Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Think about it,

1). Getting real leather at these thicknesses (1mm) isn't easy (believe me I've tried for custom stuff).
2). Colour uniformity. Natural leather has natural random colour. They need the colour to be the same here for 1000's of figures.
3). Cost

Plus how do you know there aren't the same or other issues with real leather at this thickness and size ?
It's possible. Asmus made real leather jackets for their first 2 Aragorn figures if I remember correctly. I remember them posting an image with calipers showcasing how thin they managed to get it. As for color uniformity, they could (and probably would) dye the leather.
Its definitly doable its been proven lets face it the main reason they wont do it is number 3.

For people with experience with these belts do they completely crumble and disolve in the end or do they just flake but the structure holds at least?
I've found that it just depends. Sometimes just the leather looking part flakes off and the structure holds and other times it will all completely break apart like what happened with the DX05 Indy gun belt and bag strap.

They should really just be using as much plastic as possible. They’ve only a handful of plastic belts, straps, and holsters but they look fine.

I want 100% fabric and plastic figures to watch over my brain in a jar as the sun explodes.

I mean sure, they could use genuine leather but people are not going to be happy about paying even more for these figures.

The pain I will feel if this ends up being another teaser lost to the void.

Surely we finally get Cobb Vanth to go along with this? Who am I kidding… it’s Hot Toys…

We’ve seen our fair share of figures never materialize, but I don’t know if they’re crazy enough to do a full teaser for something like this and not release a figure.

They must know a lot of people would go crazy over it. They have no real reason to do this out of the blue without a figure incoming. There’s going to be a minor riot of would be Vaders if this doesn’t see the light of day.

ADCBBFD6-28A6-46FF-A94E-61440BEBBCC7.gif

I mean technically he’s no longer just a cartoon character. Not that there’s anything wrong with being a cartoon character.

He still strikes me as a live action cartoon. He was created as an in-joke, and his heritage was all too obvious.

I'll do my best to resist Hot Toys' advances. :lol

I have a mass of HT Star Wars on pre-order, but I'm starting to feel the burnout from so much constant Star Wars content, half of which is mediocre to say the least.

It's got to end sometime, right? :panic:

I keep drawing a line in the stand, but Hot Toys keeps stepping over it. :rotfl

bugs-bunny-cross-the-line.gif

Attachments

• bugs-bunny-cross-the-line.gif
    bugs-bunny-cross-the-line.gif
    4.2 MB · Views: 0
He still strikes at me as a live action cartoon. He was created as an in-joke, and his heritage was all too obvious.

I'll do my best to resist Hot Toys' advances. :lol

I have a mass of HT Star Wars on pre-order, but I'm starting to feel the burnout from so much constant Star Wars content, half of which is mediocre to say the least.

It's got to end sometime, right? :panic:

I keep drawing a line in the stand, but Hot Toys keeps stepping over it. :rotfl

View attachment 582933
It’s an Alien Space Cowboy, Asta, you know you want it.

This is cool and all, but epic fail if they don’t put Cobb up too. And with a head sculpt. Double epic fail if they just give him the boba helmet :lol

Curious as to what accessories this guy will come aside from a blaster and a hat 🤣

A Timothy Olyphant HS to go with the Cobb Vanth figure sold only with a Mando Helmet.

Last edited:
Interesting facial pic on the brighter image. Really hope they have a swap out facial expression (would be possible with that breather + hat), however they'll probably only go with the one, which I guess is OK. Something like this I guess.

View attachment 582907

Yeah, not to be a negative nancy but I'm already not feeling the sculpt. I'd love it if he was just baring his teeth, but full on open mouth is a weird choice.

Curious as to what accessories this guy will come aside from a blaster and a hat 🤣

Blaster, hat, recycled sand base, pointy teeth. That’ll be it, and it’ll be more than enough.

People sought out the Sideshow Cad Bane Denal figure just because of Cad Bane’s melon. No one is going to need much of a push to buy this.

The prosthetics for TBOBF for anyone that hasn’t seen it.

EF5CFE8A-A543-4A70-A87F-64796ED910C6.jpeg

The people who confidently predicated Hot Toys abandoned The Boba show and won't ever make anything else for it are proven wrong. They must be big mad right now.

Back