1/6 Hot Toys Batman & Batmobile - Batman Begins

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If you google ''pics of batmobile tumbler'', you should find a picture of a Tumbler with blue lights, which is what hot toy's version is based on........:)
I just rewatched the chase scene in Begins and TDK to check and they seem like a slightly warm white in both scenes. Blue isn’t accurate.

If you google ''pics of batmobile tumbler'', you should find a picture of a Tumbler with blue lights, which is what hot toy's version is based on........:)
I did it..
tumbler.jpg

Batmobile-Tumbler-2.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

I just found if you go to youtube, type in the search engine ''Batmobile Tumbler behind the scenes'', and you'll see the Tumbler with the blue lights in a link for one of the videos.......:)

Saw someone in an FB group claim they recieved this figure brand new directly from HT, but with a matte finish.

People immediately started asserting that HT must have fixed the gloss in the "second batch." I don't think I've ever seen HT correct an issue in the middle of a figure's production run (save Mark 85 Tony Stank), and it would be easy to just post pictures of the older version and claim it as the new one, so I am highly skeptical.

Saw someone in an FB group claim they recieved this figure brand new directly from HT, but with a matte finish.

People immediately started asserting that HT must have fixed the gloss in the "second batch." I don't think I've ever seen HT correct an issue in the middle of a figure's production run (save Mark 85 Tony Stank), and it would be easy to just post pictures of the older version and claim it as the new one, so I am highly skeptical.
The two copies I have had a very different sheen right out of the box. I think it’s more likely some are matte by accident.

Why would we want it to match a single thumbnail for a behind the scenes video instead of the movie?
Because to show that there actually was a real Tumbler with blue lights that hot toy's Tumbler is based on, even though it wasn't in the actual movie...........
Batman Begins GIF by Legendary Entertainment

Because to show that there actually was a real Tumbler with blue lights that hot toy's Tumbler is based on, even though it wasn't in the actual movie...........
Batman Begins GIF by Legendary Entertainment
Lights aren’t blue here, they’re still warmer than the rest of the frame, which is very cool in temp. They look neutral white here at best in film that’s really shifted towards blue overall. If they were blue they would look VERY blue here.

It’s also possible since the lights are the brightest light source here the white balance is based on them, which are yellow/warm, which is shifting the whole frame blue and making them look neutral white. If the lights were the source of the white balance in these frames and they were blue then the rest of the frame would most likely look neutral or warm by comparison.

Hot Toys has no track record of finding obscure secret details and a long track record of getting things wrong bc of a lack of attention to detail or general carelessness.

There’s about a 1/5,000,000,000 chance there’s some secret stunt car with blue lights that was never photographed or filmed that Hot Toys had access to and a 99.9/100 chance they just had any easy source of cheap blue LEDs and they went with that.

Lights aren’t blue here, they’re still warmer than the rest of the frame, which is very cool in temp. They look neutral white here at best in film that’s really shifted towards blue overall. If they were blue they would look VERY blue here.

It’s also possible since the lights are the brightest light source here the white balance is based on them, which are yellow/warm, which is shifting the whole frame blue and making them look neutral white. If the lights were the source of the white balance in these frames and they were blue then the rest of the frame would most likely look neutral or warm by comparison.

Hot Toys has no track record of finding obscure secret details and a long track record of getting things wrong bc of a lack of attention to detail or general carelessness.

