1/6 Hot Toys - BvS: Dawn of Justice - Batman

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
@T800, thank you for the clarification. I had watched a “cape swap” video on Ytube and now that you say that, it was a Superman figure. All I could remember about it was the person in the video snipping some of the sewing on the back of the figure and almost “tearing” the cape out of the suit up near the collar bone. Makes sense now that I think about how most Batman and Supes figures differ in suit construction.

Stripped the suit off this guy today and did some body mods to bulk up his triceps, traps, shoulders, and crotch. All pretty subtle changes, but I like the result and it was low stress since the suit comes off so easily.

DSCF4057-2.jpg

DSCF6406-2.jpg

DSCF6448-2.jpg

DSCF6446-2.jpg

Stripped the suit off this guy today and did some body mods to bulk up his triceps, traps, shoulders, and crotch. All pretty subtle changes, but I like the result and it was low stress since the suit comes off so easily.

View attachment 689480
Holy crap. I forgot about the bat butt on this guy. That's America's ass, captain America be damnned 🤣

Great work @rory :clap

@T800, thank you for the clarification. I had watched a “cape swap” video on Ytube and now that you say that, it was a Superman figure. All I could remember about it was the person in the video snipping some of the sewing on the back of the figure and almost “tearing” the cape out of the suit up near the collar bone. Makes sense now that I think about how most Batman and Supes figures differ in suit construction.
I would say that the person you watched was more than likely a little impatient. I’ve done it at least 3 times in the past for Cabil Superman figures and never had to snip the cape, tear it or anything like that. If you take a hairdryer to those areas it’ll eventually soften up that area to make it fairly easy to pull the cape out. There are clips sewn into the edges of the cap that slide into those slots and lock it into place. That’s the resistance most ppl feel when they’re pulling on the cape to get it off.
Right! What on earth was HT trying to do there?
Haha that’s whole piece is from tbe T800 bodies but is agree, no idea why HT decided to use that for that figure. They had already sculpted new arms and legs, then they get lazy on that and to torso with reuse. The torso is from the Cavil bodies.

Back