Hot Toys: Cad Bane - Book of Boba Fett 1/6 Scale Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I wonder what the tubes on his cheeks do. He didn't seem to miss it in disguise.

maxresdefault.jpg

I wonder what the tubes on his cheeks do. He didn't seem to miss it in disguise.

View attachment 585183
They're breathing tubes that help against being force choked, with all the force users running around during TCW and the line of work he was in, probably was a good investment. Safe to assume he decided to continue using them.

The disguise was him just running away from Anakin and Ahsoka and using clone trooper Denal's armor after killing him, the appearance lasted a minute in the episode.

I also wonder where the tubes were inserted as there were no holes on his cheeks.

Show version > Cartoon, especially in a realistic HT collection.
I agree. It would be interesting if Hot Toys does make a Clone Wars version later down the line similar to Ahsoka and Maul where it could appear differently from the live action versions.

I agree. It would be interesting if Hot Toys does make a Clone Wars version later down the line similar to Ahsoka and Maul where it could appear differently from the live action versions.

Hot Toys isn't double-dipping on this. Not unless he shows up in a new D+ show with a new look. HT made the decision to do a "life-like" take on the Clone Wars, and when that happened, it cancelled a lot of characters getting made that deserve to be made. They will make some prominent troopers (Fives, Echo, Wolffe) because the pieces are so reusable, but I doubt we see Assajj, Hondo, Quinlan, etc. I'd love to see HT do Grievous (probably die-cast) but who knows on that.

I don't think they will. Making a Deluxe set with Todo and the rocket boosters was likely their way of giving TCW fans Cad Bane.

They will make some prominent troopers (Fives, Echo, Wolffe) because the pieces are so reusable

Even that's not guaranteed. They can use the molds till they break but they're still only putting out a couple of Clones a year.

They've also said they try not to revisit figures they feel Sideshow has already done well, and there are factors keeping them from going further back in TCW aside from Anakin. Would've made sense to put some named Clones with the BARCs if they really wanted to push sales of those otherwise.

Not saying it's impossible; perhaps in the far future. Only one that feels possible to me might be a Phase 2 ARC Fives since Sideshow never made one.

The AOTC Clones and BARCs have taken up a big chunk of Clones production for 2023. They've still got a lot of The Bad Batch Seasons 1 and 2 figures to do which could be most of 2024~2025. Then the 212th and 212th Airborne could tie up 2025~2026 for ROTS 20th along with hopefully some other ROTS Clones.

2027 and beyond, maybe?

Theres no reason they couldn't do their own interpretation of those characters. The real problem is HT not seeing those characters as being worth their time. Most of us would buy whatever Clone Wars character they did. But HT has been very selective when straying away from the troopers. Only the surefire hits the general public will recognize.

I think there will definitely be another Cad release once HT see how well as this is selling. The same way they triple dipped on Darth Maul. Any chance they get to reuse a sculpt, they'll take it. All they have to do is change the costume.

Theres no reason they couldn't do their own interpretation of those characters. The real problem is HT not seeing those characters as being worth their time. Most of us would buy whatever Clone Wars character they did. But HT has been very selective when straying away from the troopers. Only the surefire hits the general public will recognize.

I think there will definitely be another Cad release once HT see how well as this is selling. The same way they triple dipped on Darth Maul. Any chance they get to reuse a sculpt, they'll take it. All they have to do is change the costume.

I didn't say they couldn't, and implied the same about time so I am not disagreeing with you per se. They also have a preference for tying their releases with new media and I think they're mainly trying really hard to space Clones out so collectors don't get a repeat case of Clone fatigue like under Sideshow.

I don't know about sticking to Clones only recognizable by the general public though. Cody, Rex, and 501st, sure. Plain Clones, yeah. But the Coruscant Guard don't make a ton of appearances (but got prioritized for TCW S7), Clone Pilots are blink and you'll miss them, the EU Appo is obscure, and the 501st Heavy skin even more so.

Another Cad Bane is not completely out of the question but it just feels unlikely.

It would also not be just a simple matter of reusing the sculpt. People grumble about the Mandalore Maul sculpt but there would be a ton of very loud, very boisterous complaints from vocal Cad Bane fans if they make a TCW version and reuse the TBOBF sculpt.

Would people still buy it? Ultimately yes. But why go through all that just to make a compromised figure that to them probably looks about the same anyway. Just with a bigger hat. Borrowing your phrase, doesn't seem worth their time. I think the TBOBF Deluxe is as close to a TCW Cad Bane figure as we will likely get.

Last edited:
Back