Hot Toys celebrates Star Wars Return of the Jedi 40th anniversary

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ROTJ Fett was announced in 2015. They would not reissue an 8 year old figure even if they could; that’d be terrible for what it’d cost today.

There’s been a lot of general improvements with figures since then. The original holds up pretty well, but they can get closer to a person in a suit look now if they try.

Diecast would not be good. Would just artificially add to the price without adding any benefit.
batman_dc-comics_gallery_63dab67a75ec0.jpg

I agree that ROTJ Boba could really use an upgrade though, but HT keeps setting new precedents, so you never know. Will they reissue a 10 year old version, or improve on a version that *just came out? With HT you never know! :lol

View attachment 634252

I agree that ROTJ Boba could really use an upgrade though, but HT keeps setting new precedents, so you never know. Will they reissue a 10 year old version, or improve on a version that *just came out? With HT you never know! :lol

haha, it’s true but I feel like the Dark Knight Trilogy license falls into some kind of weird special category where time has no meaning.

They honestly don’t seem to care what they release and when for that line as long as there’s something out. Maybe it’s to do with keeping the license active; who knows.

If they recycle a near decade old Fett though... That’d be a dark day for the Star Wars line.

It’s a shame Andor isn’t viewed as more toyetic, and there is truth to that. I respect Hasbro for making all those characters in 6” even though they would’ve made more sense in 3.75”. But I don’t see them flying off the shelves.

Not "toyetic" my ass. I'd buy this dude in a heartbeat

y5xfrcupbwu91.png

Rather than straight-up re-issuing Luke I’d like them to improve the hs to something on the level of Mando Luke, include his Jabba’s Palace cloak, a USB saber, and stick him in a 2-pack with R2 and with his drinks tray.

Yeah you look at that pic and ask yourself - "why on earth did the ewoks not catch on"?

I mean look at them - so realistic, such interesting designs, so well executed. The way they were received you'd think they were dumb looking, sometimes totally unconvincing, often creepy and 50% of the time just looking like the obvious: a little person wearing a fake-fur halloween costume with zero facial movement

ewoks.png
Are there Ewoks in the pic? I could only see Leia :peace

Yeah you look at that pic and ask yourself - "why on earth did the ewoks not catch on"?

I mean look at them - so realistic, such interesting designs, so well executed. The way they were received you'd think they were dumb looking, sometimes totally unconvincing, often creepy and 50% of the time just looking like the obvious: a little person wearing a fake-fur halloween costume with zero facial movement

ewoks.png
Looks like they caught on well enough with Carrie there. It must be from that notorious deleted scene with the Ewok cocaine orgy.

Back