1/6 Hot Toys - Avengers: Endgame Iron Patriot

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Finally someone who bothered to take a second and adjust those shoulder pads to sit properly. You sir, are a man of culture. Thank you.
No problem tbh it's one of the first things I did as it was bugging me in other photos/videos also.

Guess this is a love it or hate it armour for some. The engineering thats gone into this is still impressive

I get peeps issues with the arms, they can be raised up a little to make it seem less "gorrilla" like. But side by side with Patriot Mk1 with the arms raise up it doesn't look that bad to me, perhaps slightly too long. Took a quick comparison photo with the arms raised up on the MK2 IP. It does make the shoulder pads look funny again mind, but I didn't spend any time to adjust the shoulders for this quick comparison.

Certainly get peoples concerns with it but in person, it doesn't look that bad with a bit of time spent posing. I'll be having mine with both arms raised with all weapons on show.

20210924_161126.jpg

*edit* Think i've decided where my Rhodey headsculpt is going

20210924_163307.jpg

Last edited:
Thanks

He is by no means perfect (no figure is), but this is the first one in a while that has had me very impressed by his presence. I wasn't initally bothered or even had this guy pre-ordered but the the recent photos/unboxings had me sold.

I do prefer this colour scheme personally as I already have a Mk1 and Mk4 Warmachine. This guy just stands out. Very tanky, I thought the Mark 4 was a tank...

Tho one funny thing, the pointy feet do look funny from a side view
Thanks for sharing pics! It's a gorgeous and very well-executed figure. If it wasn't the cost of two regular figures combined, I'd be all over it. I just don't need an Iron Patriot or War Machine that badly.

Your pictures are the exact side-by-side pics in natural lighting I needed to see to compare the colors (particularly the navy blue). I’m more than likely gonna pose these together if ai end up getting up. You‘ve nudged me a bit towards “Yes”.

No problem tbh it's one of the first things I did as it was bugging me in other photos/videos also.

Certainly get peoples concerns with it but in person, it doesn't look that bad with a bit of time spent posing. I'll be having mine with both arms raised with all weapons on show.
That's actually all I needed to know. I'm mostly pleased with the posing range of those shoulder pads while still keeping the joints well covered even when the arms are lifted up. I'm usually a museum poser but it'll be hard not to put those arms up, guns-blazing.

I don’t recall but did everyone recreate the “Bucky and Rocket” scene from Infinity War.

On second thought, how the hell would you suspend him from Bucky’s arm?

I don’t recall but did everyone recreate the “Bucky and Rocket” scene from Infinity War.

On second thought, how the hell would you suspend him from Bucky’s arm?

Hot Toys did it, but it could have been done with “photo tricks”. Then again I don’t know for certain, because Rocket is not very heavy and Bucky’s left arm is very stiff.

That said, I could also see someone replicating that moment by suspending Rocket with a fine wire or something …

Attachments

• 917BC941-F149-4DF7-B41E-3920B6240554.jpeg
    917BC941-F149-4DF7-B41E-3920B6240554.jpeg
    249 KB · Views: 87
Got my patriot mk2, don’t get the moaning about the arms side by side they are no longer than any of my others. Amazing armour and with rocket who I got cheap months back to go with this guy it’s a show stopper piece. A must have for me and super happy to have it.

Got my patriot mk2, don’t get the moaning about the arms side by side they are no longer than any of my others. Amazing armour and with rocket who I got cheap months back to go with this guy it’s a show stopper piece. A must have for me and super happy to have it.
Based on the above side by side photo of @El-Vi-Riachi, IP2 is slightly taller than IP1. Top of the shoulder (not the shoulder armor) is also slightly above IP1 yet the knuckles hit almost at the same level for both.

The difference is marginal, talking a millimeter or two if that. The shoulder pads are huge also and take up alot of space ( they are hollow and sit quite high from the arm socket). The arm joint goes in at around the same level as the MK1.

I'll take the arms off and post a comparison at some point

Sorry for the delay.

Got a few photos for comparison.

