Hot Toys Baron Zemo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Is the fact that it was revealed at a sideshow event mean that it has a higher chance of release? Does sideshow typically reveal figures they don’t intend to put up for sale?
Doesn’t really mean anything, at the end of the day it’s not up to Sideshow.

I think they’re using these events to gauge interest though.

giphy.gif

I think HT will release him as given his popularity we probably haven't seen the last of him in the MCU. The Dora Milaje took Zemo back to Wakanda, so maybe events will unfold in next year's Black Panther: Wakanda Forever that allow for him to pull another El Chapo in a post-credits scene lol...

Is the fact that it was revealed at a sideshow event mean that it has a higher chance of release? Does sideshow typically reveal figures they don’t intend to put up for sale?
It has no better chance, in my opinion. I assume HT shares their prototypes with Sideshow for the con, versus showing them at San Diego pre-pandemic. Same concept and there are plenty of examples of figures displayed that never saw the light of day. I have no interest in a Zemo figure but hope they make him for those that do.

HT will probably release this one because if they don’t, he’s an easy enough figure for the third party companies to make. HT will want to strike fast and secure preorders before those start popping up!
I think this guy has really nailed this on the head it's more about hot toys losing out money to third-party Distributors and wanting to release this before they get to it cuz they know that we're kind of suckers for these things.

I just don't know if I would want to pay $245 or more for this, especially when a third party company would probably make this anyway.

Zemo got a lot of publicity when fans wanted to see the longer edit of him dancing. Seeing those gifs everywhere hopefully could be enough excitement to get him made.

Insta-buy if there's a head sculpt. Otherwise that could be anyone under there. :panic::pray:

I just don't know if I would want to pay $245 or more for this, especially when a third party company would probably make this anyway.

I get that, but for me along with TWS, CW is a fav film of mine. Got a pretty decent lineup of figs from the film. And it's questionable whether another Zemo is ever put out. But he NEEDS a head sculpt.

They should release the old valet with a detonator. :p

No unmasked? He'd best not be more that $230-ish then. You just know the accessories are going to be super-limited, a few pairs of hands, a gun and maybe the serum vial. He wont have much, so I'm not looking to spend a fortune. This isnt Commander Cody.

As much fan love as there is for this guy, I do believe he will make it to PO

Also just a note on the Sideshow con: Does anyone else feel like they are getting a headache from just the sheer amount of talking they do on EACH figure... ugh... I can't even finish a full video walkthrough. Watching it on mute is heaven. It reminds me of when Mum used to watch Gilmore Girls and just the amount of dialogue being rapidly spewed out would induce migraines...

Hahaha, what a hilarious comparison. I never knew that was a known critique of that show - my wife watched it beginning to end over a couple months and it was the only thing I could hear. Got a lot of things accomplished in other parts of the house around that time.
I've watched two sideshow videos, neither one I finished. I couldn't agree more on your assessment.

Back