Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
217004173_10158130732287344_2012631525511094065_n.jpg
I may have missed it, but at what point in the movie did her batons ever become malleable whips like that???

Dont worry I wasnt very interested in the movie as I was watching it either. I mainly remember the formfitting costumes, red guardian, and being disappointed by the taskmaster reveal.

Anybody here with the disney store Widow doll and HT Endgame Widow figure want to try swapping the accessories to see how it looks?

You know what is really surreal about this outfit…essentially in the actual MCU timeline..this black and white version is actually outdated since this takes place after CW before IW .

so although her final solo film gear was really impressive..in theory, this is an older outfit with her EG gear being her current and final outfit :horror

It’s really crazy when you think about this movie being a flashback film in the long run

I really don't remember that...I must have mentally checked out of the movie at that point lol.
Haven't even seen it yet. I would have if it had been the movie in my head, which would have included Hawkeye not killing her and Bucky shooting her, and meeting Fury....but they went with - whatever this is.

Am hard pressed to buy any Widow with vinyl hair. IMO outfit looks cool tho. Hafta wait and see when I see the film. Didn't think I'd pick up any more BW unless a comic classic version was released.

Haven't even seen it yet. I would have if it had been the movie in my head, which would have included Hawkeye not killing her and Bucky shooting her, and meeting Fury....but they went with - whatever this is.

Am hard pressed to buy any Widow with vinyl hair.
What 'this is' is actually a pretty awesome film. Besides taskmaster.

It was very promising at the start with the intro (especially during the Nirvana cover), exploring heavier, grounded themes. But it kind of just went back to typical Marvel-ness by the end.

Because this is a mid-quel and so late to tell a story with a character that is already dead, they have stakes so low, and scope so small, that I can dare say even lower than the first Ant-Man film. This whole movie happened within the last 10 mins of Civil War, chronologically . I think…

They still haven’t explained what happened to the small jar of Cross particles…I don’t think they will cover the “cure” again either…

Last edited:
If the story and plot were more developed …I think the action would‘ve even it out as a memorable MCU flick

It is a good action flick ..the CGI at times was weird but the physical action scenes were pretty entertaining and I thought location and scenery was top notch.

It just needed a good story

Yep not a coincidence on the boots

https://ew.com/movies/costume-designers-evolving-female-comic-book-characters-black-widow-loki/
Black Widow costume designer Jany Temime tells EW that a lot of those decisions came straight from Johansson herself. "Because that was her film, and she could choose," Temime says. During one of the initial fittings for the film, she brought Johansson racks of clothes from which to pick Natasha's wardrobe, and she wondered if the actress would choose "something more fashionable, more feminine," but she was surprised at how Johansson went right for the more basic but sturdy pants, shirts, and jackets.

"She picked up a look which was absolutely perfect for somebody who doesn't want people to think that she cares about the way she looks; nothing that screamed fashion, and nothing was planned to make her look sexy," Temime says. "She doesn't need to sell that. She always went for something which was simple and well-made and that she could move beautifully in, not representing a fashion-conscious girl but somebody who is feeling wonderful in her own skin."

That also meant any notion of putting her in high heels was nixed from the very beginning. "Actually, she refused to wear heels," Temime says of Johansson. "Always in the other [films] she was wearing heels on the boots, and she decided this year to not do that. She said, 'This is really uncomfortable and silly. I don't see why, because I'm a female character, I should wear heels. That's ridiculous. It's just an action-y role and I would wear something flat.'" Temime agreed, happy to finally "move on from 'the woman should wear heels' cliche and go into something much more realistic."

Natasha and her long-lost Russian assassin faux-sister, Yelena, spend all of Black Widow running around in flat-soled combat boots, not a wedge or high heel to be found. And the thoughtful updates were present from the ground up. Temime explains that while Natasha had a special white Black Widow suit made for her as "an American superhero," Yelena simply found her white mission suit on the plane, so it's not form-fitting. But more importantly, it does the job for which she needs it. "She was happy to find the right size, but that was the idea — it's more baggy, the fabric is different," Temime adds. "Her sister's white suit is American, Yelena's white suit is Russian, so it's much more utilitarian-looking. Her sister is a superhero, while Yelena's suit is a military sort of white suit. It's appropriate for missions in the snow. I just wanted to keep it functional."

Back