Mark 85 arm Iron Patriot mk1 and mk2

With the hands the size difference does actually look bad. Without they are very close.

Again in hand and connected to the figure, if posed right doesn't look that bad at all. If it's something that bugs you about the design probably best to pass.

I would have liked a slightly darker blue and fuller red myself paint wise, but it looks striking in display. (Forgive the cluttered display I've to move other figures to a diff display once I've made room)

Attachments

• 20210926_113851.jpg
    20210926_113851.jpg
    155.5 KB · Views: 171
  • 20210926_113805.jpg
    20210926_113805.jpg
    148.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 20210924_230348.jpg
    20210924_230348.jpg
    247.7 KB · Views: 173
Any pics of the sculpt on the WM Mk4 floating around? Or the Mk6 I guess considering those are the armors where he goes helmetless
Not exactly pics, but Justin does show the Cheadle sculpt off on his review video.

Any pics of the sculpt on the WM Mk4 floating around? Or the Mk6 I guess considering those are the armors where he goes helmetless
Fair number of videos showing the sculpt on the MK1, MK4 and Mk6.

I have the mark 1 and 4 so if I get time I'll post some, didn't like the mark 6 so skipped.

*edit*

Here is the mark 1 and 4.

Both require you to use some of the plastic sheets which cover some hot toys in the box to help pack the neck peg, otherwise the headsulpt is too loose on both.

It works quite well on the Mark 1, less so on the Mark 4. It feels like it needs one of those armour neck wraps which came with some of the older iron man figures to remove the massive gaps around the headsculps neck. A custom one could be made, it only needs to be a grey/black to match the armour.

These are the only war machines I have so can't test the head on any others.

At a distance I suppose it's not that bad, but once you get up close there are gaps around the necks, quite large on the Mark 4.

Attachments

• 20210927_181445.jpg
    20210927_181445.jpg
    89.7 KB · Views: 102
  • 20210927_181724.jpg
    20210927_181724.jpg
    92.4 KB · Views: 93
  • 20210927_182359.jpg
    20210927_182359.jpg
    94.3 KB · Views: 99
  • 20210927_182416.jpg
    20210927_182416.jpg
    111.3 KB · Views: 114
Last edited:
At a distance I suppose it's not that bad, but once you get up close there are gaps around the necks, quite large on the Mark 4.

Thanks for those, not too far off the mark- can be worked with at least

SPN9iSc.png

BO7DoYZ.png

S0nSiVb.png

Can pass for the unfinished photoshop promo image look
kemU3qg.jpg

The 6 doesn't have the collar look much at all, simpler mod for anyone with that suit
XWXQnu6.png

Z5OAkkl.png

I'm at a cross roads with this guy. I can get either IP2 or WM1. Which one should I get?

I'm at a cross roads with this guy. I can get either IP2 or WM1. Which one should I get?
It's a personal preference. Depends what your aiming for on a display, if your limiting yourself to one character etc.

If I could only get one I'd get the mark 1. More iconic. You can't go wrong with the MK1.

I wanted IP MK2 for my endgame display, since I already had a WM MK1.

Both figures come with loads of accessories/parts.

Last edited:
It's a personal preference. Depends what your aiming for on a display, if your limiting yourself to one character etc.

If I could only get one I'd get the mark 1. More iconic. You can't go wrong with the MK1.

I wanted IP MK2 for my endgame display, since I already had a WM MK1.

Both figures come with loads of accessories/parts.
Yeah I don't quite have a Specific movie display, more of a amalgam of Comic accurate versions of the movie MCU characters. I like the IP2 bulkiness, but that design was never from the comics. WM1 design definitely was. so Idk! haha. I'm also getting it for free because gonna use all my Reward points from Sideshow

I'd say Mark 1 then, he'd a chunky boy too and closer to WM in the comics. Can pose him clean or with battle damage. Slippery slope tho as when I got him, I then need a mark 6 to stand with him, then a whiplash MK2.... 🤣

I had an original War machine mk1, the plastic version. Loved it for years, then when I got the diecast version it blew it out of the water.

Back