Hot Toys Batman Forever 1/6th scale Robin Collectible figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would you want two Batman figures from the one movie with only one Robin...?

I would imagine this is Hot Toys only dip into Batman Forever, and they decided that the sonar suit would look best when paired with Robin.

I would definitely get whatever figures from the Forever movie even though I already got some custom made Panther & Sonar Bats.
However, have to agree that the chance of Hot Toys making the Panther one is very low............

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w30QRIACdhw

I know the number of people that care about this release is small, but for those that do, Prime 1 revealed their take on Robin. Curious to see people's thoughts, on the armor specifically. It's hard to tell but I think HT nailed the head sculpt better but Prime 1 perfected the armor and it's color. Really hope this is something HT will revisit when the figure is released.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w30QRIACdhw

I know the number of people that care about this release is small, but for those that do, Prime 1 revealed their take on Robin. Curious to see people's thoughts, on the armor specifically. It's hard to tell but I think HT nailed the head sculpt better but Prime 1 perfected the armor and it's color. Really hope this is something HT will revisit when the figure is released.

Woah the panther suit looks amazing.
Like phenomenal

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hot Toys Robin headsculpt is better, but Prime1’s armor and body suit are better.

Prime 1 did an excellent job on the Robin suit, however the headsculpt by HT is slightly better. HT ought to rectify and mute that
red at the very least, it would be a vast improvement.

I wonder why HT's armor is so off? They did a fantastic job on the Sonar Suit. I noticed that the suit changed between prototype and pre order images for the sonar suit but not robin, possible they didn't have the time but hopefully something that can be done before release. I personally would prefer the suit shape over color because you can always repaint the suit, can't re mold it as easily. Wonder if someone can cast the prime 1 suit the way third parties re cast the HS, similar to their superman statue.

Haven't seen this posted, the test paint for the final sculpt done by @heo__dj on Insta, painted by J.C Hong. Interestingly also seems to be the only sculpt the artist has put up on their Insta. Both the Forever Robin and Batman final sculpts seem to be done by newer sculptors. Gotta say they knocked these out of the park. Excited to see what they do next!

Attachments

• 144824593_2868296186826257_1809470472391699982_n.jpg
    144824593_2868296186826257_1809470472391699982_n.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 126
Although the hairline at the front where it parts is looking a bit off in that pic - the strands are a bit too thick or something.
Guessing just lighting and angle/lens distortion. Seems to be the same sculpt as all the promo material/con pics.

I’m hoping for a Christmas miracle & hot toys throws us dc fans an early release for once. I’d be. Pumped to get batman for Christmas

Copying/pasting my response from the Batman thread, since I'm pretty sure these will release together

"
Not sure if this means anything, but all the other figures that are suppose to come out during the same time as that Hot Toys preview pic had their ship dates pushed back at Sideshow (So Mech test Tony, Cable, Wonder Woman 1984, Venomized Iron Man and Dark trooper), except for these and Johnny Silverhand. Since Hot toys has been working more closely with Sideshow with the simultaneous releases, I'm hoping that means the three that are still slated for the May-July Time frame and will be coming out roughly on time since I imagine they are a smaller run, possibly even just one batch.

A guy on the OSR face book group that does a lot of stat work for HT release pointed out that in the past, Hot Toys does release figures not on their preview pic between those releases.

Ultimately though, could go either way."

Yeah, I've been around a long time and I don't remember them ever releasing a figure that wasn't in one of those upcoming releases photos.

I think August is your best bet.

Yeah, I've been around a long time and I don't remember them ever releasing a figure that wasn't in one of those upcoming releases photos.

I think August is your best bet.
I'm relatively new so can't speak from experience but I've learned not to question Jürgen Schulz, a collector over on the OSR facebook forum. He has spreadsheets that track the statistics for HT release going back at least 7-8 years. Not sure if he is averaging every instance of figures released after a preview pic was published or just the latest, but he said 9 figures released that weren't on the list between those releases and it would take until around June 13th for them all to be out, if they stick to their previous schedule. All conjecture, of course.

Back