Hot Toys Back to the Future Part III - 1/6th scale Marty McFly MMS616

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not capable of that. I did however remove from display a large amount of my many T-800s, T-1000s and Sarah Connors to reduce the monotony of my 1/6 collection.

I'm not capable of that. I did however remove from display a large amount of my many T-800s, T-1000s and Sarah Connors to reduce the monotony of my 1/6 collection.
In my 2 display cases, 8 of those figures are Star Wars characters and even the monotony of that is starting to annoy me. I’m either going to have to expand my collection limit or ditch Star Wars. Either way, I’d like little more variety in my collection.

In my 2 display cases, 8 of those figures are Star Wars characters and even the monotony of that is starting to annoy me. I’m either going to have to expand my collection limit or ditch Star Wars. Either way, I’d like little more variety in my collection.
I'm lucky enough to have Star Wars on one side of the work / collection room and Marvel + DC on the other side. Even though Star Wars is my first love, I still find myself looking quite a lot at the Marvel and DC characters.

A bit of variety does help if you can swing it.

I’m a ‘there can be one figure representing a character in my collection’ type of guy. If I’m going to pull the trigger on a Marty McFly, it’s going to have to be the iconic BTTF 1 version. However, this version just looks way cooler to me.

That's my gameplay too. Iconic is best imo. But I know what you mean, can be difficult sometimes stopping at one :)

I do break the rule sometimes for Luke Skywalker, or Batman for example. More than one of those guys snuck into the collection somehow !

Well, luckily there's a loophole for BTTF; Just say they are from different timelines and happened to be at the exact same time and place in your collection. Problem solved. :lol

I am hoping we'll see the Part 3 DeLorean soon to go with these guys.

Good sculpt but the non removable hat ruins the entire figure. Not sure why they thought a permanent hat should be the only display option.

Good sculpt but the non removable hat ruins the entire figure. Not sure why they thought a permanent hat should be the only display option.
My only assumption is they want people to buy the new 2.0 to get a new “normal” headsculpt for those that have the original 1.0 looking to headswap.

Going nuts on Terminator was my way of ''cutting down'' - as I saw it, if I was going for variety then technically there were no limits to what would make my collection 'varied' - there was that time early in Hot Toys collecting when I was tempted by and trying to buy everything they made - whereas even obsessive as I was being with Terminator there was only so many looks/scenes I wanted to display. So I sold off the ''variety'' and stuck to Terminator. Ultimately, it worked. I got on top of my spending and developed a new addiction to saving money. :lol Now I've kinda flip-flopped in my attitude and lean back towards caring for variety albeit now armed with a spending discipline I didn't have before to prevent me going too wild.

Last edited:
I'm currently in the 'going nuts' phase of collecting. I'm buying/preordering sooooo much crap, but I'm going to have to settle down and figure out exactly what I'm going to collect. We moved in 2020 to a house and I have a collecting room. It took me forever to really tackle it. I'm like 40% of the way there in terms of having the shelving I want, but I'll have plenty of extra space when done and can really settle down and decide what to keep and what to sell. But it's been really hard on the wallet. I got in the mentality of 'well we got the house, no reason to really save money anymore!'

I buy way too much stuff but I figure someday I'll work out what to do with it all. I don't really view "having too much stuff" as a bigger problem than "I don't have all the stuff I want"........yet. That being said I'm getting closer to the point where I'll have to either slow down or clear out a bit. I'm not much of a seller, but I have purged most of my Marvel stuff that isn't Iron Man, Cap, or Thanos.

You know after looking at some movie pics I'm thinking the Part 2 sculpt with the grimmer looking expression would have been a much better fit for this outfit. Since he was obviously trying to come off as more of a badass in it.

marty_bttf3.0.0_1.jpg

Even actual humans look weird when they're harshly lit from below. Don't know why they think it's a good idea either.

Marty needs to learn how to properly make a fist

Attachments

• DBF319B4-20B2-4B5D-A57C-32992ED7294B.png
    DBF319B4-20B2-4B5D-A57C-32992ED7294B.png
    603.8 KB · Views: 53
I can do it like that but it feels wrong, and if I were to actually hit something with force, my thumb would probably break.

Back