow like the original DX05? That way they can say they’re going to do figures from all the movies and get ppl hoping, when in reality may end up with only the DoD figure with an included young Ford sculpt :lol

Last edited:
A Hot Toys George Lucas 2.0 at today's standards would be the cherry on the cake as a Star Wars turn 50 milestone figure.

My personal wish list for ROTJ 40th:

Endor Han
Admiral Ackbar
Wedge Antilles
Admiral Piett
Moff Jerjerrod
General Calrissian
Nien Numb

What we'll probably get:

Darth Vader
Boba Fett
Scout Trooper reissue
Stormtrooper reissue
Endor Leia reissue
Chief Chirpa

Sebastian Shaw reveal Vader.

2pk Han and Chewie with Carbonite block/and neck chain for Chewie.

Leia Boushh.

Reissue Fett

Bib Fortuna

Jabba

Chirpa/Logray 2pk

Reissue Luke.

Lando Skiff.

Vader is the only 1 I'd place money on 😁

Leia Boushh.

Reissue Fett

Bib Fortuna

Jabba

Chirpa/Logray 2pk

Reissue Luke.

Lando Skiff.

Don’t tease me…

Leia Boushh.

Reissue Fett

Bib Fortuna

Jabba

Chirpa/Logray 2pk

Reissue Luke.

Lando Skiff.

Boushh I would say is a real possibility. A relatively simple, semi-armored figure with a Leia sculpt they could reuse again by just slapping a different hair style on it. I’d definitely be interested.

If they finally do a TIE Pilot, I want it specifically to be the one who followed Wedge and Lando through the DSII till the bitter end with dogged determination and sheer will.

They could’ve just turned around and noped out at some point and no one would’ve blamed them but they did not quit.

A2A46D2D-D4AB-48C0-A4BB-86D54F67DDAA.gif

Granted they also didn’t really do their job and didn’t shoot any of the fighters down (a TIE/LN shot down the X-Wing) but still… Thank you all the same.

This is going to be a huge disappointment for various reasons, kind of like ESB.

- Hot Toys rarely makes Star Wars aliens.

- Issues with Harrison Ford.

- Slave Leia will be denied by Disney.

- General Lando is unlikely after seeing how badly ESB Lando has sold.

- We got a lot from ROTJ already with Luke, Palpatine, Leia, Wicket, Royal Guards, Stormtroopers, Scout Trooper.

I’ll be happy if we get Vader w/Shaw sculpt but I’m not expecting a huge collection like AOTC.

I can't imagine HT would make Jabba... but I'd love to see it.

ROTJ anni smells like Shaw Vader only. Everything else has been done, and no Ford, and I doubt they'll go back to Calrissian or Ewoks.

Strangely, of all the possible Lucas Star Wars Anniversaries they could have done, HT of course picks the grandly accepted worst Star Wars Prequel to go nuts on.

HT dgaf about the OT.

We’ll get-
- Vader with Shaw sculpt and usb lightsabre
- Luke dlx rerelease with usb lightsabre to make 1.0 owners buy again.
- Boba Fett rerelease
- Stormtrooper rerelease
- ESB Yoda with deathbed accessory…

What I’d like to see;
- Gamorean Guards that don’t look like belly dancers
- Oola the actual dancer from Jabba’s palace
- Admiral Ackbar
- Mon Mothma
- Nien Nunb

I’ve got Sideshow’s Jabba, Bib Fortuna, Boushh Leia and Skiff Lando so don’t really need to upgrade.

Back