1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I watched and followed Dean’s video to mod the chest but never saw the one to fix the tab poking upwards problem. @Omega9300 Thanks for mentioning it because I didn’t know such a mod existed. On my own I never thought to try it. I would think that the cowl tab is so soft that even after reshaping it will eventually pop back up from the constant pressure of being pushed down into the chest. But anyway, after reshaping ithe tab with the hair dryer it’s holding its shape?
Hi Alatar,

Yeah it is holding its shape well so far.

This is my second attempt. Immediately after my first attempt the tab was down nicely almost flush with his chest. I went to check on him after a couple of days (he is in storage, not being displayed) and the tab had risen considerably.

So on my next attempt after heating and pushing the tab down I left the cowl on a shelf with a couple of small books to apply continuous pressure as it cooled. I left it like that overnight then put the cowl on he figure.

I’m not sure if having the pressure applied overnight was necessary but to this point at least it seems to have done the trick. The tab is now very close to being flush to his chest.

Later tonight I will take him out and see if the tab has migrated or not. I will post a picture

Hi Alatar,

Yeah it is holding its shape well so far.

This is my second attempt. Immediately after my first attempt the tab was down nicely almost flush with his chest. I went to check on him after a couple of days (he is in storage, not being displayed) and the tab had risen considerably.

So on my next attempt after heating and pushing the tab down I left the cowl on a shelf with a couple of small books to apply continuous pressure as it cooled. I left it like that overnight then put the cowl on he figure.

I’m not sure if having the pressure applied overnight was necessary but to this point at least it seems to have done the trick. The tab is now very close to being flush to his chest.

Later tonight I will take him out and see if the tab has migrated or not. I will post a picture
Maybe try cooling the heated area once it's in the place you want it.
Not sure if it's possible to take off the cowl and get the right spot. But you could always put the figure in the fridge / freezer for a minute I guess.

All I'm getting too is that these plastics can often hold their new position once cooled.

Letting it cool slowly allows it to return to original shape.

Yeah Hoody, I think some sort of quick cooling like placing the figure in the fridge or freezer might work really well.

It looks like the tab hasn’t moved much if at all since I took pictures the other day. I just took a few pics about an hour ago. The tab is not fully flush to the chest but it is flush with the cape which is still a big improvement from before the mod. That said, I could get the tab flush to the chest with a little dab of glue I suppose but that would be limiting in some ways.

At any rate here he is …

Attachments

• 9B3D148B-7CC2-40E6-8125-0CE5A16381E6.jpeg
    9B3D148B-7CC2-40E6-8125-0CE5A16381E6.jpeg
    128.6 KB · Views: 0
  • FD1E11F1-4E74-4A75-90A5-0DBB99B16AA8.jpeg
    FD1E11F1-4E74-4A75-90A5-0DBB99B16AA8.jpeg
    108.8 KB · Views: 0
  • 0C266985-894F-4BE6-8551-C96DEEA920CF.jpeg
    0C266985-894F-4BE6-8551-C96DEEA920CF.jpeg
    177.4 KB · Views: 0
  • 56012D1D-380C-4EA8-B90E-457331485D6D.jpeg
    56012D1D-380C-4EA8-B90E-457331485D6D.jpeg
    95.7 KB · Views: 0
Cool. I might need to do that beef mod. I always wanted to do it.

I remember some people were gluing that tab down. But that restricts all movement.
You really should try the beef mod, it really does make a big difference, not just as far as the relative position of the Bat Symbol, but also just to his overall powerful and menacing appearance

I remember some people were gluing that tab down. But that restricts all movement.

Yeah, as you say, from then on you can never change out capes after that and you’ll be stuck with the position of the head! Why I never glued it to the suit. 😬

As Omega said, absolutely do the chest mod! It’s super easy. Just snip the thread that was added to secure the zipper on the back of the suit. Use oval cotton makeup pads which are roughly the size of the figure’s entire torso. If I recall correctly I think I stuffed two of them flat over the entire torso, and one folded in half over the chest, i.e., pecs. Zipped suit up in the back. He’s a beast.

