1/6 Hot Toys - Batman: Arkham Knight - Harley Quinn Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Am I the o my one who thinks the face is weird?

No, it's the thing that put me off getting her even though I already a couple of versions.

There's something with the eyes that kills the cuteness that I associate with her character. She's always been psychotic yet cute, whereas this figure is just psychotic!

I think Hot Toys were going for this...

...but didn't quite get it.

Paid my one yesterday as a bit of an impulse buy...tracking number received today but not likely to be in hand for a week or so sadly :(

Bring on Batgirl now :)

Neil

Quick unboxing by Joseph Lee.

244520495_10159325426004876_5480179846058461707_n.jpg
244480477_10159325426254876_7573486072908054743_n.jpg
245048412_10159325426649876_1711436825373743958_n.jpg
245356366_10159325426639876_7716729168719060873_n.jpg
Seeing it with the Suicide Squad head sculpt, even with that awful poofy rooted hair job really highlights how poor the existing head sculpt is. I actually thought it was okay until that picture with the other head. Now I can’t unsee it and this figure, that I was on the fence with, just became a pass.

I never POd this and I cancelled my Batgirl as I decided not to go too deep into the Bat-Line, but I was curious to see how it turned out. And it does look kinda off. A bit of a rushjob in general methinks. Maybe it's all the PVC and plastic and whatnot, but it does look like a bit of lower quality than the average HT. It's the arm sleeves and corset area that throw it off for me. Plus that tutu being so short and puffy. Granted, that's a fault of the original design, which I never liked much myself. City > Asylum > Knight is how it went for me. You'd think they'd have tried the Classic Arkham Harley from the Batgirl DLC just to be safe. Eh, I hope those who were looking forward to it are satisfied, I'm never rooting for a figure to turn out badly regardless of whether I'm buying it or not.

What is off though? I'm looking at screenshots from the game and it seems spot on. The leggings probably shouldn't be shiny metallic but they did botch Batman the same way so I guess it matches or at least is consistent? :ROFLMAO:

What is off though? I'm looking at screenshots from the game and it seems spot on. The leggings probably shouldn't be shiny metallic but they did botch Batman the same way so I guess it matches or at least is consistent? :ROFLMAO:
Personally, it's the midsection that looks off for me. I think the tits are a tad too big in proportion to the head. The "arm sleeves" (or whatever they're called; they're no opera gloves) look a bit weird as well.

I initially said pass, but the more I look at it the less I dislike it. Plus it could be 10 years before Hot Toys gives us another Harley from the video games.

I have to admit, this figure is growing on me as well. I like all the accessories, but I am starting to like the figure more, little by little…The face is okay, not too bad. If my resources free up, I think I can see myself picking this one up…to complement the Batgirl I have already PO’ed. I just have to think about it some more…hmmm…🤔

Really love everything except the face, I'm still contemplating whether to cancel my PO or not. I have way too many PO's at the moment but I also don't know if I want to wait years for Hot Toys to release a Harley from TSS. Decisions ... decisions

Not my photo
After bending the elbow for 1 day

Attachments

• 66F34FEE-0105-4D56-A732-76EC9D94ADCE.jpeg
    66F34FEE-0105-4D56-A732-76EC9D94ADCE.jpeg
    84.9 KB · Views: 183
This is precisely what keeps me on the fence at this point. MRC got the same problem with his figure and he took it back to HT and got a new one in exchange! Not everyone will be that lucky and looks like it’s a persistent problem! He said he noticed the pealing elbow right at the end of his video shoot. This will make carrying the machine gun and the bat extremely difficult since basically can’t bend the arm…what a terrible waste…:eek:

Back