There’s about a 1/5,000,000,000 chance there’s some secret stunt car with blue lights that was never photographed or filmed that Hot Toys had access to and a 99.9/100 chance they just had any easy source of cheap blue LEDs and they went with that.
Like i previously posted, go to youtube, type in the search engine, ''Batmobile Tumbler behind the scenes'', and you'll see in one of the links for the videos listed there's a real Tumbler with blue lights, trust me it's there.......:)

Like i previously posted, go to youtube, type in the search engine, ''Batmobile Tumbler behind the scenes'', and you'll see in one of the links for the videos listed there's a real Tumbler with blue lights, trust me it's there.......:)
You mean this same one where the headlights on a 90s Camaro/Trans Am and a city bus are also blue and the Batmobile looks purple? 🙃

I guess they got the lights accurate to the color grading in this one behind the scenes video but totally botched the purple paint job this stunt vehicle must have had. 💀

Attachments

• 4A43B66B-5393-437D-9565-00D907DCE71F.jpeg
    4A43B66B-5393-437D-9565-00D907DCE71F.jpeg
    529.4 KB · Views: 0
The two copies I have had a very different sheen right out of the box. I think it’s more likely some are matte by accident.
That's bizarre to hear. I can't think of another figure that had a significant cosmetic variance like that. But then, I can't think of any figure in released in the last ten years that's as garbage as this one, so maybe they just truly didn't care.

That's bizarre to hear. I can't think of another figure that had a significant cosmetic variance like that. But then, I can't think of any figure in released in the last ten years that's as garbage as this one, so maybe they just truly didn't care.
I know some of my DX Batman and QS001 figures have variance in how matte they are, combine that with the greasy nature these are shipped out in and I think if you happen to have a less shiny AND less greasy one it might look okay, if you have a more shiny and more greasy then it's basically gloss.

You mean this same one where the headlights on a 90s Camaro/Trans Am and a city bus are also blue and the Batmobile looks purple? 🙃

I guess they got the lights accurate to the color grading in this one behind the scenes video but totally botched the purple paint job this stunt vehicle must have had. 💀
Yep, that's the one i was refering to, which is clearly the Batmobile hot toy's based their Tumbler on with the blue lights......:)

Looks like yellow to me.

Tn3ZgR1.png

QMhqbOm.png

fTD13hF.png

p0Cpywy.png
Yeah, the only instance where they appear blue is where the car is filmed under those very red lights they put in tunnels and underpasses and the video appears to not be well color graded. Since it’s just behind the scenes stuff it probably ISN’T color graded and was just using the white balance that the camera came up with due to the reddish overhead lights.

In that behind the scenes videos you can see every vehicle has blue headlights even old old cars, HIDs weren’t common in 2005 and LEDs were a long way away. Many of the building lights in the background look blue too. The only light that doesn’t appear blue is the light from the overhead lights.

Either the tumbler has soft white to yellow lights OR they put autozone blue tinted headlights on every vehicle in that underground scene then removed them for the rest of filming. 😂

Does anyone know if Tamiya Matte Spray Top Coat would be a good method to make the Suit Matte? Or would the tape method be better? I'm worried about the suit being sticky and a dust magnet in the aftermath.

I really want a Begins Batman but don't want to potentially wait years for Inart or Hot Toys to do it again. If I could get this at an ok price than I wouldn't mind spending a little bit of time and $ to mod him.

Does anyone know if Tamiya Matte Spray Top Coat would be a good method to make the Suit Matte? Or would the tape method be better? I'm worried about the suit being sticky and a dust magnet in the aftermath.

I really want a Begins Batman but don't want to potentially wait years for Inart or Hot Toys to do it again. If I could get this at an ok price than I wouldn't mind spending a little bit of time and $ to mod him.
Personally I wouldn’t spray any paint on this Hot Toys rubber it’s an incredibly bizarre material and can cause oil to weep out of other plastics it comes in contact with. I would just use the tape method.

Personally I wouldn’t spray any paint on this Hot Toys rubber it’s an incredibly bizarre material and can cause oil to weep out of other plastics it comes in contact with. I would just use the tape method.
Thanks for the advice! I guess I'll pick it up and just try the tape. If all goes well, I'll pick up your head sculpt for it as well.

Blue lights aside, Tumbler is on sale today for anyone interested. I’ve been waiting for one and figure this is best deal we’ll get at 20% off. Had to jump on it.

Back