3EE66929-79AE-48FE-A4F5-56D065E6DF20.jpeg

As Omega said, absolutely do the chest mod! It’s super easy. Just snip the thread that was added to secure the zipper on the back of the suit. Use oval cotton makeup pads which are roughly the size of the figure’s entire torso. If I recall correctly I think I stuffed two of them flat over the entire torso, and one folded in half over the chest, i.e., pecs. Zipped suit up in the back. He’s a beast.

View attachment 585170
He is a beast! I would move the belt down a bit, looks a little high.

He is a beast! I would move the belt down a bit, looks a little high.

Oh haha yeah the belt kind of rode up on him there.

Edit: Hmm, I think it's just the angle of the photo maybe. That's about as low as it goes.

2F719C62-6FB0-4A1E-8AF0-FA919FD9A54F.jpeg

Going to be honest , I think alot of people are over beefing this figure. To the point that it kinda looks abnormal. Does it need to be beefed up? Yes and no.

The thing that’s bothering the figure is The symbol is just over sized.
41A29E4E-4D41-416E-B748-B315DF91075B.jpeg

I think dean’s mod is overkill. I did lucky’s JL mod and used the extra pad to put in the BvS and it gives it a reasonable buff to the chest area. You just have to work with the shoulders and abs to really give it that menacing Affleck look

View attachment 585180

Going to be honest , I think alot of people are over beefing this figure. To the point that it kinda looks abnormal. Does it need to be beefed up? Yes and no.

The thing that’s bothering the figure is The symbol is just over sized.
View attachment 585181

I think dean’s mod is overkill. I did lucky’s JL mod and used the extra pad to put in the BvS and it gives it a reasonable buff to the chest area. You just have to work with the shoulders and abs to really give it that menacing Affleck look
Yeah understood.
I think that is the issue with any such mod, like when is it “too much”.

What you have done looks really good!

I am happy with the Dean Knight mod approach but I used a few less pads.

Ultimately I am glad that these figures allow for us to do modifications here and there to customize these figures or make them more comic/screen accurate.

Ultimately I am glad that these figures allow for us to do modifications here and there to customize these figures or make them more comic/screen accurate.
Now just imagine how glad you’d be if Hot Toys made these figures without flaws in the first place and you weren’t spending ever increasing amounts of money on things that need to be altered and replaced straight out of the box.

That being said, This Batman still looks killer even without a custom cape, flattened neck tab and tampon-filled pecs
3465DBE1-58B4-46D6-96F6-FDFAB234AB8C.jpeg

Now just imagine how glad you’d be if Hot Toys made these figures without flaws in the first place and you weren’t spending ever increasing amounts of money on things that need to be altered and replaced straight out of the box.

That being said, This Batman still looks killer even without a custom cape, flattened neck tab and tampon-filled pecs
View attachment 585237
True!

You can normally see the lower 7/8 abdominal section.

View attachment 585179
Damn that's an epic pose + setup !!

Was so on the fence about the Batmobile. In the end couldn't justify the price, but pictures like this sure bring regret !

With the Tumbler re-release I had feeling of a 1% chance that Hot Toys might actually do their version.

Anyway.....space is also an issue.

Was so on the fence about the Batmobile. In the end couldn't justify the price, but pictures like this sure bring regret !

With the Tumbler re-release I had feeling of a 1% chance that Hot Toys might actually do their version.

Jazz inc has said they plan on releasing a licensed version of the Affleck Batmobile.

Thanks!
It was expensive and it is bloody huge too.
It is great to have but it hasn't been without it's issues. Poor fitting parts, broken parts, and new parts only fit the newer version. It is better that not having one but I would prefer a Hot Toys version.

Jazz inc has said they plan on releasing a licensed version of the Affleck Batmobile.
OK thanks for the info. But I guess all that means is a re-release with increased price to cover the licence fees.

I get it that "Licenced" means they can get inside info from WB etc. But for the Affleck Batmobile I can't imagine they will do much as it is already tooled.

Last edited:
Back