1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I’m pretty sure the Russo Brothers/Marvel Art Department chose to go with the more colorful version to differentiate him on the field of battle. The Avengers/heroes side is decidedly the more colorful side.

That said, I can understand everyone’s fondness for the War Machine color scheme. Myself, I love Iron Patriot/Rhodey because I’m an Air Force Veteran.

What could have been. Why did Marvel decide to change to Iron Patriot colors during production baffles me. Clearly with the concept art, it was meant to be in War Machine colors. Was it too dark to be seen during the fight scene? I mean, the lighting during the fight was clearly dark so maybe the colors didn't pop out that well?
What fight scene lol

Seeing how small the peg connecting the arm and shoulder really bothers me.
But if it comes in black/grey/gun-metal or whatever color War Machine is, I will definitely get it.

Last edited:
What could have been. Why did Marvel decide to change to Iron Patriot colors during production baffles me. Clearly with the concept art, it was meant to be in War Machine colors. Was it too dark to be seen during the fight scene? I mean, the lighting during the fight was clearly dark so maybe the colors didn't pop out that well?
I do think so. It was even still War Machine colors in the early trailers. My guess is that they determined the dark color scheme blended too well with the gloomy battle environment, so they decided to change it to Patriot colors in order for it to stand out better on-screen. Probably entirely for visual clarity & emphasis.

And it's an easy change to get away with in this context because this suit only appears for one portion of one movie where there's way too much going on for 99% of viewers to dwell on it. For example, in an Iron Man movie more prominently featuring Rhodey they might feel the need to address it narratively, but here, it's ultimately small potatoes that Rhodey is blue.

I was a bit disgruntled about it at first, but I've since fallen in love with how this figure shines with the patriot color scheme. It helps that they put the WM mk1 back up for order so I can still get the best War Machine and eventually have that standing right next to this beauty. It actually wasn't until I saw this figure in-person at a convention that I suddenly became enamored with the blue. I wasn't impressed by the first Iron Patriot figure, but this one...it shines. When I saw it I felt like Abu staring at the gem in the cave of wonders.

LaZYLyG.gif

I do think so. It was even still War Machine colors in the early trailers. My guess is that they determined the dark color scheme blended too well with the gloomy battle environment, so they decided to change it to Patriot colors in order for it to stand out better on-screen. Probably entirely for visual clarity & emphasis.

And it's an easy change to get away with in this context because this suit only appears for one portion of one movie where there's way too much going on for 99% of viewers to dwell on it. For example, in an Iron Man movie more prominently featuring Rhodey they might feel the need to address it narratively, but here, it's ultimately small potatoes that Rhodey is blue.

I was a bit disgruntled about it at first, but I've since fallen in love with how this figure shines with the patriot color scheme. It helps that they put the WM mk1 back up for order so I can still get the best War Machine and eventually have that standing right next to this beauty. It actually wasn't until I saw this figure in-person at a convention that I suddenly became enamored with the blue. I wasn't impressed by the first Iron Patriot figure, but this one...it shines. When I saw it I felt like Abu staring at the gem in the cave of wonders.

LaZYLyG.gif
Lol Abu!

So what's the general consensus on this figure? Is this an in-demand figure? Or is this like the WM Mk VI where no one really wants it?

So what's the general consensus on this figure? Is this an in-demand figure? Or is this like the WM Mk VI where no one really wants it?
Price is a big factor in addition to the non-traditional WM color. I think the consensus is that he looks cool, but many would rather have the black and silver.

Price is a big factor in addition to the non-traditional WM color. I think the consensus is that he looks cool, but many would rather have the black and silver.
Very good points...and wow, just looked up the price. Didn't realize it retails at $470 USD! That price is just cray cray!

Instant purchase with traditional colors which I don’t see happening because if he uses this design in Armor Wars he will probably still be IP and not WM so Mark 1 will remain the king of HT WM.

Very good points...and wow, just looked up the price. Didn't realize it retails at $470 USD! That price is just cray cray!
I agree but will keep my preorder in case a Rhodey civilian outfit becomes available. From that angle i feel this figure is maybe only $100 overpriced instead of $200

I agree but will keep my preorder in case a Rhodey civilian outfit becomes available. From that angle i feel this figure is maybe only $100 overpriced instead of $200
I guess I'm gonna wait and see if the price gets slashed significantly. Seems like this IP may not be as sought after as originally thought.

I bought WM Mk VI at what I thought was a crazy discount at the time when it initially released at around $320. But it's now avail brand new at TBA for a mere $260 since no one wants it!

I guess I'm gonna wait and see if the price gets slashed significantly. Seems like this IP may not be as sought after as originally thought.

I bought WM Mk VI at what I thought was a crazy discount at the time when it initially released at around $320. But it's now avail brand new at TBA for a mere $260 since no one wants it!
The bummer with the heavier and larger figures is that even with heavy discounts overseas, the shipping cost essentially cancels that out 😕

Back