Hot Toys Batman (1989) Batmobile (Reissue)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Probably a good time to mention the box may not fit in people’s cars. I know mine barely did when I had to pick it up from Fed-Ex.

I hate when that happens. The last time I had to obviously open up the box there, take off the top styrofoam, and fold up the shipper/art boxes. That was super fun to do while it was drizzling. It was for the Infinity Gauntlet.

wrap it in plastic it should be fine.

rip-laura-palmer.jpg

Hmm, just saw on one of those live streams that Secret Base will be putting out a newer version of their Batmobile in the coming days. So might they actually make some improvements like they did with the wheels on the DeLorean, and increase the length and accuracy where needed? That would be an interesting development...

God help me I did have enough points for 10% off at Popcultcha, that'll be an expensive Apirl next year lol.

You should use those 10% coupons on multiple items rather than on a single item, as the savings can add up if you purchase multiple items a year.

I would love to bite the bullet and just be all in on the Batmobile. It would be such an awesome piece to have. Just not sure I can justify it when I don’t have a spot to dedicate for it. Probably will in the future when I’m in a home instead of an apartment but that could still be a while.

This over a 1000 dollars USD with shipping and taxes?

I expect shipping to be 300 dollars. Does anyone know the best place the order this. I think everywhere has it for 700-800 dollars without free shipping and a 1000 with free shipping?

Anyone know these best place to order when it comes to overall price?

Decided to go with a payment plan from Collectibles Direct (UK Store)
A £76 deposit and then I'll just chip away in £50 incriments until it releases. They give store points as well which always come in handy when larger items like this go up for sale.
I'm potentially spending £100 more than if I bought from HK and it manages to avoid customs but the convenience of not paying up front or paying a large sum at once or having to wait 60+ days while it ships via slow boat is worth it.

Last edited:
Decided to go with a payment plan from Collectibles Direct (UK Store)
A £76 deposit and then I'll just chip away in £50 incriments until it releases. They give store points as well which always come in handy when larger items like this go up for sale.
I'm potentially spending £100 more than if I bought from HK and it managed to avoid customs but the convenience of not paying up front or paying a large sum at once or having to wait 60+ days while it ships via slow boat is worth it.
Yeah... im trying to do Math and the problem is no one has the estimated shipping, and sites that do have in like Wonderland, has it intentionally lower.

Its gonna cost 300 USD at least imo from the CHINA. I learned this from my Delorean experience.

I am trying to find a place than will ship make the overall cost less than 900. I think it's somewhat realistic.

Yeah... im trying to do Math and the problem is no one has the estimated shipping, and sites that do have in like Wonderland, has it intentionally lower.

Its gonna cost 300 USD at least imo from the CHINA. I learned this from my Delorean experience.

I am trying to find a place than will ship make the overall cost less than 900. I think it's somewhat realistic.
KGHobby has firm shipping prices in place for 3 different services when you go through to checkout. Via boat is cheapest and slowest.

Kit seems to have put really high shipping on the Batmobile and dlx Batman. I guess he doesn’t want to eat another screw job like with InArt Joker.

Kg also doesn't have firm prices. With shipping, I am thinking no matter what, this is going to be between above 900 to slightly over 1k.

Kg also doesn't have firm prices. With shipping, I am thinking no matter what, this is going to be between above 900 to slightly over 1k.
Should have specified that you would need to pay in full upfrot in order to lock in the shipping option with KG.
You get the 3% off that way so make a nice little saving if you want to drop all the cash this well in advance

Damn it. Sometimes it really does looks like Popcultcha has the best prices around. At least for locals, the shipped price, after all possible discounts is approximately $725.

We might have to wait a bit longer than most to receive it, but every dollar saved just goes to our never ending list of preorders.

Damn it. Sometimes it really does looks like Popcultcha has the best prices around. At least for locals, the shipped price, after all possible discounts is approximately $725.

We might have to wait a bit longer than most to receive it, but every dollar saved just goes to our never ending list of preorders.
725????? How are you getting these discounts? Please enlighthen me

725????? How are you getting these discounts? Please enlighthen me

Maybe I should've wrote $725 USD. Given that most often we discuss in USD on this forum, I didn't think it was necessary.

It's simple math. $1,300 AUD *90%(preorder discount) *90%(10% pennies discount etc) *0.69(currency translated to USD).

Given the lead time before shipping, you can pretty much get the 10% pennies discount on all your items as long as you plan your purchases, and if you spend at least $1,000 AUD in about a year (or between each order). So spend a thousand, then accumulate everything on your wishlist for a year, then place your order with multiple items. All of which will earn you your pennies, which are received immediately nowadays. Rinse and repeat.

Last edited:
Maybe I should've wrote $725 USD. Given that most often we discuss in USD on this forum, I didn't think it was necessary.

It's simple math. $1,300 AUD *90%(preorder discount) *90%(10% pennies discount etc) *0.69(currency translated to USD).
I managed to get 10% pennies discount on batman deluxe from ordering the batmobile separately. I don't shop enough to have all these penny discounts

I managed to get 10% pennies discount on batman deluxe from ordering the batmobile separately. I don't shop enough to have all these penny discounts

Sometimes I forget this is the figure thread, rather than statues. But as long as you purchase about 2 figures or 1 statue a year, you can pretty much get 10% pennies off of every future order with a bit of planning and restraint.

Sometimes I forget this is the figure thread, rather than statues. But as long as you purchase about 2 figures or 1 statue a year, you can pretty much get 10% pennies off of every future order with a bit of planning and restraint.
Yeah this hobby is something i don't own a lot of, they're really expensive and i don't have space. I have to really think about what i want. Luckily for me 95% of what hot toys makes doesn't interest me, but theres the other 5% of stuff i absolutely love.

Back