Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The pics on that sculpt don't look great. Hopefully they look better in hand or the hair can be easily put on the HT sculpt. I pre-ordered from Ekia Hobbies but haven't gotten a ship notice yet.

Has there been any consensus on what's the best body to use with the Daft Toys outfit? Now that it's close to releasing, I wouldn't mind having a body ready for when the head sculpt gets here.

I used the top half of a Rey Body(longer neck) and the bottom half of a Black Widow body.
AD771A0F-C120-48B6-9D4A-0B169BE873D7.jpeg

https://cdn11.bigcommerce.com/s-sqi...733/pop-st92003-4p5__82335.1565646058.jpg?c=2
Has there been any consensus on what's the best body to use with the Daft Toys outfit? Now that it's close to releasing, I wouldn't mind having a body ready for when the head sculpt gets here.
One of these I believe, (Out of stock at Ekia Hobbies but there's other stores)
https://www.ekiahobbies.com/pop-st9...-female-body-with-plastic-joints-by-pop-toys/
careful of the skintone!
not sure which till the head arrives

Talk about false advertising. Had a feeling it was too good to be true..
Happy now I only bought the one with the war paint.

edit: KG Hobby posted photos in hand. Be warned, eye bleed may occur:

The problem is the eyes bulging is fine..where it falls short below her cheeks is too wide and chubby when it should be more curved and sharp with a tiny chin

Yea its not as advertised. In this day and age, thats not acceptable. I'll likely be returning mine when I get it.

Does anyone own this other 3rd party sculpt?

Attachments

• s-l1600[1].jpg
    s-l1600[1].jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 132
  • s-l1600[1].jpg
    s-l1600[1].jpg
    106.7 KB · Views: 124
Yea its not as advertised. In this day and age, thats not acceptable. I'll likely be returning mine when I get it.

The head you guys are looking at is from NRToys/ JXTOYS. Thats a brand that does really poor replications of hot toys heads with bad paintapp. The real original Mr. Toys sculpt looks much better. Like the review above! Dont worry

i ordered the war paint one. Will show a pic as soon it arrives. It's in the air right now :-D

I got the war paint head sculpt in today, and it actually looks really good. It's clearly a recast of the HT sculpt, but the paint makes it look about 80-90% of the HT sculpt (which was already amazing). It is a bit fuller in the cheeks though, so it's a bit less movie-accurate and more like a manga/anime take on the character. And the rooted hair looks much nicer than the sculpted HT hair (to me).

However, it's basically unusable on the HT figure- the neck hole sits too low on the sculpt, so she has a giraffe neck thing going on (I tried to just sit the head on the neck without even using the peg); and the skin tone is a bit too dark. Like the previous video shows, the hair piece comes off differently from the HT sculpt, so that's not swappable either. If you're getting the Daftoys set, this is a great-looking head sculpt. But if you're using it for the HT figure, it will take extra work to make it usable (and it may not even be worth it).

I just bought an extra HT for the Daftoys and it looks great. My original Alita, i had someone root the hair so it won't look as nice as that one, but still quite good. That Mr. Toys head is a pass for me, but that other 3rd party sculpt freestyla85 posted looks ok. Paint is weak but the face looks ok.

Ok.. so here are a few shots right out of the box next to the Mr.Toys Sculpts.Natural light.
the Mr Toys were sent with the wrong size neck pegs for the HT.
I didn't do anything to the hair on the Mr T just pulled off the plastic band and here they are.The HT looks slightly larger because she is slightly elevated because the back of head and body sit higher on the table.
In hand the Mr T sculpts are actually very very nice.You can see the differences in the sculpts mainly jaw line,lips and roundness.I actually like the face better and the skin detail is slightly more realistic on the Mr T in hand.

Attachments

• IMG_6080.JPG
    IMG_6080.JPG
    259.8 KB · Views: 73
  • IMG_6081.JPG
    IMG_6081.JPG
    244.3 KB · Views: 69
  • IMG_6082.JPG
    IMG_6082.JPG
    246.8 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_6086.JPG
    IMG_6086.JPG
    215.8 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_6088.JPG
    IMG_6088.JPG
    244.2 KB · Views: 77
Thank you for the pictures. The more and more posts I see completely alleviate any issues I was feeling after those first pictures hit the interwebs. Shows you how some 💩y pictures can start to derail a product - I feel so much better about these now. I think a modified neck plug or some 3D printed ones might fix the whole neck plug issue. I’m interested in using these now on my 2 HT figures and the 3rd I’m getting for the Daftoys outfit.

Ok.. so here are a few shots right out of the box next to the Mr.Toys Sculpts.Natural light.
the Mr Toys were sent with the wrong size neck pegs for the HT.
I didn't do anything to the hair on the Mr T just pulled off the plastic band and here they are.The HT looks slightly larger because she is slightly elevated because the back of head and body sit higher on the table.
In hand the Mr T sculpts are actually very very nice.You can see the differences in the sculpts mainly jaw line,lips and roundness.I actually like the face better and the skin detail is slightly more realistic on the Mr T in hand.
Thanks for the photos. Although it's naturally lit, they are lit from below - which is kinda unnatural light direction :D
Mine is stuck at LAX, so I'll be able to to see for myself very soon.

Hello

I just receive the head from Mr.Toys and I'm looking for a body to go with the daftoys outfit : I sse here that the body POPTOYS XING Series Modified Version 92003/92004 should do the job : wich skintone should I buy ?

Back