1/6 Hot Toys Black Widow - White Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I really like the figure, but some of these prototype pictures look quite unprofessional tbh. The ones where she's running/floating over the basepart of the stand just look silly and not quite up to HT's usual work. I think they did something like that for the FATWS Bucky as well. Maybe a new photographer?
They never used to show the base being used on a grey background before, used to be all 100% photoshopped backgrounds from the source material.

I’d definitely chalk it up to either a new photographer or a new mandate from the licensor to show the figure in a more “realistic” environment.

“At long last is lasting a little long, boys…”

Will use my points on this one. Looks good, but they didn’t use all the release pictures they had. None of the gun yielding shots were used! They were included in the Japanese “Figure King” preview! Can’t wait for the reveal of the main black and gold suit!

I’m going to pick up one of the rooted hair knockoffs. They aren’t perfect but I may prefer vs sculpted. I wonder if HT will also release Yelena since it will just be a head swap. Will have to see how she comes across in the movie.

Yeah the figure clearly looks awkward as hell in these promo pics and in any kind of action pose. But it's still a must buy for me due to the fantastic outfit and the fact it's such a unique look for the character. Plus I tend to keep all my BWs in museum poses anyway.

I really like the figure, but some of these prototype pictures look quite unprofessional tbh. The ones where she's running/floating over the basepart of the stand just look silly and not quite up to HT's usual work. I think they did something like that for the FATWS Bucky as well. Maybe a new photographer?
I guess they haven't had much time to prepare the pics for this one........

The static hair makes this look like a Marvel Legends. Every pose looks awkward and unnatural because she can't tilt her head up or down. Not a single pic has her turning her head. Like she got hit with a freeze ray. All the running poses look like shes mid-fall. :ohbfrank:

I've already said this, but if they're doing sculpted hair, they need to to have swap out 'In motion' hair sculpts.

Whereas on the endgame suit it looked quite figure hugging and fitted, this outfit looks very shapeless IMO, especially in the normal standing pics

Hmm, looks like Black Widow is able to make those stiff rods limp it seems...

198999895_10158077261367344_3932188641975854714_n.jpg

Pass. This just doesn’t look right as others have said. Here’s hoping for the black and gold to be announced. They could pretty much use the Endgame sculpt for it

It's the Endgame suit mold, and the Endgame head sculpt with side hair added. Why is this still taking a year to come out when it's basically the figure they already made in white? Lol, Is it just because that's tradition and they don't want people getting ideas about a fast release?

Don't get me wrong, I'm not upset or anything and I totally expected it, I'm just wondering out loud.

You’d think since they knew this would be getting released and that they’ve had the proto sitting for a year that they would have already had it far into production, but Hot Toys ways make very little sense

Back