Hot Toys - Back to the Future - 1/6 DeLorean Time Machine

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure if they did or not, but if they made no changes to the Tumbler when re-released it, then I doubt they'd change the delorean if/when they rerelease.

Yea, and the fact that the DeLorean came out years ago, to promote these figures in such a display heavily relied on the DeLorean only makes sense that things point to a reissue. It would be different if the DeLorean came out recently.
I have the original DeLorean, so I will not buy the reissue. That being said, I do hope for improvements, because there were some things lacking with the original one. One big thing for me was that the time circuits did NOT light up, which to me was a huge bummer. Everything else mostly did, except one of the most famous aspects of the car outside the flux capacitor and *Mr. Fusion*. Also Marty barely fit in for me, so I never even attempted to put the part 2 Doc inside. BTTF is my fav movie, so my Delorean is my centerpiece. I got it when it first came out for retail, so happy about that, but they need to also improve things with the car in regards to internal lighting. I also wish there was like a thin layer of carpet or soft material by the pedals, because there is no detail there. I don’t need the seats to be soft goods. The plastic was fine. I don’t even need to see pedals. But it was just a tad unsightly since the other details are amazing.
Marty barely fit in the car? Jeez. He's a small figure.

And if I had the original DeLorean release personally I'd be pissed if the reissue had improvements and features that mine didn't have.

And if I had the original DeLorean release personally I'd be pissed if the reissue had improvements and features that mine didn't have.

Another great reason to make the part 2 flying version.

Yea, he had a little head room but I don’t recall him just sliding in with excessive room.

And yea, I may be a little upset if a reissue has improvements, but I purchased the DeLorean at retail price when it released back in what, 2016? I have owned it for about 6 years already and when a new one may come out, it wouldn’t be for another year or so from announcement. So in the end, it would be like 7 or so years. I would also imagine the price jump on it too, so it is what it is. Even if they announced a Pt2 version, I just simply don’t have the space to own a second DeLorean and idk if I would want to go through the trouble of selling the Pt1 version due to the size. I am very happy with it currently.

Marty fitted in fine. Its how i got the "lets see if you ba***rds can do 90" shot. Doc however could only really fit if you removed his boots
IMG_2460.JPG

The car was very underwhelming. I expected more from HT. It just looked so bare inside and the way the doors opened and closed with a clicking ratchet kind of mechanism. The whole thing screamed cheap and tacky really. It still made for a great display piece but if anyone paid more than retail then they overpaid. I had to add in some extra wiring and a few other things
00.jpg

A.jpg

Last edited:
Marty fitted in fine. Its how i got the "lets see if you ba***rds can do 90" shot. Doc however could only really fit if you removed his boots
View attachment 537816

The car was very underwhelming. I expected more from HT. It just looked so bare inside and the way the doors opened and closed with a clicking ratchet kind of mechanism. The whole thing screamed cheap and tacky really. It still made for a great display piece but if anyone paid more than retail then they overpaid. I had to add in some extra wiring and a few other things
View attachment 537818
View attachment 537819
Yea, the inside is pretty bare. I don’t mind the ratchets in the doors. I don’t want to worry about the door become loose and flopping down over time.

So now a third version shown? Surely a re-release incoming.... deluxe with add-ons for all three films? Straight re-release of the v.1? Middle finger with smirk from HT?

I think they're probably waiting to see how well these new figures sell. If people are lukewarm like they kinda were with the Part 2 figures, then it won't happen. But this time around I'm sensing a lot more excitement both here and on FB so here's hoping...

I think they're probably waiting to see how well these new figures sell. If people are lukewarm like they kinda were with the Part 2 figures, then it won't happen. But this time around I'm sensing a lot more excitement both here and on FB so here's hoping...
That'll be because there's a far greater sense of completion about a collection now that people know figures of Marty and Doc will exist from all three films.

I got the original Marty, built a custom radiation suit Doc and got the DeLorean and Part II figs. Never thought we’d get Part III, but love the old west look, and the completion of the duo from 1985, 2015 and 1885. I’d also get a 1955 look for these guys if they ever made them.

I don’t know if they can engineer a swappable wheel solution for a vehicle of this size and weight. That and the problem of the wheel and landing lights of pt2 I’ll wager that if we do see a rerelease it will be a pt3 only version with the 1955 components and not the train wheels. And it will be shy of $1000 shipped but I’ll get one. Ha

I am much more optimistic about a comprehensive Delorean today than I was yesterday, that is for sure. But fact of the matter is, there are five different multiple choice options and I can't begin to guess what HT will choose.

A) Part 1
B) Part 2
C) Part 3
D) All in one
E) None of the above

Well the whole back section is different in Part 2 and 3, so I imagine they'd only be creating a Part 2/3 version of the car, since all you'd need to do is switch out the wheels and add on the hood box. Replacing all the parts in the back would probably be harder to engineer. And plus the cooling vents were a darker color as well in the second two movies.

For all the speculation about possible reissues compounded by Hot Toys showing that Pt 3 car and inducing more anxiety to fans, you probably could just ask Delorean themselves if HT still has the license to make the car since they have a licensing inquiry page on their site. Who knows, maybe we'll learn something.

https://www.delorean.com/licensing.htm

The sign with the pt3 Delorean says "Prototype shown, final product appearance and colors may vary"
Might just refer to the figures but it's next to the car.

Their display of the original Delorean and Marty 1.0 both say Sold Out

Attachments

• bbtf3.jpeg
    bbtf3.jpeg
    232.8 KB · Views: 51
The sign with the pt3 Delorean says "Prototype shown, final product appearance and colors may vary"
Might just refer to the figures but it's next to the car.

Their display of the original Delorean and Marty 1.0 both say Sold Out
I believe the same type of sign was also on display i regards to the Pt2 DeLorean. So who knows.

I do believe the Pt3 version does have a better chance of releasing since HT doesn’t have to figure out a way to display it in a hover mode like the Pt2 version. That, imo, was one of the big reasons why it never released.

A hover stand and light up retractable wheels that will bear the load without breaking and at a somewhat reasonable price point seems like too big of an ask. Yup, a PT3 Delorean is much easier and cheaper to produce.

Those signs are next to the 1955 Marty and Train shirt Doc on display too. I can't imagine HT making those also, so who knows is right.

Last edited:
A hover stand and light up retractable wheels that will bear the load without breaking and at a somewhat reasonable price point seems like too big of an ask. Yup, a PT3 Delorean is much easier and cheaper to produce.

Those signs are next to the 1955 Marty and Train shirt Doc on display too. I can't imagine HT making those also, so who knows is right.
Yea those 1955 Doc and Marty figs were shown long enough ago where I think they won’t happen, even though all that needs to be done is new clothing.

What was interesting is that the BTTF2 Delorean I don't think ever had a sign like that - in the couple pics I saw it just had a "$TBD" and the "BTTF2 Delorean" with HT logo name whereas the BTTF2 figures alongside it had those but also a "prototype/pending licensor approval" sign. So maybe this is a good thing? Or maybe the car didnt need it because they'd already done the BTTF1 car version?

Back