Hot Toys Battle Angel Alita

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000903&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
uuid=00000000-0000-0000-0000-000000000900&library=1&type=1&mode=1&loc=true&cap=true.jpeg
Here is some more that I did in November

I had tried Angelus before on 3 suits that I purchased from ebay, Angelus is not able to help because the black paint material of the suit is losing its adhesive property with the suit’s underlying fabric material over time. Stretching the suit when wearing it is enough to make the black paint material peel off
hi. just an update on angelus. 4 coat vs finisher particularly.

i tried it on a coated coat for hot toys midnight wesker. it was already flaking abit when i was handling it when applying.

heres the thing initially i mistaken my finisher as 4 coats so i applied them. result was that it did not dry enough like 4 coat and the coat wasnt strong enough so flakes still come off a little.

but once i applied 2 coats of 4-coat (which was hard to apply as it dries too fast esp in an opened bottle), it formed a pretty solid flexible layer and no more flaking. but you need to get rid of the brush marks that can leave milky marks (i suggest buy small rebottles and finish them as they dry up in bottles).

however i decided to remove all the pleather because the coat had special pattern which some areas flaked off...

the coated part seems to delaminate after i soak it in water but did not come off, i had to scratch and peel to get chunks off, this is just 2 coats of 4 coat plus finisher while the uncoated area just powdered off.

before this i did try folding and stretching it abit, quite durable as long you dont apply excess force. the coated area will come off easy if theres a broken link like an already flaked spot. the finisher, is much more weaker than the 4-coat.

problem is 4-coat bottles will dry out fast making it hard to use in future and are expensive.

so i guess for parts not under stress, 4-coat actually works. should 1 day the pleather really failed i guess the whole suit will look delaminated rather than powder off.

once stripped, perhaps you can paint the coat with flexible fabric paint maybe
for plain color yes but not for midnight wesker as the coat had carbon fiber like patterns printed on the pleather oh well.

even so to get the leather/vinyl look would require maybe 10 coats as the fabric backing would absorb the bulk of the paint. maybe let the paint side for few hours to thicken abit before use.

Would anyone be interested in buying some of my spare parts?

I have a full PlayToy body with all hands. I have a Mr Toys bloody headsculpt (modfied so it can be used with the hot toys or play toy body. Fits properly, no long neck) and the Playtoy headsculpt. But neither come with the wigs. I used them for modifiying my hot toys headsculpts. But I think any third party wig from ebay could be fitted to work on the headsculpts. Also have a spare damescus blade. If interested hit me up.

That Motorball custom is AMAZING!!!

Need to pick this figure back up at some point to go with my Queen Studios bust.

Wasn't there a Die-cast Damascus blade made for her by some company?
I never really got the hype around diecast. It’s so heavy that it wears your wristpegs and it looks virtually the same.

Hello for having seen this figurine, it has nothing to envy of hot toys! the head doesn't really look like him when the helmet is removed, on the other hand the motorball equipment is really well done! for my part I have gone my way I will wait for a better version, I prefer to pay the price and have something exceptional

IMG_8549.jpeg

Yeah the PlayToys head does not hold up for me. Tried Hot toys’s hair to hide the massive forehead but it still looks terrible. It’s somewhat passable in the helmet for motorball. Nowhere near hot toys’s quality.

Guess I’ll be hunting down another hot toys head. Not looking forward to doing another scalp surgery.

There are some very good Alita heads on AliExpress but you have to do a rehair! There is art15custom who does them very well, he made mine !
I like so much your diorama ! do you have instagram account ? Mine is klinger_yoko !
IMG_4663.jpg
I'm not very good at styling her hair

There are some very good Alita heads on AliExpress but you have to do a rehair! There is art15custom who does them very well, he made mine !
I like so much your diorama ! do you have instagram account ? Mine is klinger_yoko !

Oh yea. Almost forgot I had that headsculpt. The Mr Toys sculpt is not too bad. I much prefer it over the Playtoy one. I used the wig for my hot toys headsculpt tho. The only spare wig I have is this brown one 🤣

My ig is @niekscustoms

IMG_8554.jpeg

Oh ouais. J'avais presque oublié que j'avais cette tête sculptée. La sculpture de Mr Toys n'est pas trop mauvaise. Je le préfère de loin à celui de Playtoy. J'ai cependant utilisé la perruque pour mon headsculpt de jouets chauds. La seule perruque de rechange que j'ai est celle-ci marron🤣

Mon identifiant est @niekscustoms

View attachment 694609
les cheveux bruns donnent un autre look mais j'avoue que les cheveux courts lui vont mieux . PS I fine you @niekscustoms ! :)

Last edited:
Another picture with à costume Chun-Li It’s a shame I can’t find the sneakers or at least I haven’t looked yet

IMG_5642.jpg
IMG_5651.jpg
IMG_5653.jpg

Back