1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's because my unpainted one's come with two eye plates, sculpted and rubberized hollow for adding posable eyes.

Not sure how since my unpainted ones are $30 cheaper and include more.

**Mods please forgive me if I'm not allowed to respond to this**
I was referring to it getting painted. The cost will more or less be around $300 regardless is what I meant.

Good for everyone to have options.

Idk who people are getting to paint stuff now but I know when I first got into the hobby Yelim, Jacob Rhamier, and even that 357partment studio were charging upwards of $250 per sculpt IIRC. I don't remember who all I've heard prices from but I've got to think the average for a well known painter is closer to $300 these days, if they can even take the commission.

Then you have stuff like "Modern Life" Bane that was like $800 painted.

Aren't most painters charging close to $300 for standard sculpts these days?
Nope but I mean it varies a lot. If you go for a super high end artists and do rooted hair business, the price shoots up. I was looking to getting Dean's Doc sculpt painted recently. Was quoted $100-$210 from a few artists. Highest was one artist who charged $300 but he was the only one out of the ones I asked. I'm sure there's a bunch who charge less or more though. Just depends who you go with.

Also with this being primarily a black cowl with just the eyes and mouth pieces needing to be hand painted, I imagine there's some slack compared to a full flesh tone + hair sculpt needing to be painted but who knows.

Yeah, who’s dean?
I was Creg Customs on here for 11 years - changed my name in 2020. I was still Creg when I released my V1 in '15 or '16. I don't recall the exact year now but we had gotten a lot of requests for a re release in early '21 so I started tinkering around with the original then ended up remaking the whole thing.

So a little time on it here and there between company gigs and nearly 2 years later here we are! :LOL:

Thank you all for the kind remarks and the support on these projects over the years.

I was Creg Customs on here for 11 years - changed my name in 2020. I was still Creg when I released my V1 in '15 or '16. I don't recall the exact year now but we had gotten a lot of requests for a re release in early '21 so I started tinkering around with the original then ended up remaking the whole thing.

So a little time on it here and there between company gigs and nearly 2 years later here we are! :LOL:

Thank you all for the kind remarks and the support on these projects over the years.
Do people still call you Greg?

I bought a few Terminator customs from you back in the day. I still have 2 of them - an Endoskeleton covered in melted flesh and a legless T-600 from Terminator Salvation. Another one, a battle-damaged T2 T-800 using NECA parts eventually became unnecessary when DX13 came out and I broke it down for parts.

Do people still call you Greg?

I bought a few Terminator customs from you back in the day. I still have 2 of them - an Endoskeleton covered in melted flesh and a legless T-600 from Terminator Salvation. Another one, a battle-damaged T2 T-800 using NECA parts eventually became unnecessary when DX13 came out and I broke it down for parts.
Not so much anymore.

That's going way back! Yeah, I remember making all of those - that melted T800 was fun to do.

Not so much anymore.

That's going way back! Yeah, I remember making all of those - that melted T800 was fun to do.
Yeah it's a great custom, very unique. Even after I boxed away my Terminator Salvation stuff for sale I couldn't bring myself to sell that - plus it kinda works for T1. Only problem is the light-up eyes died years ago and I haven't replaced them because the battery compartment is sealed up.

Dean's review of OT's Begins sculpt. Phenomenal!!

Looks like I've missed out on the painted version sadly. Does the unpainted one have moving eyes to?

Dean's review of OT's Begins sculpt. Phenomenal!!

Looks like I've missed out on the painted version sadly. Does the unpainted one have moving eyes to?

Thank you! The unpainted all come with two eye plates (sculpted and hollow) and four magnetic chins. Sadly none ship with posable eyeballs installed since I can’t source HT quality eyes anywhere the end user will have to find some from a DX12/19 or Batman armory.

If you can source your own 3rd party 5mm eyeballs let me know where haha. I could theoretically make them with a very hard resin but I don’t see freeing up the time to. The posable eyes will have to remain an option for those fortunate to have a spare TDK cowl from HT.

Here’s the 4th chin plate I’m now including for free! These renders also include the sculpted eye plate file.
FC3F5D68-909A-46A5-8008-A80A18F2826A.jpeg

6674A372-E84B-4EF0-9227-DA3B871B6480.jpeg

Thank you! The unpainted all come with two eye plates (sculpted and hollow) and four magnetic chins. Sadly none ship with posable eyeballs installed since I can’t source HT quality eyes anywhere the end user will have to find some from a DX12/19 or Batman armory.

If you can source your own 3rd party 5mm eyeballs let me know where haha. I could theoretically make them with a very hard resin but I don’t see freeing up the time to. The posable eyes will have to remain an option for those fortunate to have a spare TDK cowl from HT.

Here’s the 4th chin plate I’m now including for free! These renders also include the sculpted eye plate file.
View attachment 622040
View attachment 622041
That 4th mouth comes with the unpainted?

Could the eyes from the HT begins cowl not be used?

Back