Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

giphy.gif

I think I might be stealing this pose though. They're cool weapons that can really add some interest to the pose in this case.

51315947349_88656fe0d4_b.jpg

She somehow lost her pistols from her thigh holsters in that picture LOL!

Something I don’t get from this outfit is that this is supposed to be the OG Black Widow outfit from Melina, right? But this outfit has batons? Natasha did not get batons until AOU and those were designed by Stark and they were not on her back like that until IW. Are they trying to say batons like these have always been Widow program’s original equipment? (which they are not from the comics, they belong to Mockingbird) So confused…

Hey man if you get caught up in these kind of details how is any of the MCU enjoyable. There are much bigger inconsistencies than this.

Something I don’t get from this outfit is that this is supposed to be the OG Black Widow outfit from Melina, right? But this outfit has batons? Natasha did not get batons until AOU and those were designed by Stark and they were not on her back like that until IW. Are they trying to say batons like these have always been Widow program’s original equipment? (which they are not from the comics, they belong to Mockingbird) So confused…
I thought they were batons/magical transforming whip things, depending on the requirements of the scene. It's just a coincidince that they are very similar to the ones she got later on.... yes, that makes sense...

For those considering the Sideshow exclusive version, it's a timed exclusive (is this a first?)- after 7/25, it looks like it won't be available from Sideshow (they also posted about the timed window).
black_widow_timer.png

The same goes for the other Sideshow exclusives that were announced last week (Mark 1, Iron Strange, Armorized Deadpool). Not sure how I feel about this (or if this will actually be limited), but it'll certainly push people towards ordering the exclusives early on.

Suffice it to say, I was on the fence, but I think I'm jumping in. It also helps I have a $25 coupon expiring tomorrow.

Eh, just a ploy to force you to buy from them.

Just saw on Justin's insta that Sideshow has forced Toys Wonderland to temporarily shutdown. Sideshow knows its consumers are done with their BS shipping charges and markup of prices. The end is nigh!

I took the plunge and order the first ever BW exclusive from HT. Good thing I have $40+ reward points… I expect we will get this figure by 2023

I can see them doing another BW exclusive when they announce the A1 BW 2.0 or the IM2 BW 2.0. I can see HT churning out as many BW 2.0 as possible to milk the ScarJo BW brand going forward, just like what they have done with the IM brand…

Last edited:

It could be story justified by saying the Red Room Black Widows always used them, and Natasha stopped when she joined SHIELD to distance herself from them.

She only decided to go back to using them on the Avengers team since they were facing bigger threats than just as a SHIELD agent. Perhaps at her request, Tony made improved versions of batons to boost her close combat capabilities.

It could be story justified by saying the Red Room Black Widows always used them, and Natasha stopped when she joined SHIELD to distance herself from them.

She only decided to go back to using them on the Avengers team since they were facing bigger threats than just as a SHIELD agent. Perhaps at her request, Tony made improved versions of batons to boost her close combat capabilities.
Thanks for sharing! You should consider a career in writing movie tie-in novels! They typically provide way more background and motivation for characters, and I can totally see this explanation in there.

Thanks for sharing! You should consider a career in writing movie tie-in novels! They typically provide way more background and motivation for characters, and I can totally see this explanation in there.
Thanks! Would definitely love to do something like that as I do enjoy lore and background info, which seem important to you as well.

Don’t panic guys if you miss out on the exclusive..because of SS lousy limited time schtick…it only has the taskmaster shield

that’s the only difference

Don’t panic guys if you miss out on the exclusive..because of SS lousy limited time schtick…it only has the taskmaster shield

that’s the only difference

When I had glanced at skizzoid's post I momentarily thought this figure would be a limited release re the timer :panic: But then I saw it's just for the exclusive on SSC's site :lol

Back