1/6 Hot Toys Avengers: Endgame - Iron Man

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, I took pics with the Stark head but the lighting sucks and my camera is ancient, amazed it still even works

IMG_9275.JPG
IMG_9278.JPG
IMG_9279.JPG
IMG_9280.JPG

I haven't been resizing these pics, hope that's not screwing people up too much.

55501517_10156144700407344_2514109667068608512_o.jpg
IMG_9275 - Copy.JPG

I guess these highlighted areas are where those people on HT facebook (and maybe here aswell, I didn't look back far) are seeing issue. The silhouette of the back seems to have been straightened

IMG_9259.JPG
55628818_10156144701017344_4737294158065041408_n (1).jpg

The traps are possibly a posing thing. I lowered the shoulders, think I also pulled them out and brought them forward a bit, hence the lack of smooth transitions in that area.

Last edited:
Well, I took pics with the Stark head but the lighting sucks and my camera is ancient, amazed it still even works

I haven't been resizing these pics, hope that's not screwing people up too much.

The pics look great. Thanks.
I just wanted to see the head on a clothed body, or similar. Like how it scales off the armour. I really want to pick up that unhelmeted sculpt. I might even try and pick up the entire armour just to get the head and then sell the armour again.

The issue is the angle and positioning of the arms. The modder who got the arms closer to the body basically "fixed" the look of the figure, but who knows what the possibility trade off is.

Sent from my SM-G973W using Tapatalk

Positioning aside, the overall shape of this figure looks nothing like the prototype. Not what we've come to expect or deserve after countless iron man releases. Did HT really think we wouldn't notice? :slap

Ok, back to the headsculpt. I tried getting shots of it and comparing photos on the web that's from Endgame (movie or promotional materials) just to get an idea why it's off. My conclusion is the jaw line needs to be straightened a bit and widened as well. The tip of the nose may be a bit too pointy as well and needs to be flattened a bit. The details are there and phone cameras tend to smoothen or wash out the wrinkles. So ditch the iPhones and get something better. It wouldn't hurt though to make those details more obvious or deepen the lines when they fix the sculpt. I don't like the paint used on the hair as it looks like bronze that's leaning close to being metallic. That said, the details can be better appreciated in-hand but that doesn't mean the sculpt isn't off. It's RDJ's Endgame doppelganger or maybe Tony Stank at best. At least though, I don't feel it's another actor/actress or another ethnicity/race.

20210112_103659.jpg
20210112_104518.jpg
20210112_104624.jpg
20210112_104921.jpg
20210112_105626.jpg
20210112_105237.jpg
20210111_161317.jpg

And for those giving it positive and glowing reviews even, I got you covered:

https://www.healthgrades.com/ophthalmology-directory

Use it well.

I was thinking about this yesterday, with the recall on the Mark 85 headsculpt... I wonder if the
Team Suit Tony Stark figure is now pushed back to Q3-Q4 2021?

It was supposed to use the same headsculpt as the 85, wasn't it?
I would be shocked if they released this figure with that same sculpt after recalling the Mark 85.

Last edited:
I know what the edit was. I still recommend using the link. You can like the sculpt but to give it a glowing review is a different matter.

Edit: what the edits WERE at this point.

I had this on order from SSC but wasn't gonna wait another year to get the suit due to the head sculpt swap. Ordered this from the wonderland spot shortly after midnight this past Saturday and was unboxing it Monday evening. I put the head sculpt on the Concept Mark 46 and called it a day (concept head for a concept body; done deal). I feel as if the head sculpt niggles may be warranted, but not enough to have to wait on a suit for another whole year. I mean the head sculpt isn't as ugly as some of those previous Tony Stark sculpts from back in the day, so there's that, haha. The IM suit is great though. I mean it looks like one of the best suits to me (maybe caught up in the new figure moment, but I do have a lot of em and the figure looks good). I am no expert in what flavor red or gold it should be, what kind of post processing folks do in the movies, etc., but the figure looks like Iron Man to me. Not too bothered about all that. Glad I picked it up. Now like everyone else I'd like a Mark I to call it a day regarding the armors.

IMG-4375.jpg

IMG-4376.jpg

IMG-4374.jpg

IMG-4377.jpg

IMG-4378.jpg

Ok, back to the headsculpt. I tried getting shots of it and comparing photos on the web that's from Endgame (movie or promotional materials) just to get an idea why it's off. My conclusion is the jaw line needs to be straightened a bit and widened as well. The tip of the nose may be a bit too pointy as well and needs to be flattened a bit. The details are there and phone cameras tend to smoothen or wash out the wrinkles. So ditch the iPhones and get something better. It wouldn't hurt though to make those details more obvious or deepen the lines when they fix the sculpt. I don't like the paint used on the hair as it looks like bronze that's leaning close to being metallic. That said, the details can be better appreciated in-hand but that doesn't mean the sculpt isn't off. It's RDJ's Endgame doppelganger or maybe Tony Stank at best. At least though, I don't feel it's another actor/actress or another ethnicity/race.

