Hot Toys Black Widow - Black Suit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I also just remembered a couple of other things as well @rory about TBLeague bodies.

(1) The colour on the skin is totally off what exact colours that Hot Toys uses on their figures so possibly the two colours are going to clash. TBL has “Suntan”,”Wheat” and other names to classify the colours used on the silicone body, so your going to possibly have a hard time to get a correct match.

(2) Besides the type of materials used in both TBL and Hot Toys body shells, there’s going to be more of a challenge to put the suit back on the TBL shells, so baby power, corn/tapioca (potato starch?) will have to be used. Don’t know if the TBL shells will dry out after a certain amount of time.

Guarantee that you will definitely will have colour bleed onto the body if a heavy dye is used on the costume and transferred onto the body itself (I actually have a dark purple stain on my copy of Arwen v.2 legs as the bottom part of the Death Frock is deep purple in colour and it transferred over after time inside that clamshell during storage or shipping it over to West Coast part of Canada).

Don’t know if I left anything else. If so, then I’ll let the TBL experts fill in the missing details.

4055AAAB-0407-45AC-A502-1443B4087824.jpeg
AF110190-5CC1-4FBF-8A2B-1F7B72415D01.jpeg

Took the figure out for some photos and I think this suit is the best one yet. A shame that she’s under scaled by a bit.

Beautiful shots joloestrella! I agree, I love the suit. Though I'm torn if I prefer the backpack on, or the more svelt profile without it.

I did some modding here, I added a bit of foam to both sides of her traps to give a more natural slope to them, and fill out some of the gap where her shoulder meets here torso. Looks a little more seamless now, rolling from her neck, down her traps and into her shoulder armor. I just slid the foam right in between her suit and body.

Before shot (screengrabbed from Jusitin's review cuz I didn't think to take one).

Screen Shot 2023-01-15 at 12.33.51 PM.png

After shots, more screen accurate I think, and a little less "toy-like"

IMG_6439 2.JPG

IMG_6470.JPG

106429652-1607621178996-106429652-1583525430557blackwidow2cropped.jpg

Last edited:
I did some modding here, I added a bit of foam to both sides of her traps to give a more natural slope to them, and fill out some of the gap where her shoulder meets here torso. Looks a little more seamless now, rolling from her neck, down her traps and into her shoulder armor. I just slid the foam right in between her suit and body.
damn that looks fantastic. I want one.

If someone can tell me how to lengthen the ankles, I'll have to buy a third Widow figure.

damn that looks fantastic. I want one.

If someone can tell me how to lengthen the ankles, I'll have to buy a third Widow figure.
I don't think there's any way to with this release. They didn't use a ball joint in the ankle, but a pivot connector, like you'd get in a wrist. No way to really lengthen that.

hmm. I wonder if I could make something? it would be a huge pain.
is there a height comparison somewhere? I'll look around.

oh and @rory -- did you lengthen the neck at all?

hmm. I wonder if I could make something? it would be a huge pain.
is there a height comparison somewhere? I'll look around.

oh and @rory -- did you lengthen the neck at all?
You need something that will enter the bottom of the ankle, the same size as the peg, and has a hole at the other end that has a hole that will fit the peg. It would be relatively easy to do as long as you have the right tools and know what you're doing.

Honestly, her hair and the 100 earrings looked really off to me. How do you fight with all of that? She just looked like an angsty high school girl.

@ZE_501 - She just adapts to it. The Endgame Scar Jo has those ear rings if you didn’t know (and I think it was brought up there as well).

Did you want it like the Liz Sandlander from the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson and the newer series from another author that continued the series?

Or.. Be like the gal from the Vespa gang from BoBF.

I’m very close to say “Screw it! I’m going to get this version of Scar Jo.” Three things are really holding me back: The eventual teased Mezco version of comic book version of her, waiting for a slight discount on her two/three years done the road.

Also the itch to get Din and Grogu Season Two since the pics are popping up on here and on YouTube. It’s the price of nearly $400 CDN that’s turning me off and the bloody Mando Tax on it. It will be 3x more if I do get it on the aftermarket.

@ZE_501 - She just adapts to it. The Endgame Scar Jo has those ear rings if you didn’t know (and I think it was brought up there as well).

Did you want it like the Liz Sandlander from the Millennium Trilogy by Stieg Larrson and the newer series from another author that continued the series?
Took me a second -- I think you mean Lisbeth Salander.

I know what comic (as well as MCU of course) Natasha's abilities are like but I still prefer a more grounded approach once certain things are given as axiomatic. For me, it makes it easier to accept the fantastical premise if little details are built up around it to balance things out.

e.g. Iron Man armours are literally physics defying space-magic, but they don't lose me until we go to mystical nanotech abilities. Not that it removes all enjoyment but it does jump out at me. That's just me, where I draw the arbitrary line.

I prefer a more grounded Black Widow in spite of her extraordinary abilities.

Black Widow + White Widow + custom body = Ultimate Widow!

Attachments

• widow1.jpg
    widow1.jpg
    628.1 KB · Views: 0
  • widowcap.jpg
    widowcap.jpg
    774.8 KB · Views: 0
  • bw_ca.jpg
    bw_ca.jpg
    598.9 KB · Views: 0
Wish we would have gotten this look:

View attachment 621067

Indeed, this is a very striking look for her. Well, HT did make a concept art Iron Man and a concept art Cap. I would hope they could try a concept art Widow someday. But my gut is telling me they are saving this for the Secret Wars Widow variant…Just my 2 cents!

Back