Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally got my Mr. Toys heads in going to work on my set up tomorrow and then reveal everything here tomorrow night. Just glad to have them I’n hand. So much better in person then the photos. Thank god because the original pictures people posted were a shot to the 🥜.
Jase

91A7562A-21B9-4C81-83A8-F4527D81FA69.jpeg

Last edited:
Okay, the Hot Toys sculpt hands down is the best sculpt and paint but that damn Helmet they call hair is awful and distracting. Anyway the Mr Toys is an excellent alternative and yes you can fit it on a Hot Toys figure.

You will need a heat gun and heat shrink tubing to add two layers to the ball that pops on the Hot Toys body. Then heat the head base and then fit it to the neck then run cold water over it, to shock the vinyl/rubber to its new size. I did that for my figure in black outfit and not my Berzerker body to show the difference. If you don’t heat the base of the head then fit it to the neck (which widens the base) it make the head appear to have a giraffe neck. Anyway - until someone makes a wig that doesn’t equal my house payment that will fit the Hot Toys sculpt I’ll be sticking to the Mr. Toys version. Still need to heat the head of my Berserker to fix the giraffe neck and the Daftoys outfit I need to stain the bodies neck to make the skin tone of the head. Love these figures.

Here’s some pics
3B884DB0-4955-4CC0-9E91-6961A66703C9.jpeg
14BF112D-4499-4A8A-8FAB-80DBE5E0714C.jpeg
10A71245-1E89-4C96-988A-E0EE7A357382.jpeg
912D2CC2-D637-42D6-9E18-2DC3D2C16A68.jpeg
9B6AF325-8211-400F-99E7-B1C8A37FA884.jpeg
389E098C-B9C6-48BB-AADE-ACA5D3D0A48D.jpeg
6F8976B2-CD67-4AF3-87B8-375115AFFCAA.jpeg
69E78CDA-596C-4E66-8BA5-9DA822839052.jpeg

I tried the Mr Toys head, I'm not keen on it at all. Not only do I prefer the headsculpt on the Hot Toys, I prefer the plastic hair too. Would have been great to try the rooted hair on the Hot Toys, but completely incompatible.

maybe you want to try that JXToys one. It's cheaper and looks way better than the Mr Toys hs if you ask me. It doesn't have the "PERS" but looks much more like Alita then this puffy Mr.Toys head.

I FINALLY got my Mr. Toys head sculpts and had a chance to mess around with them and I'm pretty happy with them.

Oddly enough, the Hot Toys helmet hair fits really well on the Mr. Toys head sculpts. :p

3b63261f-198b-4d54-9d1f-6097a08edfe3.png

I thought about just displaying her that way, but I wanted to see if I could make the hair work and I got it to a point where I was happy with it. Then I had to figure out how to get the head to say on the Hot Toys Body.

I didn't want to alter the Hot Toys body, so I found a foot peg that fit the base of the Hot Toys neck and put the head on top of the stick of the peg that would normally go in the body and it works pretty good. If I move the head, it would definitely fall off, but I'm displaying these and don't plan to move them unless I'm going to repose them so it does the trick.

1638893585756.png

I moved on to my kit bashed Alita. I went with the Pop Toys Suntan Small bust body (ST92003A) and I think it works great with the Mr. Toys head Sculpt. The sculpt comes with a peg that worked really well with the body and I think the skin tone matches well enough.
1638893958495.png

...and here's my display all put together. I'm really happy with it!

1638894202118.png

The trickiest bit for me by far was getting the hand pegs that came with the porcelain hands to work with the Pop Toys body. I ended up filing the peg hole on one of the arms to make it large enough that I was able to make it fit and honestly didn't want to do that again since it was labor intensive and I didn't want to ruin the body. So for the other hand, I used the peg in reverse and the trench coat helps cover up how odd it looks. If you could look underneath her hand that's holding the heart, it would look like her hand is Frankenstein'd together. lmao

Attachments

• 1638893855633.png
    1638893855633.png
    1.3 MB · Views: 51
Last edited:
Does anyone have any experience with this company Play Toy? Would love to get the motorball one as I already have the HT version. Also could us a new head sculpt since I accidentally put a scratch/cut with my thumbnail vertically up the edge of her eyebrow when my hand slipped while trying ro remove the hair. 🤦‍♂️

The only figure I have of theirs is the Bride from Kill Bill they made ages ago. And judging from some of their other work I see in a google search, they're still on that cheaper end of third party companies. But the final product still seems to be pretty consistent with what they show in the proto pics so I'm not too worried about how this might turn out.

Lately I've been getting wary of prototypes losing quality, lost my NRD on the Prime 1 Joker after not being happy with how it turned out... but if the final product for the Motorball version matches the proto, it would be worth it.

KGHobby has it on po now. Will def. get this deluxe set with two figs :) I have the Gwen Stacy and the Baroness figure from Playtoy and they are pretty nice for their age. (2015 i think)
Hopes are high :)

Attachments

• ali.jpg
    ali.jpg
    252.2 KB · Views: 108
Last edited:
Back