1/6 Hot Toys BvS: Dawn of Justice - Superman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes i seen that its the glue or sticky tape that is used to fix the collar on the suit.
Wondering what was the fix some used, paint (just the neck area not the whole suit its not needed) or clean it with some product?

Yes i seen that its the glue or sticky tape that is used to fix the collar on the suit.
Wondering what was the fix some used, paint (just the neck area not the whole suit its not needed) or clean it with some product?
I painted that area with a dark blue mix to match the color of the suit. Painting just the underside won't do it though, you need to paint both sides. No need to repaint the whole suit.

Last edited:
I can’t even find the post for the Hot Toys Man of Steel figure so I’ll just post this here. Pretty damn sweet overhaul to the original figure, right?

View attachment 543436
View attachment 543437
View attachment 543438
View attachment 543439
View attachment 543440
View attachment 543441
View attachment 543442

It's nice, specifically the added muscle definition to the shoulders and thighs. However, the headsculpt is the warped KO Rocco JL sculpt that was floating around on eBay for awhile and not the legit sculpt. So even with Jacob's nice repaint, not only is that the wrong sculpt for MOS, it's also a warped sculpt so he looks a little wonky IMO. Then, to do all that work to repaint the suit, but not paint the base body a nice shiny silver to shine through seems wrong. Lastly, no collar mod or pleats in the cape. I appreciate the effort. But given Jacob's amazing talent, I expect more honestly.

The following is personal preference:
One of the things that irks me about a lot of ppl who repaint the Cavill suits, is they paint the darker areas as well as the metallics ON the suit. I get it. It looks nice and creates the appearance, but comes off too airbrushed. If I'm going to spend that much money on a custom, I'd preferred it to be done like the real suit. It would look better IMO if they took the time to mod and paint the base body with the shiny silver (or chrome depending on what movie you're going for) as well as the black portions on the actual figure body. Then you just repaint the blue of the actual suit rather than painting in all the shadows and highlights on suit.

Last edited:
This is BvS Superman, right?

EE8D7514-70F9-49AA-9746-CCE53915B040.jpeg

Hey all,

I’m torn between getting this or the Josstice League version for my blue suit Supes to go along with my black suit, and I’m kind of apprehensive now with seeing some pics -

Is the orange/brown discoloration super common on this? Does anything help one way or the other? I’m looking to buy one new/sealed, and it will be kept in a humidity/climate controlled room, but I’m just curious if I need to also be looking to commission someone more well-versed than myself to paint/repair him.

Truth is, I like this suit the best besides the black suit, just kinda worried about potential issues.

Thanks all!!

Hey all,

I’m torn between getting this or the Josstice League version for my blue suit Supes to go along with my black suit, and I’m kind of apprehensive now with seeing some pics -

Is the orange/brown discoloration super common on this? Does anything help one way or the other? I’m looking to buy one new/sealed, and it will be kept in a humidity/climate controlled room, but I’m just curious if I need to also be looking to commission someone more well-versed than myself to paint/repair him.

Truth is, I like this suit the best besides the black suit, just kinda worried about potential issues.

Thanks all!!
Yeah I had the same dilemma a couple of months ago. Luckily @Nine Inch Nails told me about the brown/orange spot and I subsequently saw the stain when looking closely at a lot of pictures of the BvS Supes, so although my natural inclination was for this darker color suit I went with the Justice League Superman bk I didn’t want to deal with painting the costume.
Ultimately I am very happy with the choice, Justice League Superman is great looking, he probably would actually contrast better with your Black Suit Superman

Actually been thinking of picking this up. But the browning issue has me halt the brakes.

Should I try to bargain with sellers? Ive seen this as high as 500 bucks.

I was gonna say the same thing. I’m really hoping that InArt makes BvS Superman. (And while they’re at it Batman and Wonder Woman! I would love for InArt to make the entire JL for that matter.)

Considering that the actors no longer has the roles, I really don’t think we will see the dceu trinity in inart figure form

Considering that the actors no longer has the roles, I really don’t think we will see the dceu trinity in inart figure form
They said on a stream that they are going through with plans to make the Trinity. It makes no sense to cancel them, figures are made from movies past, present and future, why stop making them just because they've finished their time with their respective roles?

Has anybody swapped the bvs body for the JLab/nightmare chromed one?
Proportions are the same but I'm curious about the look with the chrome shining under the suit...

Back