View attachment 503666
View attachment 503667
View attachment 503668
View attachment 503669
View attachment 503670
View attachment 503671
View attachment 503672

Use it well.

Appreciate the thorough breakdown of why the headsculpt is garbage. :clap

View attachment 503661
View attachment 503664

The traps are possibly a posing thing. I lowered the shoulders, think I also pulled them out and brought them forward a bit, hence the lack of smooth transitions in that area.

Hmm, it's a shame the more tapered/organic silhouette of the back from the prototype is gone now and what we get instead is something more jagged and rickety with the sharp edges...ugh!

The pics look great. Thanks.
I just wanted to see the head on a clothed body, or similar. Like how it scales off the armour. I really want to pick up that unhelmeted sculpt. I might even try and pick up the entire armour just to get the head and then sell the armour again.

Oh. OK well the only clothed figure of a normal sized man that I have is the T-1000. And as a matter of curiosity I popped off the T-1000's head with a view to testing the Stark head on it when I realized

IMG_9299.JPG

I think that socket would have to be popped out. The Stark head is noticeably larger than the T-1000 head in any case.

Positioning aside, the overall shape of this figure looks nothing like the prototype.

Hmm, it's a shame the more tapered/organic silhouette of the back from the prototype is gone now and what we get instead is something more jagged and rickety with the sharp edges...ugh!

Looking at the figure again in person, the upper body is definitely different from the prototype - more of a square silhouette. I suspect the internal lines and details are different also.

By reactions here I assume then that the prototype was more accurate?

Looking at the figure again in person, the upper body is definitely different from the prototype - more of a square silhouette. I suspect the internal lines and details are different also.

By reactions here I assume then that the prototype was more accurate?

If we're talking about the armor itself, the silhouette looks better on the prototype. However, the details are different and the final product is more screen accurate.

If we're talking about the armor itself, the silhouette looks better on the prototype. However, the details are different and the final product is more screen accurate.

Hmmm. Well if they moved the internal details of the suit towards greater accuracy that suggests to me that the silhouette alteration would have been for practical reasons - articulation and range of motion. But I dunno, looking at it I find myself wondering would the muscled, tapering back really have obstructed anything.

Oh. OK well the only clothed figure of a normal sized man that I have is the T-1000. And as a matter of curiosity I popped off the T-1000's head with a view to testing the Stark head on it when I realized

View attachment 503685

I think that socket would have to be popped out. The Stark head is noticeably larger than the T-1000 head in any case.

Thanks for trying. I appreciate it.
I had the same problem with the Affleck Bruce Wayne head. They made it in 1/6(As opposed to the usual 12" scale they mostly favour), and it's huge compared to other male headsculpts(I only icked up the head for a Bruce Wayne custom).
If you get a minute, can you take a pic of the Tony head next to the T-1000's head?(Or any other male head you have).
Thanks in advance. I only want to pick this head up for a Tony custom, but won't bother if it's not in scale with other figures.

View attachment 503666
View attachment 503667
View attachment 503668
View attachment 503669
View attachment 503670
View attachment 503671
View attachment 503672

Use it well.

Thank you for posting that. Yeah that's off. RDJ has a pretty narrow face and rounded eyes, and both the prototype and the final got it wrong.

So i got him from Toyswonderland, i was one of those guys who doesnt want to wait another year for a Headsculpt that i never intend to use anyway. Snap 2 pics out of the box. He looks fine, they change the traps muscle a lil bit from the proto. But swivel the arms a lil bit and problem almost solved, no gap between shoulders too
20210113_164454.jpg
20210113_164543.jpg

Rotated. Thanks for these, the figure looks quite good here. I do think it's lost some of the proto's shape to its slight detriment, but as I've said several times, it's not bad. Just a little disappointed for such an important release, but they can't all be perfect.

im0.jpg

im1.jpg

Rotated. Thanks for these, the figure looks quite good here. I do think it's lost some of the proto's shape to its slight detriment, but as I've said several times, it's not bad. Just a little disappointed for such an important release, but they can't all be perfect.

View attachment 503739

View attachment 503740

A major let down after seeing the proto and pics like this, and the fact we've seen HT do better after years of iron man figures feels like kick in the gut. Screenshot_20210113-124402_Gallery.jpg

Back